Xbox One wifi adapter driver does not show up anywhere in device manager after windows update

Discus and support Xbox One wifi adapter driver does not show up anywhere in device manager after windows update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have two windows computers: my desktop which has a year old install of windows and recently updated, and my laptop which have multiple windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by misc-13, Sep 21, 2018.

1. misc-13
    misc-13 Guest

Xbox One wifi adapter driver does not show up anywhere in device manager after windows update

I have two windows computers: my desktop which has a year old install of windows and recently updated, and my laptop which have multiple windows updating problems so it usually gets updated much later if at all.

My xbox one wifi adapter worked on both computers flawlessly. I bought this adapter just two months ago. My desktop then had a required windows update and now the wifi adapter WILL NOT AT ALL show in device manager nor work whatsoever on that computer. I've
    tried finding a solution online; all require that it is listed. I've tried manually installing the driver to no luck either.

I tried updating the device through my laptop, but it claims to be up to date. I need help. If anyone had this problem or knows how to fix it please. Or if Microsoft caused this issue, to please fix this immediately.

I need this fixed now before my work computer, which I need my xbox controller for testing, also updates and completely loses the VERY NEW device that I bought for the sole intention of using my controller on a pc.

:)

misc-13, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Xbox One adapter won't install driver when plugged in

Hello. I'm on a 64 bit version of Windows 10, updated to the latest version. When I plug in my adapter, the installation takes a very long time(took no time at all on the other PC and worked flawlessly). Also, when it's done installing, the device will show
    up in Device Manager as "Unknown Device". I tried installing the drivers manually and doing so, it will show up as "Xbox one adapter" in device manager, but still won't work. Any Ideas? Thank you in advance.

StefanoDolzanelli, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Dragonw4g
    Dragonw4g Guest
    Xbox one elite controller

I updated the firmware on my Xbox one elite and xbox one controller. I have a wireless xbox adapter for windows. After updating each controller they no longer work with wireless. I tried updating the adapter and it is up to date?

Moved from: Windows / Device & drivers

Dragonw4g, Sep 21, 2018
  4. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hiya, Misc-13!!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like the Xbox One Wireless Adapter isn't being picked up on your main PC. That is unfortunate but luckily we here at forums are able to assist with this issue. Here is a guide on how to

Troubleshoot the Adapter
    . I hope this article is useful in resolving the issue. One option that helped me in the past was uninstalling the driver for the adapter on the pc then reinstalling it. Let us know if the issue is fixed or still persists after
    these troubleshooting steps have been taken.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums!

XBF Paul M, Sep 21, 2018
  5. misc-13
    misc-13 Guest
    I have been to that page, but I can't use it because it does not show at all in device manager.

i can't uninstall because I can't select it.

device manager doesn't give me anything to fix it because it isn't even aware it's plugged even though the USB ports are in complete working order. There is nothing wrong with my computer.

the Windows update solely caused this issue and I have tried finding anyone with a solution but none have worked.

misc-13, Sep 22, 2018
  6. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest
    Hiya, misc-13!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist, based on the information provided the final suggestion would be to check and see if there is a local Microsoft store near you to see if they can troubleshoot the device. Please let us know what they say, I would
    love to see this device working again for you.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Sep 24, 2018
  7. misc-13
    misc-13 Guest
    Edit: Randomly it started working showing up again. The wireless adapter showed up on device manager, I was able to unintsall and then plugged it back in to set itself back up.

Unless the Microsoft store is able to fix the windows update (because only computers on the newest windows updated have this problem). They can't do anything.

my laptop can recognize the device immediately. My desktop used to until the windows update. Now the desktop can't see the device, but my laptop still can.

this is a software issue not a hardware issue.

misc-13, Sep 24, 2018
  8. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hiya, Misc!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here again, I see the information you provided and I'm glad to hear it's showing up again. That means that we can try this troubleshooting step to see if it'll fix the issue. Here are the steps to take to try and troubleshoot the
    device. I hope you find this information useful.

The adapter was working but isn't responding now

If your adapter was installed and working, but it did not respond after waking your computer, this may be because your USB controller doesn't have Wake on Wireless turned on by default. This can typically be managed by the USB controller driver.

There are two solutions to this:

1. While your Windows 10 device is running, unplug the device, and then plug it back in.
    2. If that didn't work, you can adjust the properties to enable Wake on Wireless. In the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows Properties window, make sure to select
      Allow the device to wake the computer. To do so, follow these steps:
      1. Go to your Device Manager.
      2. Select Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.
      3. Click Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.
      4. Click the Power Management tab.
      5. Select Allow this device to wake the computer, and then select
        OK.

