Xbox One Wireless Controller causes computer to crash after game exit

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless Controller causes computer to crash after game exit in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone I've noticed that after exiting a PC game, and turning off my Xbox One wireless controller, my computer more often than not crashes. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jmochnick, Mar 21, 2016.

1. jmochnick
    jmochnick Guest

Hey everyone

I've noticed that after exiting a PC game, and turning off my Xbox One wireless controller, my computer more often than not crashes. It doesn't get a BSOD or anything, but the mouse moves VERY chopped, along with a very loud beep (sounds more like 'boop'..
    lol) each time the cursor moves.

The only way I've been able to get rid of this problem is to do a hard shut down by holding the power button down. I try to not do this cause it's not the ideal way to shut down a computer, but if I just simply press the power key, it will say Shutting down
    and never actually will. I think it's quite safe to say it is a driver issue, but since the controller is entirely plug & play there isn't much I know to do to troubleshoot it.

This problem is really frustrating because I run a Plex server and every time I want to play a game, I exit it and have to disconnect anyone from using my Plex. I also would simply like to not have to shut down my computer all the way down every time I'm
    finished with a game.

I've seen this issue mentioned online a few times but with no real solution. Others weren't sure what exactly is causing this issue but I've been able to basically recreate it at will. Hopefully you guys can help! Xbox One Wireless Controller causes computer to crash after game exit :)

Thanks!

:)

jmochnick, Mar 21, 2016
  2. nukerlive
    nukerlive Guest
    When playing via wireless adapter after short time the game slows down

Playing with the Xbox One Controller via Win 10 Wireless Adapter causes Games to slow down after some time. When connected via USB cable this doesn't happen.

nukerlive, Mar 21, 2016
  3. XBOX one controller can't find my computer

I'm using "xbox one S controller" with "wireless adapter" on Windows 10. I usually don't plug out wireless adapter and turn off controller manually.

But every time I reboot my computer, controller don't connect with computer automatically. ( After I turn on the controller, X button on controller is blinking continuously.)

Oddly if I plug out and plug in wireless adapter again, connection is established.

I don't want to do this troublesome process every time I play the game.

FYI I already update my controller setting up-to-date.

Anybody can give me an advice?

ShinyGnat495205, Mar 21, 2016
  4. Xbox One Wireless Controller causes computer to crash after game exit

I'm having the EXACT same issue, xbox support please fix this ASAP !

Kumail Sheikh, Mar 23, 2016
  5. I get this same issue, but not when exiting a game. It happens when the controller experiences any kind of connection loss with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows.

When that happens, controller input stop entirely and it won't reconnect. Eventually my mouse gets choppy and then the boop boop noises start. My only solution is a full hard power button reboot.

This needs to get fixed!

TrackZ-3CD7D5E2-E15D-4344-A394-0AFADEB5111E, Mar 23, 2016
  6. jmochnick
    jmochnick Guest
    TrackZ, that's probably my exact same case. The only time I turn off my controller / lose connection is when I exit a game, so it would make sense. Any connection loss causes the choppy mouse and loud boop noises.

jmochnick, Mar 23, 2016
  7. qzmarco
    qzmarco Guest
    I'm having the EXACT same issue [2], xbox support please fix this ASAP !

qzmarco, Mar 23, 2016
  8. Zyndo
    Zyndo Guest

Bump.

I'm having an identical issue. I've recently bought a new computer so I can play better games at higher graphics (my old one was getting a bit older) This exact issue happens on both computers, so its unlikely anything PC related. After use when i disconnect
    the controller, my mouse freaks out and refuses to accept any more input (followed by a beep boop dance party). My keyboard remains unaffected. Disconnecting and reconnecting the mouse does nothing. reconnecting the controller doesn't appear to do anything.
    I've just decided to keep one of my controllers connected to the PC full time via USB... but that doesn't feel like a good long term solution.

as was mentioned in an earlier post, once this happens the only way out of it is to force a manual shutdown (so far as i can tell). asking windows to do a shutdown results in the "shutting down" screen. and it sits there (for at least 8 hours by my watch)
    without being able to shut down (a process that takes no longer than 10 seconds normally) On my new PC i have only a few games and stuff installed, other than that its a fresh install of windows 10 with all applicable drivers for windows and my PC parts up
    to date.

Anyone have an answer?

Zyndo, Apr 6, 2016
  9. Moutopher
    Moutopher Guest
    I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE!!!

When my controller turns off it causes this exact this to happen!

This bug seems to have appeared after the March 1 KB3140743 and KB3139907 updates for Windows 10 Ver 1511.

Uninstalling the KB3140743 update would temporarily help get rid of the bug but Microsoft better solve the problem soon because hey... it's embarrassing for them.

Found the suggestion here:

www.reddit.com/.../psa_unplugging_a_xbox_one_controller_in_windows

Moutopher, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Zyndo Win User

Bump.

I'm having an identical issue. I've recently bought a new computer so I can play better games at higher graphics (my old one was getting a bit older) This exact issue happens on both computers, so its unlikely anything PC related. After use when i disconnect
    the controller, my mouse freaks out and refuses to accept any more input (followed by a beep boop dance party). My keyboard remains unaffected. Disconnecting and reconnecting the mouse does nothing. reconnecting the controller doesn't appear to do anything.
    I've just decided to keep one of my controllers connected to the PC full time via USB... but that doesn't feel like a good long term solution.

as was mentioned in an earlier post, once this happens the only way out of it is to force a manual shutdown (so far as i can tell). asking windows to do a shutdown results in the "shutting down" screen. and it sits there (for at least 8 hours by my watch)
    without being able to shut down (a process that takes no longer than 10 seconds normally) On my new PC i have only a few games and stuff installed, other than that its a fresh install of windows 10 with all applicable drivers for windows and my PC parts up
    to date.

Anyone have an answer?
  11. qzmarco Win User

I'm having the EXACT same issue [2], xbox support please fix this ASAP !
  12. Kumail Sheikh Win User

I'm having the EXACT same issue, xbox support please fix this ASAP !
  13. Moutopher Win User

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE!!!

When my controller turns off it causes this exact this to happen!

This bug seems to have appeared after the March 1 KB3140743 and KB3139907 updates for Windows 10 Ver 1511.

Uninstalling the KB3140743 update would temporarily help get rid of the bug but Microsoft better solve the problem soon because hey... it's embarrassing for them.

Found the suggestion here:

www.reddit.com/.../psa_unplugging_a_xbox_one_controller_in_windows
  14. jmochnick Win User

TrackZ, that's probably my exact same case. The only time I turn off my controller / lose connection is when I exit a game, so it would make sense. Any connection loss causes the choppy mouse and loud boop noises.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Wireless Controller causes computer to crash after game exit - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller causes

2. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  3. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  4. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  6. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  7. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...
  8. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  10. Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...: I just bought a new standard wireless controller and it’s causing my game to lag in certain areas/points. I mainly use a wired elite controller and I never have issues with it. I was hoping to...