Xbox one update erased game add ons and causes random switch of downloading files

Discus and support Xbox one update erased game add ons and causes random switch of downloading files in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; since the last Xbox one system update, all my add ons for ffxv mysteriously deleted when I went to play ffxv the next day. Also the new system update... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ms Grimsley, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Ms Grimsley
    Ms Grimsley Guest

Xbox one update erased game add ons and causes random switch of downloading files

since the last Xbox one system update, all my add ons for ffxv mysteriously deleted when I went to play ffxv the next day. Also the new system update changes how the games download, so every so often it randomly switches which file is downloading w a queued
    item n this is taking even longer to download the already slow updates... the new layout is not user friendly and the beam service does not work or the instructions 2 use it are not clear. Please fix. I also don't like the new home screen layout and what the
    Xbox button does on the controller. I'm about 2 switch to PlayStation.

:)

Ms Grimsley, Apr 5, 2017
  2. BLADE4U98
    BLADE4U98 Guest
    Skyrim DLC Hearthfire trouble

Delete ALL add-ons, delete TITLE UPDATE from the game file, clear system cache, reboot Xbox, download ALL add-ons before starting the game again.

BLADE4U98, Apr 5, 2017
  3. BLADE4U98
    BLADE4U98 Guest
    ender scrolls v: skyrim

I had this problem and this fixed it. Delete all add-ons, delete title update from game file, then delete your system cache. Reboot your xbox, download ALL game add-ons, after all downloads are complete, then start the game and download the title update.

BLADE4U98, Apr 5, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations. If you need help setting up your Beam account, you can check out our guide to

creating a Beam account
    . Also, if you'd like to set your console so that you can choose what to download, you can do so by putting your console into

energy saver mode

For the rest of your feedback, that's suggestions you can leave over on the
    Xbox Feedback
    site. Thanks for posting. Xbox one update erased game add ons and causes random switch of downloading files :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations. If you need help setting up your Beam account, you can check out our guide to

creating a Beam account
    . Also, if you'd like to set your console so that you can choose what to download, you can do so by putting your console into

energy saver mode

For the rest of your feedback, that's suggestions you can leave over on the
    Xbox Feedback
    site. Thanks for posting. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  6. BLADE4U98 Win User

ender scrolls v: skyrim

I had this problem and this fixed it. Delete all add-ons, delete title update from game file, then delete your system cache. Reboot your xbox, download ALL game add-ons, after all downloads are complete, then start the game and download the title update.
  7. BLADE4U98 Win User

Skyrim DLC Hearthfire trouble

Delete ALL add-ons, delete TITLE UPDATE from the game file, clear system cache, reboot Xbox, download ALL add-ons before starting the game again.
  8. BugOut Machine Win User

Xbox disconnects and reconnects constantly.

Have you recently downloaded any new content or DLC's? Sometimes a corrupted update or add-on can cause this issue and once the file is deleted the connection smooths out. You will know if this is the cause if the connection issues only happen during one
    game.
  9. Riguas9C8m6 Win User

All my Minecraft Worlds, Skin Packs and Resource Packs have deleted. What do I do?

Hi TomFur,

Check and see if the add-ons are downloaded? When you did the hard reset maybe the add-ons on your games were erased.
Thema:

1. Xbox one update erased game add ons and causes random switch of downloading files - Similar Threads - update erased game

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  4. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830) Feel free...
  5. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)...
  6. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  7. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  8. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  9. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...
  10. My FIFA 23 are going to update but I cancel it . After that it be erased how can İ get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My FIFA 23 are going to update but I cancel it . After that it be erased how can İ get it back?: My FIFA get update but I cancel it after that FIFA be erased how can İ fiks it ed0f4406-8c3f-4d12-ac06-5517ef707de6