Best Wishes!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Nov 5, 2018
  9. XBF Paul M Win User

Hiya, Misc!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here again, I see the information you provided and I'm glad to hear it's showing up again. That means that we can try this troubleshooting step to see if it'll fix the issue. Here are the steps to take to try and troubleshoot the
    device. I hope you find this information useful.

The adapter was working but isn't responding now

If your adapter was installed and working, but it did not respond after waking your computer, this may be because your USB controller doesn't have Wake on Wireless turned on by default. This can typically be managed by the USB controller driver.

There are two solutions to this:

1. While your Windows 10 device is running, unplug the device, and then plug it back in.
    2. If that didn't work, you can adjust the properties to enable Wake on Wireless. In the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows Properties window, make sure to select
      Allow the device to wake the computer. To do so, follow these steps:
      1. Go to your Device Manager.
      2. Select Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.
      3. Click Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.
      4. Click the Power Management tab.
      5. Select Allow this device to wake the computer, and then select
        OK.

Best Wishes!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  10. misc-13 Win User

I have been to that page, but I can't use it because it does not show at all in device manager.

i can't uninstall because I can't select it.

device manager doesn't give me anything to fix it because it isn't even aware it's plugged even though the USB ports are in complete working order. There is nothing wrong with my computer.

the Windows update solely caused this issue and I have tried finding anyone with a solution but none have worked.
  11. misc-13 Win User

Edit: Randomly it started working showing up again. The wireless adapter showed up on device manager, I was able to unintsall and then plugged it back in to set itself back up.

Unless the Microsoft store is able to fix the windows update (because only computers on the newest windows updated have this problem). They can't do anything.

my laptop can recognize the device immediately. My desktop used to until the windows update. Now the desktop can't see the device, but my laptop still can.

this is a software issue not a hardware issue.
  12. XBF Paul M Win User

Hiya, misc-13!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist, based on the information provided the final suggestion would be to check and see if there is a local Microsoft store near you to see if they can troubleshoot the device. Please let us know what they say, I would
    love to see this device working again for you.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  13. XBF Paul M Win User

Hiya, Misc-13!!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like the Xbox One Wireless Adapter isn't being picked up on your main PC. That is unfortunate but luckily we here at forums are able to assist with this issue. Here is a guide on how to

Troubleshoot the Adapter
    . I hope this article is useful in resolving the issue. One option that helped me in the past was uninstalling the driver for the adapter on the pc then reinstalling it. Let us know if the issue is fixed or still persists after
    these troubleshooting steps have been taken.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums!
Thema:

1. Xbox One wifi adapter driver does not show up anywhere in device manager after windows update - Similar Threads - wifi adapter driver

2. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  3. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  4. How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?: bought the Xbox 360 model e for my son and he can’t connect to WiFi because Xbox shut down their 360 servers so I need to know before I buy this WiFi adapter for the Xbox...
  5. Will a usb wifi adapter work on the Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a usb wifi adapter work on the Xbox one?: My original Xbox One's wifi network card has burned out. Will a 3rd party network adapter work for it? 62c508f1-e57e-4282-9eb8-316590f127bf
  6. Xbox 360 wifi adapter red after trying all USB ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi adapter red after trying all USB ports: Hey, I need help with my Xbox 360 adapter it's still red and I don't know where to install the drivers for it so if anybody has a link to it that would be nice also its not the USB connection lose...
  7. my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...: i was playing "the finals" and i immediately realize my wifi disappeared i try to troubleshoot it but it cant find my wireless network so it only try to fix my LAN adapter. i check my device...
  8. Wifi Mini Adapter #2 has failed to operational power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Mini Adapter #2 has failed to operational power: After I installed my new NVIDIA drivers, I tried to load up and play a game and then it hibernates my computer and it says in the event log that the WiFi Mini Adapter #2 has failed to...
  9. Which Xbox 360 models DO NOT require the WiFi Adapter to play games on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which Xbox 360 models DO NOT require the WiFi Adapter to play games on?: I want to get Minecraft on the Xbox 360 but I don't want to have an built-in WiFi module. One where I can have it unattached willingly is what I am really looking for. If someone knows which...
  10. Can I use a usb wifi adapter for Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a usb wifi adapter for Xbox one: So I’m looking into better ways to get internet but idk if that will work 0e54cb7c-38e1-40a9-b699-14042b0c1fb5