Xbox One won't display full Green box

Discus and support Xbox One won't display full Green box in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have gone through numerous amounts of support people, and none of them had any idea how to fix it. I have tried different HDMI cables, different... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MySkillYourRage, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Xbox One won't display full Green box

I have gone through numerous amounts of support people, and none of them had any idea how to fix it. I have tried different HDMI cables, different Tv's, and have turned on the console while holding the power and eject button(makes console run at lowest resolution).
    But as soon as I change the resolution on the console to 720p or 1080p it goes back to cutting off the green box. Does anyone have an idea when Microsoft will release an update to address this or is there some way to fix it? Oh also Even in the display settings
    it says "If you still can't get the green lines to show, just make sure the blue lines are visable."
    As if they rushed to get the xbox one out and did not bother fixing the resolution problem...

:)

MySkillYourRage, Jan 22, 2014
  2. Duffmyster
    Duffmyster Guest
    Xbox One-X Fail

Has anyone else run into the problem where their xbox one X will give all green check boxes when they auto detect display settings, but it still will not display in 4K? Extremely disappointed in the $500 upgrade for this resolution that doesn’t actually
    work.

Duffmyster, Jan 22, 2014
  3. WillSmithVXR
    WillSmithVXR Guest
    You put in a screen size calibration page but didn't put in anyway to move it.

On my Sony TV the "Display Area" needed setting to "AUTO" to get the green lines on the edge of the screen

The manual setting to achieve the same result is "Display Area - "FULL PIXEL", this is the setting I use for Blu-Ray and Xbox One.

WillSmithVXR, Jan 22, 2014
  4. Tommy Hoss
    Tommy Hoss Guest

Can you take a pic of what's going on?

Tommy Hoss, Jan 22, 2014
  5. ZombieDeano
    ZombieDeano Guest
    Have you tried different picture size settings on the TV? I have a Samsung LCD and only the 'screen fit' setting displays the full image through HDMI (the green lines around the edge of the screen in the calibrate HDTV menu). Any other setting crops the
    image, including 16:9 setting, which you would think would be the correct setting to use. Other TVs have similar settings and are often set to the wrong display setting by default (usually 16:9 or 'auto').

Worth a try. Hope this helps.

ZombieDeano, Jan 22, 2014
  6. pd730
    pd730 Guest
    Not sure why this is in the Games forum as there is a whole other thread over in the Console & Accessories forum

forums.xbox.com/.../1628612.aspx
    . If your TV can't adjust the size of the HDMI picture, then you're out of luck (for instance my Panny has Size 1 and Size 2). The other option is find the commands to get into the service menu and change the settings there,
    but be careful doing that. Hopefully MS will patch this soon for all of you with this issue.

pd730, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Tommy Hoss Win User

Can you take a pic of what's going on?
  8. pd730 Win User

Not sure why this is in the Games forum as there is a whole other thread over in the Console & Accessories forum

forums.xbox.com/.../1628612.aspx
    . If your TV can't adjust the size of the HDMI picture, then you're out of luck (for instance my Panny has Size 1 and Size 2). The other option is find the commands to get into the service menu and change the settings there,
    but be careful doing that. Hopefully MS will patch this soon for all of you with this issue.
  9. ZombieDeano Win User

Have you tried different picture size settings on the TV? I have a Samsung LCD and only the 'screen fit' setting displays the full image through HDMI (the green lines around the edge of the screen in the calibrate HDTV menu). Any other setting crops the
    image, including 16:9 setting, which you would think would be the correct setting to use. Other TVs have similar settings and are often set to the wrong display setting by default (usually 16:9 or 'auto').

Worth a try. Hope this helps.
  10. WillSmithVXR Win User

You put in a screen size calibration page but didn't put in anyway to move it.

On my Sony TV the "Display Area" needed setting to "AUTO" to get the green lines on the edge of the screen

The manual setting to achieve the same result is "Display Area - "FULL PIXEL", this is the setting I use for Blu-Ray and Xbox One.
  11. [Farscape] Win User

HDMI to Displayport converter for monitor

that wont give you the full hz, it will just mean your outputting a signal from hdmi to display port, the xbox won't see the features of the display port you are connecting to therefore won't allow the settings to be changed for that.
Thema:

1. Xbox One won't display full Green box - Similar Threads - won't display full

2. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1
  3. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  4. Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't restore display setting just stays blank screen: My Xbox series x stays blank screen I have tried the power down and power up holding eject and power for 20 seconds but the screen just stays black 30623de8-8b64-43e1-bd84-53ae15ad964e
  5. My xbox series X I just got won't display a signal.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X I just got won't display a signal.: I've tried power cycling, using different cables, TVs, nothing. Everytime I try to boot it into low power mode it turns itself off. 8f082a15-f652-4ae6-a995-8e76ee9a4438
  6. Latest update made it so my xbox won't display anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update made it so my xbox won't display anymore: I got the latest insider update for my console, and now it won't display anything to the tv. My controller can't connect to it either. It turns on with the light, but isn't able to do anything....
  7. Series s won't display anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s won't display anymore: I've tried booting it in low Res mode but when I let go of the button after the second chime, the system just turns off. What is the issue here?? a1e61577-82c4-4c0b-b5a2-3ba35fdb458a
  8. Turnt on HDMI CEC, wanted a restart now won't display anything and turns off after 1 minute

in XboX Insiders
    Turnt on HDMI CEC, wanted a restart now won't display anything and turns off after 1 minute: Hi everyone. I hope this is okay to post here. I have this issue which basically says in all from the title. I've searched the web but for whatever reason I can't find the same thing happening....
  9. I just bought a new Vizio tv and for some reason my Xbox one x won't display on my TV even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a new Vizio tv and for some reason my Xbox one x won't display on my TV even...: It's a 4k ultra hdr tv as well and it's also a v series aa993d8a-03f1-4983-afd1-b202bb0884fa
  10. Xbox is unresponsive to any inputs once turned on, and it won't display on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is unresponsive to any inputs once turned on, and it won't display on tv: I had turned on my xbox one s this morning only to be met by a black screen. I made sure the tv was on and it was. I did the normal thing to do, and power cycled my console. Once I turned it back...