Xbox One Wirless Controller not turning on (except via USB)

Discus and support Xbox One Wirless Controller not turning on (except via USB) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi.. So I've been using the Xbox one wireless controller to play my games on PC (Win10) wirelessly without any issue for a couple of years now. Every... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NaserAl Sheikh, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Xbox One Wirless Controller not turning on (except via USB)

Hi..

So I've been using the Xbox one wireless controller to play my games on PC (Win10) wirelessly without any issue for a couple of years now. Every time the light starts blinking on the "X" button, I change the batteries and continue playing normally.

However; today I replaced the batteries yet the controller wouldn't turn on. I tried changing them and using different batteries, same issue. When I connect via USB the controller works fine. It is only when I disconnect it that it refuses to work.

Keep in mind I've read some threads, and ensured both the controller and driver on PC are up to date.

Appreciate your kind assistance.

Naser.

:)

NaserAl Sheikh, Apr 19, 2020
  2. dale uk Win User

Microsoft PLEASE add in an option to customise when your controller times out!

yes use a wired controller or buy a play and charge. comes with a very long usb cable, and turns any wirless controller in to a wired
  3. HyperVenom523 Win User

Xbox One X will Not turn on with the controller and controller will not turn off by itself after Xbox One X is turned off

Do a power reset on the xbox

Plug the controller via usb

Turn the console on using the controller

Fixed...
  4. Wellington do Nascim Win User

Xbox One Controller light blinking non-stop, can't sync, after unsuccessful update

When I connect the controller via USB should it be powered off or should it turn on automatically as I plug it? Because the last one's happening and when I do the "hold down the controller's Xbox and menu buttons for
    5-10 seconds" it doesn't do anything.

As I plug the USB the controller turns on already blinking.
  5. Nicola Baldasso Win User

Controle

Yes, the controller was connected to the console via USB, but now when I try to connect the controller via USB, it doesn't turn on, it doesn't even light up
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox series controller turns on XBOX automatically after I disconnect from PC USB

good work around but i am still surprised the controller is not turning off when holding the xbox button, as all my controller do and they are a mix of xbox one controllers and series controllers. regardless if connected via wireless or usb to the pc.
Thema:

Xbox One Wirless Controller not turning on (except via USB)

1. Xbox One Wirless Controller not turning on (except via USB) - Similar Threads - Wirless Controller turning

2. Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...: I experience frequent controller disconnects with the following set up: - Xbox Wireless Controller - Xbox One Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Full charge) - Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows...
  3. my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?: my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do? 76e8cdf4-62ad-445c-b601-011e8731c856
  4. Xbox Wirless Headsez turns off , dont connect anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wirless Headsez turns off , dont connect anymore: Hello My XBoix wirless headset is a ferw month old . It all worked very badly on windows , but i got my mic working even there . SInce today the headset is not even connecting and turning...
  5. My XBox Controller doesn't connect to the XBox (Fat 2013) thru wirless, only cable.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XBox Controller doesn't connect to the XBox (Fat 2013) thru wirless, only cable.: My XBox Controller doesn't connect to the XBox (Fat 2013) thru wirless, only cable. I've alredy tried to connect the Windows XBox pen to the console USB, make a complete factory reset to the...
  6. Xbox headset wirless

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset wirless: Hi, I have an issue with my wireless headset on PC Dolby Atmos is not working i tried with the USB-C it works for a while and when I moved to Windows 11 I had the same problem again. So for...
  7. Xboxx wirless controler not rebinding

in XBoX on Windows
    Xboxx wirless controler not rebinding: I have a proble to do with my xbox controler for windows10 that it doesn't rebind, every time I press the xBox button it's starts blinking but when I stop pressing it stops, the controller isn't...
  8. Wirless chat only headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wirless chat only headsets: Will there ever be a chat only wireless headset. I do not want or need a bulky heavy stereo wireless gaming headset, when I have 7.1 surround sound to hear my game. I am quite tired of buying $8 -...
  9. wirless controller not turn on ont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    wirless controller not turn on ont work: Hi I have a problem with wireless controller The problem is that it stops working and does not work even when you connect it with the xbox to the usb port What the solution is known as original...
  10. wirless storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    wirless storage device: Hi there I'm looking at changing my external hard drive for my Xbox one x my question is. Is there any support for wireless hard drive connection with the Xbox one x I'm referring to game storage...