Xbox one won't respond to controller except for xbox button

Discus and support Xbox one won't respond to controller except for xbox button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can move between console off and controller off after pressing xbox button. But on the homepage i can't do anything. I tried reconnecting controller,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DoomedPanther67, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Xbox one won't respond to controller except for xbox button

I can move between console off and controller off after pressing xbox button. But on the homepage i can't do anything. I tried reconnecting controller, turning off the console and on but it stayed the same. Finally I had to hold the xbox button on the console
    for 10 seconds to turn it off. Now it work and responds like before. Should I worry about this or was this just a weird occurrence? Thanks everyone!

:)

DoomedPanther67, Dec 28, 2014
  2. T1G3RS 3Y3
    T1G3RS 3Y3 Guest
    Can't select a title after opening Netflix on XBox 360

Ever since an update in November, I have been unable to select any titles in Netflix. It isn't the controller; I play a ton of games and it hasn't acted up once in several months. It isn't the Xbox; Amazon Prime works perfectly. But whenever I load Netflix,
    I can't select anything. The A button just does not respond; in fact, not buttons respond except for the two analog sticks and the Xbox home button. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm fed up.

T1G3RS 3Y3, Dec 28, 2014
  3. BIGPLAY1824
    BIGPLAY1824 Guest
    Controller connects but will not work

My xbox one controller connects to the xbox one (solid white xbox symbol on the controller) but does not work in conjunction with the system. The xbox one does not respond to buttons being pushed or joysticks being used. Very confused by this. Xbox still
    responds to voice commands and hand gestures via kinect. Any help is greatly appreciated

BIGPLAY1824, Dec 28, 2014
  4. P4P4B34RS
    P4P4B34RS Guest

I have exactly the same problem. I even changed the batteries on the controller but of course still did not work. I can't play any game or move to different tabs from the main dashboard. Any idea?

P4P4B34RS, Dec 29, 2014
  5. Banderson875
    Banderson875 Guest
    Just had this problem last night after my batteries were low, so I plugged in the usb cable, this has never done this to me in the past, but I was able to replicate it twice last night, it also messed up my headset audio, it wouldn't send sound/voice to
    the headset, only through the tv.

This Seems to be a big issue with xbox ones. I have 2 of them, one of them is from launch. This is just another issue in the loooooong list of issues I've had with the xbox one, the only real fix seems to be a hard reset, either holding the xbox button on
    the console until it shuts off, or unplugging it, which I don't recommend, could cause a spark or other electrical issues imo. It really is a garbage system.

I recommend if you just got it for Christmas that you return it and exchange for a ps4, my ps4 works great and the dashboard is 10x faster. Sadly all my friends are on xbox so thats where I spend most of my gaming time, but I'm about ready to ditch them,
    I've had it with the xbox one.

Banderson875, Dec 29, 2014
  6. P4P4B34RS
    P4P4B34RS Guest
    I did hard reset by pressing the XBOX logo for few seconds on the console itself, and problem is now fixed. Thanks Omni!

P4P4B34RS, Dec 29, 2014
  7. Do you have a custom background? Like pictures or something?.

Anlopes-25F4AE35-76B2-4F81-ADA7-D314C2D1B693, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Banderson875 Win User

Just had this problem last night after my batteries were low, so I plugged in the usb cable, this has never done this to me in the past, but I was able to replicate it twice last night, it also messed up my headset audio, it wouldn't send sound/voice to
    the headset, only through the tv.

This Seems to be a big issue with xbox ones. I have 2 of them, one of them is from launch. This is just another issue in the loooooong list of issues I've had with the xbox one, the only real fix seems to be a hard reset, either holding the xbox button on
    the console until it shuts off, or unplugging it, which I don't recommend, could cause a spark or other electrical issues imo. It really is a garbage system.

I recommend if you just got it for Christmas that you return it and exchange for a ps4, my ps4 works great and the dashboard is 10x faster. Sadly all my friends are on xbox so thats where I spend most of my gaming time, but I'm about ready to ditch them,
    I've had it with the xbox one.
  9. Anlopes-25F4AE35-76B Win User

Do you have a custom background? Like pictures or something?.
  10. P4P4B34RS Win User

I have exactly the same problem. I even changed the batteries on the controller but of course still did not work. I can't play any game or move to different tabs from the main dashboard. Any idea?
  11. P4P4B34RS Win User

I did hard reset by pressing the XBOX logo for few seconds on the console itself, and problem is now fixed. Thanks Omni!
  12. Russ Delaney Win User

Only Xbox Home button working

Same problem here on one of my controllers. Connect it via USB and it works fine. XBOX button lights up solid like it is connected, but only XBOX Home button works and console responds like I want to turn it off but the joysticks won't move to select anything.
Thema:

1. Xbox one won't respond to controller except for xbox button - Similar Threads - won't respond controller

2. My disc won't play games or respond Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My disc won't play games or respond Xbox one s: My Xbox one s disc player won't respond 31b2faf2-d8b5-4c74-b50a-14c45a3917a2
  3. My Xbox One controller is on... But my Xbox One console won't respond.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller is on... But my Xbox One console won't respond.: This issue recently started. I was watching YouTube, and my controller powered off as it normally does when I don't use it. However, after turning on the controller again, the console wouldn't...
  4. Analog sticks won't respond to up or down input on my PDP Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog sticks won't respond to up or down input on my PDP Xbox controller: My Xbox one pdp wired controlled analog stick isn't responding to input “up” or “down” I've went to accessorie settings to fix my problem, to see also my left and right trigger isn't responding...
  5. My controler is turned on but won't respond to the commands

in XboX Insiders
    My controler is turned on but won't respond to the commands: My controler batteries were low, so i used a charger and connected it to the console. After this, it can turn on, but pressing the buttons wont do anything. It was the first time i tried to use a...
  6. Why won't my controller respond

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't my controller respond: I got the elite series 2 controller and iv Sync it to my Xbox, it will not respond. e8f54c9e-b27b-40ee-a619-e67d96e922b7
  7. PC - Game Pass- Wreckfest won't launch, screen is black and won't respond

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC - Game Pass- Wreckfest won't launch, screen is black and won't respond: So I got the gamepass and have been playing wreckfest, I played last night no issues but when I tried to play today the screen would just be black and when I clicked anything it would say that the...
  8. My control is faulty and Microsoft won't respond to my emails

in XBoX on Consoles
    My control is faulty and Microsoft won't respond to my emails: Opened Xbox series S on 26 dec. Few days later the controller can't function without being on charge. It is new batteries that were included in the box. It is paired with the console. No one is...
  9. Help! when I play minion rush, the game won't respond to the keys on the keyboard when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! when I play minion rush, the game won't respond to the keys on the keyboard when I...: I have been playing minion rush for multiple months now. I have had this keyboard problem ever since I first played the game. Whenever I press a key to move the minion, it doesn't work! I have had...
  10. Xbox App on PC won't respond to any action

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on PC won't respond to any action: My xbox app is entirely glitched. When I try to open it, it gets to the initial screen and then closes. When I try to uninstall it, either nothing happens, or it tells me the app is being...