Xbox One will only beep (make the initial turn on noise) - but doesn't turn on

Discus and support Xbox One will only beep (make the initial turn on noise) - but doesn't turn on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; And I've tried unplugging it altogether, disconnecting it from the power brick (which has a steady orange light), as well as pressing the eject button... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TimO_SRQ, Jul 15, 2020.

1. TimO_SRQ
    TimO_SRQ Guest

And I've tried unplugging it altogether, disconnecting it from the power brick (which has a steady orange light), as well as pressing the eject button repeatedly (with & without pressing the center button on the controller). Also, every once in a while
    it will make the "power off" noise when I press either the power button or the eject button (but no action/reaction other than that - the light under the power button never even flickers).

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Tim

:)

TimO_SRQ, Jul 15, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Josué Cedillo Gáme Win User

I have the same problem for a few days, this started a day after the power went out in my house. :(
  3. TimO_SRQ Win User

I already covered this trouble-shooting step in my original question (having seen this help topic/page before I posted my question here)- I explained that I had tried turning off the unit, disconnecting it from the power brick, etc., (what I'm looking
    for is helpful input/suggestions for steps I haven't already tried).
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hello TimQ_SRQ,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One now powering on. To troubleshoot this, please check out this article:

Troubleshoot Power Supply

I hope this helps.
  5. - AJ - Win User

Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

Hi, Yanko! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

• Do you have any external devices plugged into your console's USB ports?

• Is your power supply plugged directly into one of the wall's outlets? if it's not, could you try switching to one?

If it's already plugged into one of the wall's outlets and your console still won't turn on, would you mind giving this a try?

- Unplug your power supply unit from both the console and the outlet for 5 - 10 minutes.
    - Plug the power supply back into the outlet only.
    - Take note of your power supply's LED indicator's color and behavior.
    - Plug your power supply back into the console.
    - Check the power supply's LED indicator again to see if there have been any changes.

Please let me know what you see when you do this, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  6. XxM3nac3xX95 Win User

My Xbox S Wont turn on!!!

I did everything and it still doesn't work occasionally it will make the beep noise then turn off or it wont power on at all,
Thema:

1. Xbox One will only beep (make the initial turn on noise) - but doesn't turn on - Similar Threads - beep initial turn

2. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  3. My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...: I have an xbox one s and the batteries work i even tried to put new batteries which still didn't work. When i take the batteries out and plug the cable in it still makes that long beeping sound....
  4. Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge: I have a wireless headset and when I go on microsoft Edge to watch something I hear a beep noise. This noise seems to be completely random sometimes happening 3-4 times in a short span or i...
  5. Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't turn on but makes faint turn on beep noise: My Xbox One wouldn't turn on however it would make a very quiet 'beep' turn on sound when I would try to switch it on however the xbox symbol would not light up. Recently however it doesn't even...
  6. Xbox series s beeps then off instantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s beeps then off instantly: Xbox series s beeps then off instantly 2a6d6c32-35ee-43a9-b83c-b5169665b3a3
  7. Loud BEEP when i play back audio from my controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Loud BEEP when i play back audio from my controller.: I have a first party xbox 360 controller with a new oem headset but i hear a beep when i try to record a voice message. anyone help 360dbff5-57ad-4577-8ce8-5a99352562ac
  8. My xbox sieres s is beeping, taking a long time to connect to my hard drives, and controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox sieres s is beeping, taking a long time to connect to my hard drives, and controller.: So, I went over to my girlfriends for the weekend and took my xbox with me. When i plugged it in the thing beeped once and a while. Found a thread that said clear the MAC address. So I did. Now...
  9. Xbox makes high pitch beeps from power bit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox makes high pitch beeps from power bit: My Xbox makes a high pitch beeping noise from the main power bit when I plug the cable in, I recently spilt water on my Xbox but not that much damage I don’t think. I don’t know how to fix...
  10. Why is my Xbox turning on then off after 3 beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox turning on then off after 3 beeps: I have an xbox one s. I once plugged it in and started to use it as usual then it suddenly turned off. When i try to turn it on,the fan comes on but not at its normal speed,it makes three beeping...