XBOX ONe - VOIP Issue

Discus and support XBOX ONe - VOIP Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; HI - My voip does not work It used to work fine CURRENT STATUS I can see the headset icon when I plug it in - it appears to be identifying I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kelpie logo, Apr 27, 2020.

1. kelpie logo
    kelpie logo Guest

XBOX ONe - VOIP Issue

HI - My voip does not work

It used to work fine

CURRENT STATUS

I can see the headset icon when I plug it in - it appears to be identifying I have headset

But no one can hear me

I can hear them

The problem is with any game with a VOIP option

TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS

The headphones are fine - I have tested these on other devices (Astro A10)

I have tested other headphones on the Xbox

I have done the firmware updates on the controller

I purchased a new controller

I have done a factory reset of the xbox

I have tried chat and in game play voip

I have checked and rechecked all setting an nothing appears to fix the issue

FURTHER

I am wondering if the issue is with the xbox one console

It has not been dropped or mistreated - it is about 2 years old now

I have read some forums on this and it seemed that the firmware update fixed their issues - but not mine.

Has anybody got any suggestions?

Thank you

:)

kelpie logo, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Best Donut Win User

Xbox one s Voip issues

I have had this issue as well especially when playing the same game. Usually either voice stops working or one of us disconnects from the game. In my case, I did find that it was related to my router settings. For MW, I had to go through and forward all
    of the necessary ports or the easier option would be to enable PnP on your router, although some believe that it can make your network more vulnerable.

Which Xbox is moderate? The wired or wireless connected one?
  3. TomTayEB Win User

Xbox one s Voip issues

I have had this issue as well especially when playing the same game. Usually either voice stops working or one of us disconnects from the game. In my case, I did find that it was related to my router settings. For MW, I had to go through and forward all
    of the necessary ports or the easier option would be to enable PnP on your router, although some believe that it can make your network more vulnerable.

Which Xbox is moderate? The wired or wireless connected one?
    The wired xbox is moderate, and the wireless one was strict until I put it in the dmz when it changed to open. I've had no problems dropping out or any other issues at all just talking to each other.

I'm no expert with porting and routers etc I just muddle my way around following guides the best I can. I think currently both x boxes are using 3074 port unless putting one in the dmz changes that?
  4. d3monkid12 Win User

: VOIP

Hi there

I think you can set it up on the game to appear on both go through game settings and find out that way, Since you also mentioned it was BF5 only it might be the game settings itself due to you can hear it via tv fine on other games (suggesting you have the
    game chat appearing fine through both tv and speakers on xbox one)

But this game alone for some reason only want to go through the headset. I Suggest trying the following, Changing the setting to TV only on xbox one settings to see if it will come through that way, I will check other ways to come through both. Or you can
    try inviting people to a party instead to see if that will put it through both for you with the settings on both.
    you are correct in that you can set it to come through on both, this is how i usually have it set up. i tried setting xbox to tv only, wouldn't come through tv or headset. tried headphones only, couldn't hear tthe game through tv anymore. set it back to
    both and it goes back to the same as before no squad voice through tv. battlefield also has numerous audio settings like surround, stereo, war tapes, mono... tried each of these and still no squad voice.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

VOIP

Hi there D3monkid12

I think you can set it up on the game to appear on both go through game settings and find out that way, Since you also mentioned it was BF5 only it might be the game settings itself due to you can hear it via tv fine on other games (suggesting you have the
    game chat appearing fine through both tv and speakers on xbox one)

But this game alone for some reason only want to go through the headset. I Suggest trying the following, Changing the setting to TV only on xbox one settings to see if it will come through that way, I will check other ways to come through both. Or you can
    try inviting people to a party instead to see if that will put it through both for you with the settings on both.
  6. d3monkid12 Win User

VOIP

Have you tried reaching out to a support forum for that specific game. There will be more people there playing the game so the chance are good someone else has had a similar issue. Good Luck.
    yes, i have tried that. thanks for the suggestion though
Thema:

XBOX ONe - VOIP Issue

1. XBOX ONe - VOIP Issue - Similar Threads - VOIP Issue

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  4. Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox support told me to post this here brightness issues series x: My Xbox series x I have tried everything to fix it. No settings or anything help I have tried unplugging using different port different tv different HDMI cable Unplugging factory resetting tv...
  5. My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data: For some reason despite having a headset my VOIP isn’t enabled in dayZ I’m not sure if it’s an in game issue but I’ve also noticed I cannot delete the synced file to see whether it’s corrupt I can...
  6. VOIP / in-game chat not broadcast when streaming through Xbox Broadcast app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    VOIP / in-game chat not broadcast when streaming through Xbox Broadcast app: When streaming via the Xbox Broadcast app (onto Twitch) any in-game VOIP from other players is not picked up on the stream broadcast. I am NOT referring to party chat. Specifics of the problem:...
  7. Not able to speak in DayZ Voip

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to speak in DayZ Voip: I am unable to speak in my VOIP and have gone through all known fixes, these fixes include -removing all cords from back of xbox -removing all cords from back of gateway/router -hard resetting...
  8. Xbox one s Voip issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s Voip issues: Hi all, I have an issue with two xbox one s' in the same house, I have them both working fine at the same time we just can't talk to each other using headsets while playing the same game...
  9. : VOIP

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : VOIP: : VOIP Hi there I think you can set it up on the game to appear on both go through game settings and find out that way, Since you also mentioned it was BF5 only it might be the game settings...
  10. Add the ability to turn off VOIP completly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Add the ability to turn off VOIP completly: Hi Please add the ability to turn off VOIP complelty in settings like in BF4 Thanks Shawn 66fd91db-0ca8-4273-82f8-5acda9af1901