Xbox One Wireless Adapter does not play nicely with Steam Big Picture

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless Adapter does not play nicely with Steam Big Picture in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 and Steam. Wired Xbox One controllers work great with Steam as anyone would tell you. Now the new wireless adapter allows us to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Motor Mortis, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Motor Mortis
    Motor Mortis Guest

Running Windows 10 and Steam.

Wired Xbox One controllers work great with Steam as anyone would tell you. Now the new wireless adapter allows us to play with our controllers wirelessly. However the wireless adapter does not have full functionality with Steam. You cannot open up the steam
    overlay by pressing the xbox home button on the controller. If you plug in your controller the issue immediately resolves itself. This is pretty disappointing as I thought buying the wireless adapter would make my life a little easier not having cords around.
    However not being able to bring up steam overlay is unacceptable to me. I would much rather run wired again and have everything work smoothly in Steam Big Picture Mode rather than deal with half support of the wireless adapter. Hopefully Microsoft and Valve
    engineers can get together and fix this. Xbox One controllers are still king on PC and Steam is still the game platform king on PC.

:)

Motor Mortis, Jan 2, 2016
  2. Home button is not working

Yes on the PC. In steam does not work in the mode of Big Picture. For drivers xb1usb.11059.0.140526x64.msi Home button works, but it does not work cross

JokeSTeRgamer, Jan 2, 2016
  3. XBOX wireless + Windows USB connector controller not working in games

I had windows 10, and the controller worked well , it was like plug and play, but after i changed it to windows, the controller does not work in the game but I can still press the XBOX button to call out the Steam menu. and the controller worked in the Steam
    big picture mode too, but not in the games.

HorribleMoss860, Jan 2, 2016
  4. kbrinkman
    kbrinkman Guest

Open the XBOX app in Windows 10

Click on the Settings Cog

Click on the Game DVR tab

Switch Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR to the Off position

kbrinkman, Jan 4, 2016
  5. cy43rguru
    cy43rguru Guest
    If it is a setting problem then yes, change the xbox app settings or alternatively press Win+G on any game and change the settings for the Xbox Gamebar to not leverage the Guide button.

The fact that it works over wired, leads me to guess you potentially have a hybrid mix of old(windows 8)/new (windows 10) stack which is not supported on Windows 10.

cy43rguru, Oct 31, 2018
  6. kbrinkman Win User

Open the XBOX app in Windows 10

Click on the Settings Cog

Click on the Game DVR tab

Switch Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR to the Off position
  7. cy43rguru Win User

If it is a setting problem then yes, change the xbox app settings or alternatively press Win+G on any game and change the settings for the Xbox Gamebar to not leverage the Guide button.

The fact that it works over wired, leads me to guess you potentially have a hybrid mix of old(windows 8)/new (windows 10) stack which is not supported on Windows 10.
  8. JokeSTeRgamer Win User

Home button is not working

Yes on the PC. In steam does not work in the mode of Big Picture. For drivers xb1usb.11059.0.140526x64.msi Home button works, but it does not work cross
  9. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Cannot connect Xbox Series controller to Windows 10 wirelessly

Hi! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please, let's first check that you have the proper Xbox wireless adapter, check that it's the one in the picture the one you have please

When you try to pair the device trough the wireless adapter you need to press the sync button at the end of the wireless adapter and then the one on the controller both must blink, does this happens?

[​IMG]
  10. Skyle777 Win User

2nd Xbox one controller with wireless adapter

I'm having the exact same problem and can't find an answer anywhere: two Xbox one controllers all synced up to the wireless adapter, devoted by the PC and steam, even vibrates when tested on steam, but the second controller does absolutely nothing.

My motherboard is an Asus PRO GAMING Z170I Mini ITX
Thema:

1. Xbox One Wireless Adapter does not play nicely with Steam Big Picture - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter does

2. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  3. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  4. xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one: I'm asking this because my Xbox controller randomly disconnects after 1-5 minutes of gaming (I tried using several controllers ( bought a new one and borrowed form my brother and this still...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working: Hello, I have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 which has been working for a few years then suddenly stopped working a few months ago. I have tried several things to fix it but nothing...
  6. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  7. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  8. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817
  9. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 97179966-61f9-4f9a-9fc7-c9977172de08
  10. my wireless adapter does not work does anyone know how to fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    my wireless adapter does not work does anyone know how to fix it?: i got a new controller with a adapter so i tried the adapter and it didn't work please help i spend a 100 dollars on my controller and i can't even play on my pc...