Xbox One will not connect to Xbox Live

Discus and support Xbox One will not connect to Xbox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, I cannot get my Xbox One to connect to Xbox Live tonight (or last night). I've got a static IP address, tried changing the wireless channel,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BL4DEDHUNT3R, Dec 30, 2015.

1. BL4DEDHUNT3R
    BL4DEDHUNT3R Guest

Hey, I cannot get my Xbox One to connect to Xbox Live tonight (or last night). I've got a static IP address, tried changing the wireless channel, forwarded the recommended ports, switched to G only mode, reset the Xbox and the router, hard reset the Xbox
    and every other suggestion on the Xbox website. The connection is found on my Xbox and my advanced settings show the static IP address and so on as I want but the NAT type is Strict and then I try to check networking connection I get 'Cannot get IPS address'
    or automatic IP address and so on. Any ideas as if worked fine earlier on but now again I'm unable to use my console.

:)

BL4DEDHUNT3R, Dec 30, 2015
  2. KratosBR05
    KratosBR05 Guest
    Help

I bought xbox one s and I can not connect to my account. only connects to Xbox live account does not connect. what do I do?

KratosBR05, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Kobra Kahn
    Kobra Kahn Guest
    This needs expanding

So after reading this post:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/unable-to-connect-solution

I should be able to connect to XBOX Live as it states. However I cannot on my XBOX One, connect to XBOX Live. Why does this article assume that just because you have an internet connection that you can connect to XBOX Live when that is clearly not the case.

I have an internet connection on my XBOX One.

I have a multiplayer Connection on my XBOX One

I cannot connect to XBOX Live.

Can someone please create an addition to this article that says if you cannot connect to XBOX Live after these steps have been completed then do this.

Thank you,

Kobra Kahn, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Xbox One will not connect to Xbox Live

What kind of modem and router ? and isp ?....and did you try it wired?

RobertBuckalew, Dec 30, 2015
  5. BL4DEDHUNT3R
    BL4DEDHUNT3R Guest
    TALKTALK DSL-3780 and yes wired worked fine

6. I would try and go in the router and change the channel , you may even try and reset it to factory defaults , should need to do any port forwarding if it has UPNP , enable that ...all that being said , hardwire it , much better and far more stable connection....

RobertBuckalew, Dec 30, 2015
  7. BL4DEDHUNT3R
    BL4DEDHUNT3R Guest
    Changed the channel a few times and changes the mode to to G only and experimented with that. I haven't factory reset the router yet as I'm far more likely to ring my provider and tell them to fix it or else they will be down a customer. UPNP is on and has
    been on as default as far as I remember. Not a fan of TALKTALK already and it's only been 2 weeks.

8. Xbox One will not connect to Xbox Live

Well if you did port forward like you said above AND upnp , ...that's a conflict and you may have a confused router ....that's why I recommended a factory reset ...also check the firmware for an update....

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: