xbox one won't start after installing recent update

Discus and support xbox one won't start after installing recent update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I updated my xbox to the new version. Everything went fine. About 10 hours later, I was trying to stream music from my Nokia PlayTo Beta app (WP 8) to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bingo gas station, Feb 14, 2014.

1. xbox one won't start after installing recent update

I updated my xbox to the new version. Everything went fine. About 10 hours later, I was trying to stream music from my Nokia PlayTo Beta app (WP 8) to the X1 but none of the music would play. (It would load the song and then just say 0:00/4:33 for example
    with no way to start playing.)

I figured that since there was a new update, I would do a full power off, in case something needed to install in the background. After restarting the X1, the Xbox Logo Green Screen has displayed for over 30 minutes with no change, nothing is happening, nothing
    is launching. I don't hear any noises from the console reading/writing any data.

I really wanted to play the Titanfall Beta, but I guess I just get to stare at this screen forever now. Any Ideas?

:)

bingo gas station, Feb 14, 2014
  2. TH3AT1ANT34N
    TH3AT1ANT34N Guest
    Games keep randomly quiting to home screen.

Note: Some of my friends have been getting the same exact issue after installing the recent update.

TH3AT1ANT34N, Feb 14, 2014
  3. Urban Syth
    Urban Syth Guest
    Having Trouble Installing Games

When installing the recent update for Rainbow 6 Siege My xbox would not display the mb/s therefore not installing the update.

Urban Syth, Feb 14, 2014
  4. xbox one won't start after installing recent update

I tried to run the offline update to fix my console. It ended up worse than it was to begin with. I can't even get a screen to display now. I had a black screen for an hour. After that it went to a No Input screen. I tried to redo the offline install and
    it never beeps to try to load the firmware from the flash drive.

This is getting very frustrating.

bingo gas station, Feb 14, 2014
  5. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Your best bet would be to contact support.

Its possible the update might have gone wrong and bricked your console.

Malacath, Feb 14, 2014
  6. I did contact support and they tried basically the same thing and received the same result. So hurray! the update bricked my console.

They told me it would be easy to take it back to Target where I (regrettably) purchased it. The support person (Maise T. I believe) said that Microsoft has an agreement with all of their retailers and all I need to do was bring the console itself (no accessories/box
    etc) up there and that it would be easy to swap it out. Well Target only takes electronic returns up to 45 days after purchase and the support lady said it was covered through some warranty agreement, which no one at Target had ever heard of. So I had to stay
    up there for an hour or two and I think they really only swapped the console for me to get me out of the store.

Long story short, Microsoft breaks its own console, support person promises easy swap, Target is unaware of any agreement.

bingo gas station, Feb 18, 2014
  7. @Bing.... You may have done this already, not sure but worth a shot as this fix works for most situations. Soft reset. Hold power button for 5-10 seconds, unplug the rear power cord. Wait 30 seconds then plug back in. Press consoles power button and wait
    for longer boot up. As said this is 90% of the time the fix for most I chat with. Good Luck!!

PrimitiveMeat, Feb 18, 2014
  8. xbox one won't start after installing recent update

Oh yeah, I tried power cycling repeatedly all throughout the process, never returned different results. but yeah, replaced the console since then.

bingo gas station, Feb 18, 2014
  9. ShamiShah
    ShamiShah Guest
    I keep my xbox one unplugged (no power) when not is use. I turned it on today after few days and it asked me to update. After update all of sudden kinect is not working. I see message that kinect is not plugged in. Soft Reset didn't do anything.

It appears to be software issue as I didn't move anything. Any clues ?

ShamiShah, Feb 18, 2014
  10. update killed my xbox as well. I'm really disappointed with Microsoft.

LR King Cobra, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

xbox one won't start after installing recent update