Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu.

Discus and support Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Adding on to the ASA crashing reports. Playing Deep Rock and it crashes my Xbox, blinking lights, when I try to play. Only happened after the latest... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TooTerribleToBeGood, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu.

Adding on to the ASA crashing reports. Playing Deep Rock and it crashes my Xbox, blinking lights, when I try to play. Only happened after the latest update. On top of that, if I can manage to play something I'm locked into that game and have to restart my xbox if I want to open something else because pressing the home button only dims the screen, but doesn't actually show the home menu on the side.

submitted by /u/TooTerribleToBeGood
    [link] [comments]

/u/TooTerribleToBeGood, Sep 24, 2023
  2. ryans311-[xboxvenue] Win User

Home Screen

i started having this issue last night. i can get places using cortana, but the home screen does not show up and the side menu does not show when pressing the home button on my controller. i hear the sound, but my screen dimming is all that happens. my
    xbox one is original so it could be going out and this is the first issue ive had with it.
  3. Sad0w47 Win User

Problem sigining in on dashboard

I have the same issue, cant access home menu/return to dashboard after entering a game, unable to access console settings etc.

screen just dims when using the home button.
  4. greeko88 Win User

Launching games kicks me back to home screen problem.

I have the same problem:

DR3 - either crashes to home screen, or gets stuck at "Loading"

AC4 - either crashes to home screen, or gets stuck loading the save game

KI- crashes to home

COD- Goes into a loop going back to the splash screen after showing the menu for a second or two

These are all digital download games. I'm on my 2nd replacement xbox and support hasn't been able to help me at all.
  5. titanslayer576 Win User

Xbox One Sidebar issue :(

SAME HERE OMG!!! yeah nothing works. sucks so bad. this glitch prob happened becuz microsoft wants us to buy xbox one x or something.

The high contrast thing did not work for me please help

Same here, when i press the home button, rather than bringing up the bar or anything the screen just gets dim until i press the home button again, returning me to my game. I cant change games or access my home screen without turning off the xbox, and even
    when i click my profile it just dims also. High contrast was already off for me. any ideas?
    YES
  6. VanchoSG Win User

Blackscreen after start-up

Same here, just updated my Xbox last night, everytime I start it up it only shows a black screen... Pressing home button only brings the shutdown menu, if I choose "report a problem" it shows the Xbox Feedback screen but then goes back to black
Thema:

Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu.

1. Xbox One X. ASA, constant crashing. Home button only dims screen, but doesn't show home menu. - Similar Threads - ASA constant crashing

2. Edge having issues with video (ASA Xbox Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Edge having issues with video (ASA Xbox Series X): Edge is having performance issues lately in general on boot up and on general sites. On video its very bad video tends to become "framey" and makes a lot of content unwatchable works fine on other...
  3. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  4. If I download ARK ASA on my pc via xbox app, is it considered as a console or a PC for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I download ARK ASA on my pc via xbox app, is it considered as a console or a PC for...: If I download ARK ASA on my pc via xbox app, is it considered as a console or a PC for crossplay? f330bdf0-db6a-4b26-9624-471f047d52b7
  5. Possible issue after the 6/18 ASA update

in XboX Insiders
    Possible issue after the 6/18 ASA update: After the 6/18 Alpha-Skip Ahead update there seems to be an issue which once you restart the console from the power settings after holding down the nexus button the console remains in a black...
  6. xbox keeps restarting after latest update. (ASA)

in XboX Insiders
    xbox keeps restarting after latest update. (ASA): My xbox was working completely normal until I got an update for the latest Alpha Skip Ahead. After that whenever I try to start a game it will just reset my xbox. submitted by /u/MichaeLionheart...
  7. Asa

in XBoX Accessibility
    Asa: Why ain't the xbox.com/plaything not working when I try to sign in it just takes me back to sign and it doesn't sign in 56546fcc-7c0d-4665-a613-e6df82f69aa3
  8. When comes the next revision of home UI to ASA and Alpha..

in XboX Insiders
    When comes the next revision of home UI to ASA and Alpha..: Would someone from team XBOX share some future plans on next revision of home UI? When we will be seeing major changes? For now it is so annoying that I just hate it so much that it is now...
  9. ''Remote Tools for Microsoft Edge'' App won't stop updating. (ASA)

in XboX Insiders
    ''Remote Tools for Microsoft Edge'' App won't stop updating. (ASA): After the latest update for Alpha-Skip-Ahead I have a new app called ''Remote Tools for Microsoft Edge'' and I've noticed it keeps acting like it needs an update but even after installing, it...
  10. Anyone found the New Features and Experiences announced in the last ASA-Update Announcement

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone found the New Features and Experiences announced in the last ASA-Update Announcement: New Features and Experiences We have exciting news! Alpha Skip-Ahead users can expect something new coming to their Xbox Update Preview. I didn't find anything new yet. Someone of you maybe?...