Xbox One will not recognize Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible and worked prior...

Discus and support Xbox One will not recognize Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible and worked prior... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After I had an update on my Xbox One, I now cannot play any Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible. They worked fine before the update. Now I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StevenKarmas, Jan 4, 2022.

1. StevenKarmas
    StevenKarmas Guest

Xbox One will not recognize Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible and worked prior...

After I had an update on my Xbox One, I now cannot play any Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible. They worked fine before the update. Now I just get a message saying my disc may be scratched and it cannot read it. I've tried everything from the Help? Any suggestions? All of my Xbox One games work fine, it is only the Xbox 360 games. And yes I did triple check they are compatible. Most I already played for a year or more.

:)

StevenKarmas, Jan 4, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

What games will play on an xbox one S?

3. Smwutches Win User

Compatibility

That game in particular is not backwards compatible, so it wouldn't work. You can view what games are backwards compatible on the 360 here and compatible games with the One here
  4. FamedEvening569 Win User

What games will play on an xbox one S?

5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Code redemption issue

IF Skyrim is the Xbox 360 version of the game, then that will not work on the Xbox One as the game is not backward compatible. If you want to play it, then you will either have to use an Xbox 360 or purchase the Xbox One remastered version of the game.
    The full list of backward compatible games can be found here
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Classic xbox help

By classic, I'm assuming you mean Xbox original, if so, then if you are using a Xbox 360, then make sure the games are backward compatible, by checking this list on here

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backward-compatibility/play-original-xbox-games-on-xbox-360
    and make sure your Xbox 360 console has an official Xbox 360 hard drive installed as well, otherwise they will not work.

If you are trying to play the games on a Xbox One, then make sure the games are backward compatible, by checking this list

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
    If they are not on the list, then the games will not work.
Thema:

1. Xbox One will not recognize Xbox 360 games that are backwards compatible and worked prior... - Similar Threads - recognize 360 games

2. How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?: Hey there, I have Sony WH-CH700s and this problem just now started. When my laptop is connected by HDMI to another monitor, my headphones sort of flicker in and out of recognition as a sound...
  3. Xbox one S doesn’t recognize my controllers anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S doesn’t recognize my controllers anymore.: Day before yesterday I played my Xbox one S as usual. Today I click the button on the controller to start it up as usual, and the Xbox doesn’t start. Controller flashes slowly, continuously. I...
  4. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  5. why wont my Xbox recognize any networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my Xbox recognize any networks: my Xbox randomly stopped recognizing any networks. I tried restarting my Xbox but that doesnt work and I found a post about clearing Mac address but that doesn't work anymore. I have an old Xbox...
  6. My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC does not recognize my Xbox 360 Controllers: Hey, maybe someone can help me: I do own two original Xbox 360 controllers, one wired (fully wired, not "plug and charge"), one wireless. Both have previously worked with my PC, but recently...
  7. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  8. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  9. how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller: actually the problem is i have a ps3 controller that i have been trying to connect but the controller keeps being recognized as xbox360 controller. i tried disabling device signature enforcement...
  10. my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox series x does not recognize the xbox 360 halo 4 play disc, isn'tsupposed to be...: i was already able to install the game. but inserting the xbox 360 halo 4 PLAY disc to the xbox series x, I always get a message that it does not recognize it. The disc only has very minor...