Xbox one won’t read discs, even when doing the hold and release method

Discus and support Xbox one won’t read discs, even when doing the hold and release method in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My fat Xbox one won’t read discs after they have been inserted, am I looking at needing a new disc drive? submitted by /u/Steven_seagull99 [link]... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Steven_seagull99, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Xbox one won’t read discs, even when doing the hold and release method

My fat Xbox one won’t read discs after they have been inserted, am I looking at needing a new disc drive?

submitted by /u/Steven_seagull99
    [link] [comments]

/u/Steven_seagull99, Jul 25, 2024
  2. vikingland1 Win User

Your disc drive will fail too!

My disc drive doesn't read discs sometimes but if I hold the disc longer when it trys to pulll it in it reads them. I've had my XB1 since week one of it's release. It's also my go to for watching blu-ray movies and it's still chugging away. Knock on wood.
  3. Orunj Win User

Launch Xbox One disc drive doesn't always work

Hey this worked for me on my day one Xbox ONE. Same issue doesn't read the game or blu ray. This sounds weird but when inserting the disc hold it and wait till it tries to pull it in and hold for about two seconds. After awhile you will notice the disc will
    be sucked in a little bit faster (might be hard to notice) and then it begins to read. I have noticed if you just allow it to suck in the disc normally the disc goes and it doesn't even read or know the disc is even in there.

I never knew I had this problem till I purchased a second game and took the disc out for the first time which was a week after my crappy warranty ran out.
  4. BiZz N1 Win User

Disc drive ( Chinese ) rubbish

Why does my Xbox series x 87 days old not play any disc whatsoever ?? Won’t play Xbox one game Xbox 360 dvd or Blu-ray won’t play anything it’s the 5th Xbox on the spin to do this ? What’s going on with these crappy drives and power mode ( Microsoft won’t admit there’s a massive problem with their disc drives ! That’s facts
    YouTube has like 50 videos of people not being able to play a game they own on disc I think I’ll get full refund and buy PS5 no way will a Sony product not read discs
  5. onyxishere Win User

Battlefield won't install

Sorry to hear it. This could be an issue with the disc reader. Try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds to see if that helps.

If id does not then you can try holding the disc for 2 seconds when the console grabs it to force it to read. NOTE: This method is not recommended as it could scratch the disc. Ultimately your best option would be to set up a repair of the console.
  6. QuiCkz Ninja Win User

Disk Drive Problem????

Learn what to do if the disc drive on your Xbox 360 console can’t read discs or won’t open or close.

Xbox disc drive solution
Thema:

Xbox one won’t read discs, even when doing the hold and release method

1. Xbox one won’t read discs, even when doing the hold and release method - Similar Threads - won’t read discs

2. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  3. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  4. Is there any way to easily fix an Xbox one system that won’t read or eject discs? The sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way to easily fix an Xbox one system that won’t read or eject discs? The sync...: The question pretty much sums it up. I would continue searching the internet, and will, but wanted to post a recent question for reference to all people looking for assistance now. I’ve had...
  5. Series X says disc is dirty/damaged and won’t download but my Xbox one can still read it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X says disc is dirty/damaged and won’t download but my Xbox one can still read it: Hey basically it’s what’s in the title. I’m trying to download Red Dead Redemption 2 to my new series x and it starts to download almost 3/4 of the way and then it stops and tells me my disc is...
  6. My Xbox won’t read a disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox won’t read a disc: Hi! My Xbox one won’t read a disc. It reads my game and attempts to download it, then stops at 5% every time. With the disc in, I can’t even download the game from the store. I really hate to lose...
  7. Xbox won’t read FIFA 23 Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won’t read FIFA 23 Disc: Hello. I have called xbox support twice to resolve this issue, and both times they gave me workarounds that only very temporarily worked. The issue is such: I have FIFA 23. When I put the game...
  8. Xbox one X won’t read Xbox one game disc!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X won’t read Xbox one game disc!: As the title says my Xbox one X will read video disc, dvd disc, Blu-ray Disc, Xbox 360, but not Xbox one game disc it acts like I didn’t even insert a disc after reading it! I’ve tried the reset,...
  9. Xbox One S won’t install disc games, but can read blue ray discs

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S won’t install disc games, but can read blue ray discs: Every time I put in an Xbox game, the Xbox doesn’t detect it. I know the discs work because I use them in a different Xbox. When I put in a disc, I hear the same noise on a loop, so I’d assume...
  10. My Xbox one won’t read my Xbox 360 disc

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one won’t read my Xbox 360 disc: It works when I put Xbox one disc but it won’t work when I put Xbox 360 disc nothing shows up in the screen its a blacks ops 2 game I inserted nothing shows up same goes with black ops 1 disc...