Xbox One wireless controller cannot connect after windows Update (Windows 11)

Discus and support Xbox One wireless controller cannot connect after windows Update (Windows 11) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am using a wireless Xbox One controller with the Xbox Bluetooth Adapter on my PC. It worked flawlessly for years until 3 days ago when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dean Ni, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Dean Ni
    Dean Ni Guest

Hello,

I am using a wireless Xbox One controller with the Xbox Bluetooth Adapter on my PC. It worked flawlessly for years until 3 days ago when I updated Windows 11 to Build 22000.613.

Now the controller wont pair with the Bluetooth adapter anymore. When in pairing Mode, the Controller light keeps flashing fast until the controller turns off.

Here is what I tried to troubleshoot so far:

• checked windows updates --> up to date
    • checked USB drivers --> up to date
    • checked Xbox Bluetooth adapter driver --> up to date
    • tried to pair via USB cable --> controller vibrates and turns on, but no connection to PC
    • tried to pair to my Windows 10 Laptop with the Xbox wireless adapter--> Connected without a Problem
    • Updated Controller driver with the Xbox Accessories App on Laptop --> still not connecting to Windows 11 PC after update
    I turned both the PC and Controller on and off multiple times during the process. The outcome stayed the same.

All drivers are up to date, both the controller and wireless adapter work on all devices but the Windows 11 PC.

I am out of ideas at this point.

What else could i try to fix the Problem?

Kind regards,

Dean

:)

Dean Ni, Apr 17, 2022
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

I am trying to update my Xbox controller but whenever I try to update it the controller turns off

Hello OliverHollerung.
    My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today.
    I suggest you test by trying to update your controller using Windows 10 or Windows 11.

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:
    If you don't already have the app installed, get it in the Store:
    Microsoft Store
    Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Dean, by your description the new update may have affected something related to bluetooth adapter drivers, in cases like this as update is recent, the ideal is to check for updates to Bluetooth device and wait for a fix in system update.
  4. XA JJKILLERs Win User

xbox one wireless controller not working on my pc with csr bluetooth 4.0

xbox wireless controller shows connecting then it show after few seconds that unable to connect check pin... pls help

i have windows 10 1809 version latest

all driver updated
    Connecting more than 1 controller to your device with Bluetooth may be possible, but performance can vary depending on your PC.

Requires Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth. See Windows
    Update: FAQ
    to learn how to get the latest Windows update.

For best performance, update your controller. See How to update your
    Xbox One Controller on Windows 10
  5. RafaelMouraB-DB3E4E3 Win User

Xbox One Controller to Windows 7 Connectivity issue

Are your Windows 7 Updated?

See that https://support.xbox.com/en-Us/xbox...roller-to-pc#5eaad24ecfa0476da13c8e12d375312b

Connect a controller to a Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC

When you connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC with a micro-USB cable, Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for the controller. If Windows is not set to automatically download device software, you
    can check for updates through Device Manager.

Update drivers through Device Manager

Here’s how to check for updates manually in the Device Manager:

1. Point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then select Search.
    2. Enter Device Manager in the search box, and then select Device Manager.

Note Windows may ask you for an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
    3. Locate and expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
    4. Right-click the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and select Update Driver Software.
    5. Select Search Automatically for Updated Software.
    With Xbox Wireless or USB connections, you can connect 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers at the same time. You won’t get audio through the controller so there’s no need to connect a headset. Bluetooth connections are not supported.

Notes

• If the controller doesn't respond, try a different micro-USB cable.
    • To use your Xbox Wireless Controller with your console after using it with a PC, you must re-sync the controller to the console. You can do this by using the wireless sync button or a USB cable. For details, see Connect
      a wireless Xbox One controller to your console
    • This information applies only to Xbox One Wireless Controllers. For help with other gamepads or joysticks or for information on configuring a specific game so that you can play it with a controller, refer to the manufacturer’s website.

Related Issues
    I’m having trouble connecting my controller

Get to know your Xbox Wireless Controller

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc

Hello my name is zahir a independent advisor.

Is the controller software up to date?

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

Microsoft Store

Open the Xbox Accessories app.

Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.

Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

If it still does the same. Please download controller tester and check for stick drift.

Regards
    Zahir
Thema:

1. Xbox One wireless controller cannot connect after windows Update (Windows 11) - Similar Threads - wireless controller cannot

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  5. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  8. cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc: bought a wireless jaguar xbox one, rockband 4 guitar. im trying to use it for fortnite but it wont connect to my pc. ive updated the driver on the guitar so it can work but it doesnt. i bought a...
  9. My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all: I have fully charged batteries and have hard reset my controller and Xbox I also tried it with a different Xbox and it did not work a8ec90cf-7511-4aaf-a7c3-ad48c8068c18
  10. Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get Xbox wireless controller to pair using the USB dongle: I recently replaced the mainboard on my controller due to stick drift. Now, I can't get the stupid thing to reconnect to my computer. The USB dongle's light is currently solid white (never mind,...