Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

Discus and support Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cain J Humphrey, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible to make it work or if the xbox is just incompatible with the tv.

:)

Cain J Humphrey, Apr 22, 2024
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Cain J Humphrey,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

. I understand that you are having trouble turning off your Roku TV using your Xbox One.

To help you with this issue, please try the following steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Go to Settings > Devices & streaming > TV & OneGuide.

3. Select Device control.

4. Select TV power options.

5. Select the brand of your TV and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

If your TV brand is not listed, you can try selecting "I don't see my brand" and follow the on-screen instructions to manually enter the TV's information.

If the issue persists, please contact the Roku TV manufacturer for further assistance as this may be a compatibility issue between the Xbox One and the Roku TV.

For you to be able to contact Roku support, please click this link: Official Roku Support | Roku Device Questions & Troubleshooting

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns. I will be waiting for you and I would be more than glad to assist you further.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Wretched4given Win User

XBox One connecting to TCL TV

They are correct i just set it up as a vizeo tv and it took around the 8th time for the xbox to mute my tv and it worked everything is working correctly.Now when i use my voice to cut off and on the xbox it also turns the tv on and off. My model is a tcl
    roku 55FS4610R
  4. MarkEightyFour Win User

Roku

Thanks for responding. My Roku is hooked up to another input directly to the TV. My cable box and sound bar are hooked up through my xbox one. I have the speakers on the actual TV turned off so just the soundbar produces sound. Which makes me think that
    is why I am not getting sound from the Roku since it isn't going through the xbox, but it's just a hunch.

Look forward to the response.
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

How to hook up my Xbox one s to my tcl Roku tv

After some quick research, I'm going ot assume you have a standard tv and not the Roku streaming player (the little box thing) so you would simply plug the Xbox One S into the HDMI input of the tv, select that input on the tv and turn the xbox one and
    off you go ( depending on weather the tv will sit on an input source when there is no input you may have to switch to the HDMI input the Xbox is connected to when the Xbox turns on)
  6. SilentGamer895 Win User

Turning on Roku 3 turns Xbox One off?

Thema:

1. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off - Similar Threads - unable turn roku

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. Unable to turn on the Match Game background feature.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to turn on the Match Game background feature.: The new baseboard has rolled out and I'm unable to find a toggle to let me turn on the Match Game background option. I've looked through the settings and still can't seem to find the toggle for...
  10. Unable to turn off auto-renew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to turn off auto-renew: I subscribed to Xbox Gamepass for PC but when I try to turn off auto-renew I encounter an error. I waited for hours and tried again but nothing changed. [img] 711efaac-c718-45a5-a3ec-d30216db8994