Xbox one will not control Insignia TV

Discus and support Xbox one will not control Insignia TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a new Insignia TV and am having trouble having my Xbox control it like it did with my old Sony TV. I did a manual remote code and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ognard, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Ognard
    Ognard Guest

I recently bought a new Insignia TV and am having trouble having my Xbox control it like it did with my old Sony TV.

I did a manual remote code and got T2049 which will control volume but will not turn the TV on and off.

I wanted to see if anyone knew of a better remote code that works with Insignia TVs.

The model number for the TV is: NS-55D421NA16

Thanks,

:)

Ognard, Jan 23, 2016
  2. Apollo8NASA
    Apollo8NASA Guest
    Xbox One Can Not Turn TV On/Off

This is what I did under Settings. Under TV & One Guide --> Device Control --> TV I entered my TV brand (Insignia) and then selected I don't know the model to have Xbox discover my TV remote access code. Xbox successfully went through the various tests
    (e.g. mute off/on) and discovered my remote access code. Xbox One then automatically setup my Device Power Options to automatically turn my TV On/Off. However, when I power the Xbox One off and on it did not turn my TV off and on. It also did not recognize
    the volume control using an IR extender cable.

I also tried manually entering my TV brand (Insignia) model number (NS-LCD52HD-09) and the Xbox assigned a different remote access code. This did not work either.

I have a basic set up using an XBox One, Insignia TV, Internet, a Hauppauge Tuner / Mohu OTA antenna, a Xbox Media Remote. This all works including the OneGuide. It will not turn the TV On/Off or control the volume. I do NOT have cable TV, receiver,
    sound system, etc. Just the TV.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Bob

Apollo8NASA, Jan 23, 2016
  3. Apollo8NASA
    Apollo8NASA Guest
    Xbox One Can Not Turn TV On/Off

My Xbox One will not turn my TV On/Off or control the volume.

This is what I did under Settings. Under TV & One Guide --> Device Control --> TV I entered my TV brand (Insignia) and then selected I don't know the model to have Xbox discover my TV remote access code. Xbox successfully went through the various tests
    (e.g. mute off/on) and discovered my remote access code. Xbox One then automatically setup my Device Power Options to automatically turn my TV On/Off. However, when I power the Xbox One off and on it did not turn my TV off and on. It also did not recognize
    the volume control using an IR extender cable.

I also tried manually entering my TV brand (Insignia) model number (NS-LCD52HD-09) and the Xbox assigned a different remote access code. This did not work either.

I have a basic set up using an XBox One, Insignia TV, Internet, a Hauppauge Tuner / Mohu OTA antenna, a Xbox Media Remote. This all works including the OneGuide. It will not turn the TV On/Off or control the volume. I do NOT have cable TV, receiver,
    sound system, etc. Just the TV.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Bob

Apollo8NASA, Jan 23, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. insignia ns-50df710na19 Xbox remote code

2. Xbox tv control insignia

3. Xbox insignia remote control TV volume

4. insignia tv remote code xbox one,