Xbox One thinks my MPOW HC5 headset is a speaker?

Discus and support Xbox One thinks my MPOW HC5 headset is a speaker? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a new MPOW HC5 bluetooth headset today. It's mainly bluetooth, but it also has a 3.5 mm jack, with microphone support. I plugged it into my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Garrett Keneau, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Xbox One thinks my MPOW HC5 headset is a speaker?

I got a new MPOW HC5 bluetooth headset today. It's mainly bluetooth, but it also has a 3.5 mm jack, with microphone support. I plugged it into my controller, joined a party, but the microphone is not working. I can hear others, but they can't hear me.
    I tried switching the "Party chat output" dropdown to "Headset", but I get no party chat audio at all. I only get audio when it's on "speakers" or "headset and speakers" I'm using a microphone supported cable, and have tried multiple cables, and nothing seems
    to work. Mic monitoring is working, I can hear my audio.

Thanks for any help!

:)

Garrett Keneau, Jul 6, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. ChrisTronbot Win User

Is it possible that you have a spatial audio mode enabled? If you want to check go to Settings, General, Volume and Audio Output, Headset Audio. Then try until one works. That usualy fixes any issue with my Razer Kraken. Hope this helps ;)
  3. iG Kesy Win User

Mic making popping noise

Yes i use it on xbox and i have it connected to my controller my headset model is

Mpow eg3 pro gaming headset
  4. Nathan Chaudhari Win User

How to fix greyed out headset chat mixer

Thanks,

The headset is MPOW corded pro gaming headset and I only started having this issue yesterday and it has worked fine since I started using it
  5. Nathan Chaudhari Win User

How to fix greyed out headset chat mixer

Thanks, I have tried slowly plugging it in and turning off the controller already.

The headset is MPOW corded pro gaming headset and I only started having this issue yesterday and it has worked fine since.
  6. Haunted Spider Win User

What do you use as a mic in game?

Azrael, the solution you provide is a lackluster solution. I stated the reason why above but so you don't have to go all the way to the top and read it again, I will re explain the issue.

The xbox one does not have the same feature that the xbox 360 has, which is the chat through speaker and headset. So, I have a polk audio Melee headset but it is connected to my xbox one with an Optical audio and a USB cable. this powers the headset and
    gives it audio from the game and chat. The xbox one looks at the optical out as speakers as most will use this port for running a sound system or something along those lines.

Now when you connect the xbox provided headset, it takes the chat from your team mates that used to go through the speakers and runs it through the headset, being the xbox one provided headset. What this means is the headset I am wearing to hear the game,
    the Polk Audio Melee that the xbox one registers as speakers, no longer gets game chat.

If xbox one had the play through speakers and headset option, there would be no issue, but they don't so I can either put the xbox one headset on and not hear the game, or put the one headset around my neck, and let my teammates hear me but me not hear them.

So your solution did not actually work.
Thema:

1. Xbox One thinks my MPOW HC5 headset is a speaker? - Similar Threads - thinks MPOW HC5

2. So do you guys think it's a good idea

in XBoX on Windows
    So do you guys think it's a good idea: So do you guys think it's a good idea to sell my Xbox series X for a series s and a xscreen or portable monitor or not. 278698c0-23e3-45d7-af24-410aa6661a7f
  3. Among Us, playing from the cloud on mobile, is left thinking in a loop while looking for an...

in XboX Insiders
    Among Us, playing from the cloud on mobile, is left thinking in a loop while looking for an...: When I play using the cloud on my mobile it stays looking for online games in a loop. In the cloud console it works correctly. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  4. I think my Port is broken on my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    I think my Port is broken on my Xbox series S: have a Xbox series s that has worked fine for the entirety that I have had it, today for the first time the wired connection will not work, however connecting to WiFi will. I searched up and down...
  5. I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do

in XBoX on Windows
    I think my minecraft account is hacked and I did not find what to do: I recently got my microsoft account Hacked by a player from a minecraft server i was playing on called hypixel. However, I miraculously managed to get everything back, i changed my password and...
  6. Thinking about Buying a new Xbox X

in XboX Insiders
    Thinking about Buying a new Xbox X: So I have an Xbox one but I’m thinking about buy an Xbox X and I was wonder if I could still play online when I sign into my account or would I have to buy a new online card? submitted by...
  7. can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is...: Change my phone and password now can't play any games in game pass signed in tried everything only option I can think is cancel subscription and start all over. Very frustrating...
  8. my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help: Having problems with network P2pU cant get it working, my Nat is moderate and i need to get it open? Pls help 97599c18-a918-440f-8f40-e87bc695b8cc
  9. I think game pass has a problem with me

in XboX Insiders
    I think game pass has a problem with me: Every time I purchase a game within a week that same game comes to Game Pass and I don't think it's a coincidence they like to f, mess with me submitted by /u/Time_Storage_9420 [link] [comments]
  10. i think they should rec partys

in XboX Insiders
    i think they should rec partys: i think xboxs team should add something that recs xbox partys bc some of the most fed up stuff happens in them and i think if you were to rec them and have ai look at them everyday or so it could...