Xbox One visuals limited to load screen and on/off menu

Discus and support Xbox One visuals limited to load screen and on/off menu in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently I booted up my XB1 and it showed the green XB1 loading screen, it loaded for a bit, then went to a black screen. For some reason, through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hoff26, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Hoff26
    Hoff26 Guest

So recently I booted up my XB1 and it showed the green XB1 loading screen, it loaded for a bit, then went to a black screen. For some reason, through many restarts, I'm able to see the greeting with my gamerpic at the bottom of the screen. I can also access
    the controller menu to turn the controller and the console off, but that's all I can see. The dashboard is completely not visible.

I've tried switching HDMI cables, I've even tried the offline update method but I don't think my USB can be formatted right cuz I have a Mac.

My XB1 was working fine just a few days ago, being left on for hours of me playing games, but just the other morning it started having issues.

Please help!

Thanks

:)

Hoff26, Jan 10, 2016
  2. Olliewe88
    Olliewe88 Guest
    Black Screen after launch

When I switch on my xbox one it comes up with the loading screen, which takes much longer then usual. Then it loads and is a black screen. However, I can turn it off still from the off menu.

Olliewe88, Jan 10, 2016
  3. RECON7577
    RECON7577 Guest
    won't load the home menu after green screen is slow and if dose load the home screen

Won't load the home menu after the Xbox green start up screen it slow and by rare chance it loads you can't move on the menu screen and will then go black again and try's to load again. Sometimes it just show the my game and app symbol on center of screen
    and that's it.

RECON7577, Jan 10, 2016
  4. Xbox One visuals limited to load screen and on/off menu

I have the same problem,

the console worked fine until a couple of days ago,

now it has the same problems Hoff26 describes.

Please help

Thanks

StancherSloth, Jan 10, 2016
  5. StevenBM
    StevenBM Guest
    StevenBM, Jan 11, 2016
  6. I've tried what is written on the page but it hasn't solved the problem.

It boots the green XB1 initial loading screen with a lower resolution and it shows my gamerpic at the bottom of the screen, but after that it goes into a perennial black. The only thing I can do is access the controller menu to turn the controller or the
    console off.

The dashboard continues to be completely not visible and I don't hear any noise after moving the stick in every direction or after clicking every button

StancherSloth, Jan 11, 2016
  7. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    This may not help but it is worth a try before you have to request a repair.

Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.

Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.

Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

Once it is back up and operational test for results.

{Parity}, Jan 11, 2016
  8. Xbox One visuals limited to load screen and on/off menu

Thanks but I've tried it already

StancherSloth, Jan 12, 2016
  9. Hi,

Do you have any peripherals attached (Kinect, ext HDD) if you have try removing those and rebooting.

Do give it some time to boot if it hangs on the black or green screen.

Mythreign

ColinNeighbour, Jan 12, 2016
  10. No kinect no HDD

I've left it switched on for more than half an hour.

Shall I request a repair?

StancherSloth, Oct 31, 2018
  11. StancherSloth Win User

Thanks but I've tried it already
  12. {Parity} Win User

This may not help but it is worth a try before you have to request a repair.

Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.

Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.

Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

Once it is back up and operational test for results.
  13. StancherSloth Win User

No kinect no HDD

I've left it switched on for more than half an hour.

Shall I request a repair?
  14. ColinNeighbour Win User

Hi,

Do you have any peripherals attached (Kinect, ext HDD) if you have try removing those and rebooting.

Do give it some time to boot if it hangs on the black or green screen.

Mythreign
  15. StancherSloth Win User

I've tried what is written on the page but it hasn't solved the problem.

It boots the green XB1 initial loading screen with a lower resolution and it shows my gamerpic at the bottom of the screen, but after that it goes into a perennial black. The only thing I can do is access the controller menu to turn the controller or the
    console off.

The dashboard continues to be completely not visible and I don't hear any noise after moving the stick in every direction or after clicking every button
Thema:

1. Xbox One visuals limited to load screen and on/off menu - Similar Threads - visuals limited load

2. My Audio / visual isn’t syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Audio / visual isn’t syncing: Since last update my Xbox one X isn’t syncing with Tv / surround system hdmi leads are all good & not broken optical lead etc usually with in 2 or 3 minutes it’s all fine Audio / Tv has all been...
  3. Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X + Sony TV best visual settings: Dear Community, Finally I switched from the One S to Xbox X. My setup is with Sony KD-65XH9096. The signal goes directly from the console to the TV. Then another HDMI from the TV to Soundbar...
  4. License visual glitch with game icons

in XBoX on Windows
    License visual glitch with game icons: The icon that indicates that you don't have the license to play a game is appearing next to every game I own that is not on game pass. I am still able to play them, so is this just a visual bug?...
  5. I have an old monitor and a Xbox One. I use a HDMI adaptor and I get visuals but I cannot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an old monitor and a Xbox One. I use a HDMI adaptor and I get visuals but I cannot...: How do I get my external speakers - either by jack or USB - to provide sound. The monitor does not have HDMI, I have attached an image showing the back of my monitor. Thanks...
  6. I was wondering why has the TOYOTA GT86 and Subaru BRZ lost alot of visuals modifications?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was wondering why has the TOYOTA GT86 and Subaru BRZ lost alot of visuals modifications?: I was wondering why has the TOYOTA GT86 and Subaru BRZ lost alot of visuals modifications, for example GReddy body parts, thise were the best, and the only place where i can find them is older...
  7. Xbox seires s visual glitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s visual glitch: I've recently bought an Xbox series s and when I force shut a game it makes my monitor go to a black screen for a few seconds then continues like normal? Is there any fix to this as it's annoying....
  8. profile visual bug

in XBoX Accessibility
    profile visual bug: I found a visual bug having to do with the xbox profile on xbox one. I don’t know if anyone else has had this bug, I looked it up but couldn’t find anything about it. Customizable parts of my...
  9. unable to deploy UWP from Visual Studio to Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to deploy UWP from Visual Studio to Xbox Series S: I'm trying to deploy a UWP package to my Xbox Series S: PC developer mode enabled; new VS 2022 UWP C# project; configuration target x64; target version 'Windows 10, version 2004'; Xbox...
  10. Strange visual issues with overlays such as Nvidia and Reshade

in XBoX on Windows
    Strange visual issues with overlays such as Nvidia and Reshade: So I have no idea how to even ask this question but for the last few months I have been getting these graphical anomolies when trying to apply a filter from Nvidia or reshade in all my games. I'm...