Xbox One ''View" Button Partially Working :/

Discus and support Xbox One ''View" Button Partially Working :/ in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So today, I just spent $500 on the new Xbox One. Everything was going well until I needed to use the "view" button on my controller. It turns out, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tacos r gud man, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Xbox One ''View" Button Partially Working :/

So today, I just spent $500 on the new Xbox One. Everything was going well until I needed to use the "view" button on my controller. It turns out, it only partially works. Instead of pressing the button normally, you have to press it much harder. It's a
    pain if I'm trying to pull up my map in a game. I did my research and on the support page, it says I need to send my controller in for a replacement. I have a few questions. When I registered my Xbox and accessory, and tried to fill out a replacement, it says
    "Your console is not eligible for replacement." Umm, what does that mean?

Also, is it true Microsoft sends you a replacement controller and then you send your messed up one to them? I'm really excited to play and heard it can take up to a month for a replacement controller. The fact that I already have to pay for shipping is kinda
    messed up. I've done replacements before with other companies and they paid for all shipping costs. It's their faulty controller, but whatever.

:)

tacos r gud man, Jan 25, 2014
  2. JayhawkerStL
    JayhawkerStL Guest
    Directv DVR controls not working after update

My Harmony remote partially stopped working within certain apps, like Netflix and Amazon. I say partially, because I think it is just the lack of directional buttons. The colored buttons, FF and REW all seem to work. But I use the remote to move around
    the apps to pick a show or movie to watch.

JayhawkerStL, Jan 25, 2014
  3. KnivesOut00
    KnivesOut00 Guest
    For people having issues using the Xbox One bumpers.

If the official Xbox One controller requires a tutorial video on how to use one of the buttons, the controllers clearly aren't nearly as well ergonomically designed as Microsoft claims. Couple that with the countless people online who have said their bumper button has fallen off, and it's obvious the design is at least partially defective.

KnivesOut00, Jan 25, 2014
  4. Xbox One ''View" Button Partially Working :/

EDIT: The replacement page said "Your DEVICE is not eligible for replacement."

tacos r gud man, Jan 25, 2014
  5. tacos r gud man Win User

EDIT: The replacement page said "Your DEVICE is not eligible for replacement."
  6. Netechma Win User

View button on xbox one controller not working!

Download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft store, and use that to double check that the view button is not working. If it isn't, then it could be an issue with the controller, and may need to be repaired or if you have just purchased
    it, take it back to the shop you got it from and either get a replacement or money back.
    Hey I wasn't familiar with that app until now, this seems handy
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

View button on xbox one controller not working!

Download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft store, and use that to double check that the view button is not working. If it isn't, then it could be an issue with the controller, and may need to be repaired or if you have just purchased it, take
    it back to the shop you got it from and either get a replacement or money back.
  8. ericjwilborn Win User

View button not working on Xbox One Controller

Are you talking about the 'Change View' button near the top center, to the left of the power button?
  9. NCOCS Win User

Xbox one s controller view button not working

This is absolutely not helpful. There is nothing that resetting the console will do to fix a single controller button not functioning.

Just wanted to drop my experience here—in November my partner bought me the Fortnite purple controller, and it came with a defective (half-functioning, maybe functional 35% of the time) view button. Filed a warranty claim, got a new one, which had an
    entirely non-functional view button. Filed another one, sent that one in, got my new one today, and guess what—it's ALSO defective, with another entirely non-functional view button.

I'm about to talk to another representative because I'm absolutely livid at this point. It shouldn't take three months to get my hands on a functional controller from the
    people who make the controller. Hopefully controller #4 is the charm.
Thema:

1. Xbox One ''View" Button Partially Working :/ - Similar Threads - ''View Button Partially

2. My view button is bieng weird

in XBoX on Consoles
    My view button is bieng weird: Ive had this xbox series s controller for a month now and today my view button was bieng weird because. Everytime i pressed it it didn’t seem to respond but once i hold it down hard it responds...
  3. Elite controller 2.0 thinks the view button is constantly being held down even though im...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller 2.0 thinks the view button is constantly being held down even though im...: This problem has occurred randomly without any reason when i was playing, my controller thinks that i am holding down the view button even though i am not. This has the xbox menu to skip 3-4 spots...
  4. Xbox: If the 'View' button on the controller is used to go into full screen mode on a web...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox: If the 'View' button on the controller is used to go into full screen mode on a web...: For any web application that supports controller/gamepad based navigation, it is seen that if the View button on the controller is used to go into full screen mode on Edge on Xbox, it renders the...
  5. Xbox One Controller view button and right stick work with cable but don't work wirelessly

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller view button and right stick work with cable but don't work wirelessly: So I played naruto ninja ultimate ninja storm recently. Every time I connect the controller to my PC with Bluetooth, the view button and right stick don't work properly and it always asks me to...
  6. Xbox controller takes screenshot whenever I hold down the view button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller takes screenshot whenever I hold down the view button: I recently bought an Xbox Series S controller, and whenever I hold down the view button to view a game leaderboard, it takes a screenshot. FYI: THE XBOX CONTROLLER VIEW BUTTON LOOKS LIKE THIS...
  7. Xbox app "view party" button gone for friends appearing online, but not for ones appearing...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app "view party" button gone for friends appearing online, but not for ones appearing...: It seems the ability to reveal who's appearing offline on the Xbox app by viewing a party they could be in has been fixed. Anyone appearing offline in a party now appears as annonymous just like...
  8. View button doesnt work on brand new Xbox one X special edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    View button doesnt work on brand new Xbox one X special edition: I have an xbox one x special edition with blue and pink. Qhen received from microsoft a couple of months ago, view button wasnt working. After all updates et resets, Buttons never worked. Now im...
  9. View button not working on Xbox One Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    View button not working on Xbox One Controller: I bought a new Xbox one controller (Night Ops Camo model) to use with Windows 10. All other buttons work fine except the "view button". I already updated the controller firmware for the latest...
  10. Не работает кнопка “View” на Xbox one...[The “View” button does not work on the Xbox one ...]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Не работает кнопка “View” на Xbox one...[The “View” button does not work on the Xbox one ...]: ешил я купить игру...Far cry 5 и когда зашло дело до того чтобы открыть карту надо было нажать “ view” но кнопка совсем не реагировала... думал что это баг но когда зашел в главном меню на xbox...