Xbox one x buzzing noise only when off

Discus and support Xbox one x buzzing noise only when off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey community, my xbox one x makes the below attached buzzing noise when its off and in energy save mode. It comes from about where the internal PSU... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by left65, Aug 1, 2020.

1. left65
    left65 Guest

Hey community,

my xbox one x makes the below attached buzzing noise when its off and in energy save mode. It comes from about where the internal PSU is (back left) and you have to be pretty close to hear it.

anyone else have this or know what it might be?

https://clyp.it/eg3nwjjg

thank you

:)

left65, Aug 1, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Black Catman Win User

Hey community,

my xbox one x makes the below attached buzzing noise when its off and in energy save mode. It comes from about where the internal PSU is (back left) and you have to be pretty close to hear it.

anyone else have this or know what it might be?

https://clyp.it/eg3nwjjg

thank you
    Mine is doing the same thing. Started yesterday and now my system won't boot up. It will make the chime and shuts down after 5 seconds. Nothing on the screen and the buzz gets louder when trying to power it on.

Xbox buzz while off:

https://clyp.it/mfmibgbd

Xbox powering on and shutdown by itself after 4-5 seconds (you can hear the buzz here as well):

https://clyp.it/pnhfhnul
  3. Arminator Win User

Infuriating Buzzing sound - Party Chat

Hello, so I got a problem with using a mic on my Xbox One X.

My friend told he'd always hear a buzzing noise when I'd talk in Party Chat.

Connecting the controllers with a USB cable to my console only enhances the buzzing noise, and makes it almost unbearable for my Chat members.

Is your controller powered via an USB power supply during that time?

My friends also sometimes complain about a buzzing sound when I'm charging my controller via USB. Also, another friend produces buzzing when he charges his controller via USB.

So it's probably not your Y cable or microphone, as the original Xbox chat headset also buzzes, when the controller charges via USB.

However, when I remove the USB charging cable, the buzzing stops.

So if you still have a buzzing sound, do you have to power the microphone?
  4. tandaman008 Win User

Xbox one making weird noise

It's a constant noise not one that has breaks in it. A low pitched buzzing sound. Only goes away when a game is loaded.
  5. AlfredoMazzucchi Win User

Xbox One X with external HDD attached.

Hi Alfrythebestboy,

That's a very odd issue. Does that happen regardless of what USB port you plug your external hard drive in? Is it at all possible the USB drive is making the noise? Do you have the USB drive on or beside the Xbox? If it's on the Xbox it's possible that you're
    hearing a buzz when the hard drive spins. Unfortunately this is a bit difficult to pin point without seeing / hearing the console. I would try relocating the hard drive (move off the Xbox, or sit it somewhere else near by), trying a different USB port, or
    even re-positioning the Xbox and the hard drive (if possible).

Hope this helps!
    The noise comes from the Xbox One X (only when the external HDD is connected).

I've tried several positions, but the problem persists.

Now I do not know if it's a "real" problem, but it always happens when the Xbox X is off and the external HDD is connected. When the external HDD is disconnected, the noise disappears! The noise is "light", almost imperceptible (only audible when it is near,
    with the ear, to the xbox). I just wanted to know if it's normal.
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Problem with brand new...

Are you using a wired controller or a play and charge kit. I only get the buzzing noise when using one of those two
Thema:

1. Xbox one x buzzing noise only when off - Similar Threads - buzzing noise off

2. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  3. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  4. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  5. Xbox series s making buzzing noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s making buzzing noise.: Hello, im Yasi, i have been facing some problems with my xbox series s, i have got it from 2022 around june. lately its been making a buzzing or wheezing noise on the left hand side of the xbox...
  6. Buzzing noise from the back of an xbox one x.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzing noise from the back of an xbox one x.: So basically i was playing call of duty,i paused call of duty and it started buzzing. Few hours passed and i heard a coil sound or smth,would it be a power supply issue or fan?...
  7. Buzzing noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Buzzing noise: Why does my Xbox series buzz when switched off it's on energy-saving mode? I can only hear it when I put my ear on the Xbox. 29d77d78-c828-4664-91da-35737c98f0d7
  8. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power: So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it...
  9. Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?: Hi, I just want to find out if its normal for a Series X to make a buzz noise every time it starts up from powering off. I've read that it's the disk drive searching for a disc but my paranoia is...
  10. Xbox One X buzzing noise and Xbox turns off after seconds being turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X buzzing noise and Xbox turns off after seconds being turned on: Whenever I plug in the power adapter i hear this buzzing sound that comes from back of xbox one x, I turn on the Xbox and after seconds of being on it turns off. 8c08cc24-8fe4-47d7-819f-52f44987ee0d