Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power!

Discus and support Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Our Xbox one has been shutting off, completely disconnected from power...no lights on bar or console..dead as dead...this only happens when we attempt... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JADEMAN7, Dec 21, 2015.

1. JADEMAN7
    JADEMAN7 Guest

Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power!

Our Xbox one has been shutting off, completely disconnected from power...no lights on bar or console..dead as dead...this only happens when we attempt to play a game whether it is on disc or downloaded. The game loads title screen and sometimes can start
    the game play for a few seconds and then DEAD!

To turn it back on we have to unplug from the wall only (won't work if plugged at the power bar connection in the back of console, has to be the wall)

We have exhausted everything! From plugging into another wall socket, testing nearly every game in our console and on disc, tested the power bar light and is normal orange standby mode and white when on.

We did a hard reset with no luck.

The Xbox main menu is fine and we can use apps with no problems....so far!

Coincidentally this started when we bought and downloaded the new ARK Survival Evolve game, it was the first time this happen was with this game the next day after purchase.Now all games have this problem! This has been an issue for 3 days now and very frustrating
    considering the price tag for this machine....it is the COD one TB limited edition console.

The Xbox is exactly one year old as we bought it last Christmas...it has been treated with respect and care with an extra mini fan always running on the outside and lots of ventilation.

Is this happening to others and is there a fix? Any help will be appreciated!

:)

JADEMAN7, Dec 21, 2015
  2. Xbox One Keeps Turning Off

Went on Microsoft Edge to watch dbz. Had a few pop-ups but the site worked fine. After a few episodes the Xbox One shut off unexepectantly. I turned the device on again, however, after a minute it shut off. When I reset the power by unplugging the power
    supply for some time, it again came on and turned off. It still keeps doing this and I don't know why. I've switch outlets too, so it's not just a bad outlet. The power cord seems to be working; when I plug it to an outlet its light glows orange. However,
    when I hook it to the Xbox One and turn it on, it will shut off after a couple of minutes. I've also cleaned whatever dust might of accumulated on the power supply and the console.

TheBlackGuy12, Dec 21, 2015
  3. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Your Lucky!

I just set up my console a few minutes ago, and it also took a long time after the update downloaded waiting at the green Xbox One screen. I turned the console off by touching the power sensor on the console, and the console started to shut down with a pulsating
    power light. After about a minute, the LED on the power brick turned yellow, when the console completely shut down. I then powered it up with the guide button on the contoller, and after a short wait on the Logo screen, setup continued.

Maybe it's really a case of "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Arminator, Dec 21, 2015
  4. Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power!

So it does it with games if they are on a disk or digital ? Either way , about all you could try is a factory restore as a last resort...I would try it quick if you have to setup a repair because its still (for a few more days ) LESS than 1 year old...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 21, 2015
  5. JADEMAN7
    JADEMAN7 Guest
    *Update: We are able to play most of Minecraft (Digital DL) as well as the Minecraft story mode.

Downloaded the new chapter of story mode and played for 1-1/2 hours....no problems!

When ever we try to play other games on disc, they get to title screen and then ALL POWER SHUTS DOWN DEAD!

This also happens with digital games, but after the title screen and the start of game play...ALL POWER SHUTS DOWN DEAD!

There is no warnings, not over heating at all. Tried it is both power save mode and regular mode.

The bar is white when on, and then orange when plugged back in and ready to start again. The light is NOT showing any signs of malfunction.

Electricity in our home has been checked and is fine ...so it is the xbox not our power source.

Have searched online for any help ...but seems like this is a rare issue because of the way it looses all power. Any ideas??

JADEMAN7, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Fable 2

Do a power cycle turn off the xbox holding the button for 30 seconds then after it shut off wait a few minutes then turn it on, it should stop the game from freezing
  7. Arminator Win User

Your Lucky!

I just set up my console a few minutes ago, and it also took a long time after the update downloaded waiting at the green Xbox One screen. I turned the console off by touching the power sensor on the console, and the console started to shut down with a pulsating
    power light. After about a minute, the LED on the power brick turned yellow, when the console completely shut down. I then powered it up with the guide button on the contoller, and after a short wait on the Logo screen, setup continued.

Maybe it's really a case of "have you tried turning it off and on again?"
  8. NainaBug Win User

Xbox One Random shutdown issues

I'm experiencing the same issues. My system was working fine for the first few weeks but when I start playing it today, it keeps shutting off. Every time I'm 5 minutes into the game the system will shut off. And there would be a few times when after it shuts
    off, I will turn it back on and it will shut off a second later. It will do this like 5 times until it turns completely on. I hardly was playing my Xbox one. I probably played it 10 times since I bought it.
  9. Kenny H. Win User

Streaming from PC to xbox one

Hey there. I don't know if you've tried this, but in the past when my Xbox refused to communicate with my PC, a hard reset fixed it. To do this, go to Settings, Power, Turn Xbox off. Wait until it is fully shut down, and turn it back on and try again after
    a few minutes. If that doesn't work, do the same thing, but unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 2 minutes after it is shut down and then try again.
  10. DreadGrrl Win User

Jigsaw stops after loading

Have you tried uninstalling the game, turning off the system by holding down the power button untill it shuts off, and then unplugging the console for a few minutes, before reinstalling the game?
Thema:

1. Xbox one won't play games and shuts off a few minutes after turned on, no power! - Similar Threads - won't play games

2. I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online: I renewed my subscription, but anytime I play a game that requires online, it pops up the choose your plan screen but instead of showing plans it says "no available offers" but this screen...
  3. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  4. My external storage won't let me play games from it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage won't let me play games from it: Since I got my new xbox series x my external storage won't let me play games off it like I downloaded far cry 6 onto my external storage since my internal is full so I click on it and it come up...
  5. RDR2 won't let me play story mode even though I own the full game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RDR2 won't let me play story mode even though I own the full game.: I recently purchased RDR2 on the Xbox store, the version that includes both story mode and online. I am confident it isn't just the online version. I installed it on my Xbox Series X - the file...
  6. Xbox Game Sharing Won't let me play EA Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Sharing Won't let me play EA Games: Hello, I just recently started Game Sharing with my Friend. My Friend is the one with Xbox Game Pass and we Game Share so I can get access to the game library that Xbox Game Pass has. Since he has...
  7. Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won't play ANY of newly installed games: I got my daughter an Xbox One and she did everything she normally did with the last one. Everything was going fine. Got games installed. Then it won't actually PLAY ANY OF THE GAMES. Tried...
  8. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  9. My disc won't play games or respond Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My disc won't play games or respond Xbox one s: My Xbox one s disc player won't respond 31b2faf2-d8b5-4c74-b50a-14c45a3917a2
  10. Won't let me play my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me play my games: When igned into my account I try to launch a game or go to the microsoft store it says network problem(0x80832003) but the network is fine can launch YouTube ect. When I sign into my son's account...