Xbox One won't play certain Blu Ray Discs (Die Hard, atleast)

Discus and support Xbox One won't play certain Blu Ray Discs (Die Hard, atleast) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently purchased the Die Hard collection on amazon. Got it today, and it won't play on my Xbox One. I put the disc into the drive, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cousin Vinnie99, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Xbox One won't play certain Blu Ray Discs (Die Hard, atleast)

Hello all,

I recently purchased the Die Hard collection on amazon. Got it today, and it won't play on my Xbox One. I put the disc into the drive, and it spins over and over. According to the Xbox, there is no disc. I've tried a few things, including the hard restart
    (Holding power button until system shuts down completely, then starting it back up), no luck. Figured it might just be the disc, so I tried Die Hard 2. Still no luck. I then tried a few other blu rays I had, and they worked fine. I tried Die Hard on my computer,
    and it worked fine. What's up with this?

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance!

:)

Cousin Vinnie99, Jan 17, 2014
  2. kenechi
    kenechi Guest
    Just got an Xbox One. Have some questions!

This was put in place this gen for X1 & PS4 mainly to prevent piracy. As its already hard enough to pirate Blu-Ray disc. the added security of installing and playing from the HDD would prevent even the most die-hard piratees to no even bother. Halo: MCC takes up 60GB when the max blu-ray disc is 50GB. why bother

kenechi, Jan 17, 2014
  3. GrammarCub
    GrammarCub Guest
    Blu-Ray Player will not play discs, crashes console

My Blu-Ray Player refuses to play DVDs or Blu-Rays. It crashes to black and disables the console. Have already tried:

- uninstalling the Blu-Ray Player app

- performing a hard reboot

- reinstalling the Blu-Ray Player app

- making sure I am in "Energy Saving" mode

- multiple discs

Xbox One, console OS version: 10.0.16299.5101 (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1802.180131-1450)

GrammarCub, Jan 17, 2014
  4. Xbox One won't play certain Blu Ray Discs (Die Hard, atleast)

It is possible that the Die Hard collection may not play on the xbox one because of the java script on the disc. I know that with my stand alone player I have to periodically update the firmware for newer discs to play. Microsoft may need to send out an
    update for the blu-ray player app.

Spike68-11F12E56-F84E-4CF0-A409-79EE0294994A, Jan 17, 2014
  5. Might be the case. Thanks for the quick response!

Cousin Vinnie99, Jan 17, 2014
  6. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    I know some Blu Ray discs come with warnings that some players may not be compatible with the movie. You'd think they would have fixed this technology by now!

CMUchippewa, Jan 21, 2014
  7. That Is Why You Have To Update Firmware.

Spike68-11F12E56-F84E-4CF0-A409-79EE0294994A, Jan 29, 2014
  8. jcam3sd
    jcam3sd Guest

Im having the same problem.

I got the ufc best of from 2008 to 2013 & ultimate ufc collections (Royce, Rampage & Hughes)

& for some reason i cant play the ultimate Matt Hughes bluray disc 1

I already try to reset & turn off the BD live but still doesnt work.

Please help

jcam3sd, Jul 3, 2014
  9. pete8475
    pete8475 Guest
    The Die Hard collection blu-ray pack came out in 2007.

Somehow I don't think a blu-ray player released in 2013 (Nov 2013 for Xbone!!!) will be incompatible with such an old title.

Anyhow to test this I just popped the first movie in my Xbone and it plays. It sounds like you have a machine with a defective drive.

Yippie kay yay!

pete8475, Oct 31, 2018
  10. CMUchippewa Win User

I know some Blu Ray discs come with warnings that some players may not be compatible with the movie. You'd think they would have fixed this technology by now!
  11. Cousin Vinnie99 Win User

Might be the case. Thanks for the quick response!
  12. jcam3sd Win User

Im having the same problem.

I got the ufc best of from 2008 to 2013 & ultimate ufc collections (Royce, Rampage & Hughes)

& for some reason i cant play the ultimate Matt Hughes bluray disc 1

I already try to reset & turn off the BD live but still doesnt work.

Please help
  13. Spike68-11F12E56-F84 Win User

That Is Why You Have To Update Firmware.
  14. pete8475 Win User

The Die Hard collection blu-ray pack came out in 2007.

Somehow I don't think a blu-ray player released in 2013 (Nov 2013 for Xbone!!!) will be incompatible with such an old title.

Anyhow to test this I just popped the first movie in my Xbone and it plays. It sounds like you have a machine with a defective drive.

Yippie kay yay!
Thema:

1. Xbox One won't play certain Blu Ray Discs (Die Hard, atleast) - Similar Threads - won't play certain

2. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  3. Why won't my Xbox play certain discs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox play certain discs?: I have an Xbox One X (not series) and I've used discs for awhile now, however recently, my Xbox has decided it doesn't want to run particular discs. The discs in question are: Call Of Duty: Black...
  4. When ever I try to play my Xbox after a certain time it won't let me. I tried to find the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When ever I try to play my Xbox after a certain time it won't let me. I tried to find the...: When ever I try to play my Xbox after a certain time it won't let me. I tried to find the problem and this popped up. Can someone tell what the problem is? 6af5efce-0a51-48ce-a91a-972ce3b8ceb7
  5. Xbox Series X won't play certain Blu-Ray Discs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't play certain Blu-Ray Discs.: So I just got this Cowboy Bebop Collector's Edition which features the entire series on both DVD & Blu-Ray, and also the full soundtrack on CD. And even though all CDs & DVDs work fine, and other...
  6. Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play: I've been having trouble with certain blu rays for a while now and it's really starting to annoy me, as I bought the Xbox specifically to play 4k blu rays and it's much quieter than the PS4 for...
  7. Certain Disc Won't Play - Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain Disc Won't Play - Xbox 360: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is the only disc that won't play on my Xbox 360. It doesn't even have scratches on it that would cause it to not work. I clean it off and restart my Xbox but the same...
  8. My Xbox x won't play a certain game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox x won't play a certain game: I run the same game that I've always run since the last 3 yrs nvr had a issue just last night try running it and it wont load in it would run the beginning scene but loading in it would crash I...
  9. Certain downloaded games won't allow me to play them anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain downloaded games won't allow me to play them anymore: Got this email back in July related to my problem: "This is from Xbox Support, are you still getting the same issue on your games with gold - 1. Hand of Fate2. Pneuma: Breath of Life3....
  10. Xbox one s won't play certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s won't play certain games: Have had my 2tb Xbox one s since the first day it was released (pretty ordered directly from Microsoft) over the months ihave found that. 1. It won't play some DVDs 2. It won't play certain...