Xbox one won't power up after trying the power supply reset the brick lights up a solid ...

Discus and support Xbox one won't power up after trying the power supply reset the brick lights up a solid ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please help my console won't power up even after i tried the reset procedure the lights a solid orange led but goes off when i plug it into the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LadenFeather551, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Xbox one won't power up after trying the power supply reset the brick lights up a solid ...

Please help my console won't power up even after i tried the reset procedure the lights a solid orange led but goes off when i plug it into the console whats wrong with it.

:)

LadenFeather551, Apr 21, 2016
  2. Power issue? Please help.

My Xbox one is having power issues.No power is getting to the console. I thought it was the power supply and ordered a new one. The power supply light is a solid orange when it is plugged into the wall only but when I plug it into the console the light goes
    off and the console won't. Help please. Thank you in advance.

Fosterguy1971, Apr 21, 2016
  3. FullM3tal UK
    FullM3tal UK Guest
    xbox one has just died

I had just loaded up Zoo Tycoon When my console lost power. The power brick light was off so I unplugged all cables to reseat them. After plugging in the power to power supply, I noticed there was an orange light on the power supply unit. As soon as I plug
    the power lead into the xbox one the power light goes off on the power brick and no light appears on the xbox one unit itself. What is my next step?

Thank you for any help.

FullM3tal UK, Apr 21, 2016
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Xbox one won't power up after trying the power supply reset the brick lights up a solid ...

Daft Badger, Apr 21, 2016
  5. JonHumphreys Win User

my xbox one turns on and off immediately

Do you have an original Xbox One, an S or an X? If you have an Xbox One original console try the following steps to reset your power supply:

1. Unplug the power brick from the wall and from the console
    2. Wait no less than 10 seconds (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi....)
    3. Plug the brick back in to the power outlet but not the console itself just yet.
    4. If the LED indicator light on the power brick has a solid light, try plugging the brick back into the console without turning on your system just yet. If the light is flashing or off at this point then the power brick would need to be replaced.
      Microsoft does cover this if it is within your consoles warranty. However, if the light is still solid after plugging the console back in then try turning on your Xbox.
  6. AchMeinLeben Win User

Xbox turns on for 1 second then immediately turns off.

I'm having the same issue. I get a solid orange light on the power supply, but the unit won't stay on. I get the power up chime then it shuts off. I'm afraid to buy a new brick just to find out that's not the problem.
  7. VENOM MDK Win User

My Xbox 360 Slim turns off after I turn it on.

Darknessx03,

When your Xbox shuts down what color is the light on the power brick? It might be that your power brick needs to be replaced.

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our

Xbox No Power Solution

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
    If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can

Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply
    from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console-power/check-power-supply
  8. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Power supply won’t work turning orange

Hi Mari-TessBreslerman,

Try the link that was posted on this thread (Xbox One Power Supply Solution). it will show whether the power brick or the console itself
    needs to be replaced or repaired.

In short, it will troubleshoot and lead through the process of showing the following:

If the power supply unit light is on after trying to turn the console on, it means it is the console.

If the light turns off, then the power supply needs to be replaced.
  9. Paul1708 Win User

Power brick

Hey Loglic Xi

Did you buy a new brick because the old one broke? If so it sounds like the issue is with the console itsself not the power brick. If that is the case microsoft no longer service the OG xbox one so you would need to replace the console. A solid orange light
    means the power brick is working correctly

There is also this troubleshooting page that may help
    https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/reset-power-supply-solution
Thema:

1. Xbox one won't power up after trying the power supply reset the brick lights up a solid ... - Similar Threads - won't power trying

2. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  3. My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one console won't turn on. The power supply led is amber, and the unit makes the...: My Xbox won't power up. The power supply has an amber led and the unit makes the power sound. The power led lit once, but not since. Help! 69719a45-9e81-4d54-a725-c491bb5dad50
  4. How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come...: How can one tell if it is your Xbox that's the problem or the power cable?Xbox won't come on at all b1c3cb70-c3bf-4173-98ab-d6d74624ba44
  5. My Xbox one X won't turn on the power

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X won't turn on the power: My Xbox one X won't turn on the power 5e81397c-d5a4-48cd-b60e-2e1eddbd4b2d
  6. My series x won't recognize wifi without power cycling

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x won't recognize wifi without power cycling: My series x will show no wireless networks when it is turned on normally. I will go to network settings and see no wireless networks despite having 4 normally in the area (apartments). The only...
  7. Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports: My Series X Console was having a weird issue where the controller wouldn't turn on the machine, but was fixed once the console was unplugged and plugged back in. Fast forward ~1 week and the...
  8. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...
  9. My xbox one won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one won't power on: I need help wit my xbox one 42f90383-44c0-4ba7-b399-58f8fa17fc02
  10. Xbox One controllers won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controllers won't power on: Both my Xbox One controllers won't even power on unless connected via a USB cable. The batteries are fine but neither controller will connect wirelessly anymore. How do I fix this? I've done a...