Xbox One Wireless Controller Not Downloading Drivers On Windows 7

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless Controller Not Downloading Drivers On Windows 7 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Xbox One, which came with one of the new wireless controllers (with the 3.5 mm headphone jack). I have updated the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AM27, Dec 27, 2015.

1. AM27
    AM27 Guest

I recently purchased a new Xbox One, which came with one of the new wireless controllers (with the 3.5 mm headphone jack). I have updated the controller to the latest firmware using my Xbox One console. I am trying to use it on my Windows 7 PC, but I could
    not find the drivers either automatically or manually through the Device Manager. However, the installation of drivers worked with my Windows 10 PC. Has anyone else encountered this issue/have any idea how to fix it?

:)

2. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Xbox One Controller Not Working On Windows 7 Pro

Hey there!

Check out the steps over on this page to
    Connect Xbox Wireless Controller to Windows 7 PC
    . If you're unable to manually update the drivers, there is also a link in that troubleshooter to manually download the drivers.

Mister Maka, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Xbox one wireless adapter for windows 7

I'm having the same issue on Windows 7 Ultimate. I uninstalled and re-installed the drivers twice already. The controller is detected on the test page under Devices and Printers>Game Controller Settings but not in-game unless I use a direct wired connection.
    On Windows 10 Pro, however, I don't have any issues with the wireless adapter. I spent a lot of money on these controllers and I am already thinking about returning them, because I have had a lot of hassles on Windows 7(with the drivers not downloading after
    hours of searching and not working when it finally did download the drivers).

ScarletEwe6541, Dec 27, 2015
  4. drschmidt85
    drschmidt85 Guest

You can find the driver manually here:
    catalog.update.microsoft.com/.../search.aspx

Download the Wireless Adapter driver, Generic Controller - Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows driver. The 1.8mb archive is for 64bit (the file itself is labelled AMD64) and the 1.7mb archive is for 32bit. Extract the driver from the cab file to a folder
    and then manually try to update it within Device Manager.

Go to Device Manager and insert your Xbox Wireless Adapter, find it under Network Adapters. Right click it and select update driver software. Point it to the folder where you extracted the Wireless Adapter driver.

This fixed it for me and it's working great. The vibration feature works too, best of all no bluescreens. Really do hope I've helped rather than just taking up space.

drschmidt85, Jan 1, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: