Xbox One takes way too long to boot up

Discus and support Xbox One takes way too long to boot up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's been a couple of weeks I haven't touched my Xbox One and I was in the mood of playing some Forza 6, so I turned on the power and my TV screen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SMPINFIDELIS93, May 3, 2016.

1. Xbox One takes way too long to boot up

It's been a couple of weeks I haven't touched my Xbox One and I was in the mood of playing some Forza 6, so I turned on the power and my TV screen only started to show the sign-in screen until after almost an hour of waiting, the sign-in seems to
    take almost forever so I turned off the power and turn on the console again. Now I have to repeat an hour long of waiting for the console to boot up. What could've possibly gone wrong with my Xbox One and what can I do?

:)

SMPINFIDELIS93, May 3, 2016
  2. Xbox one takes long to boot up.

No it wouldnt speed up or slow down powering up your console.

SilentGamer895, May 3, 2016
  3. Xbox one takes long to boot up.

Hello everyone. Since the start of this week my xbox has been taking long to boot while in power saving mode. It goes to green normally but once it goes to black it sits there for almost two full minutes then loads the dash. I have a 2 TB external

drive attached so i thought maybe thats what caused it. Nope. I unplugged everything, did a power cycle, hard boot, cleared the cache but the issue persists. Instant on works fine but i prefer energy saving mode. Games and apps work normally once it boots
    but it taking so long to start is really bothersome.

Anyone else with this problem? Any solutions?

ninjasauce4000, May 3, 2016
  4. Xbox One takes way too long to boot up

Hi.

Obviously your console is downloading and updating. Since you haven't turned on the console in a long period of time, you can choose to download and install updates when your Xbox turn off can save you a lot of time when booting up by choosing a direct power
    mode visit this link to see how you can change that.
    support.xbox.com/.../learn-about-power-modes

Mohamed Khaled Assi, May 3, 2016
  5. I mean" different" not direct .

Mohamed Khaled Assi, May 3, 2016
  6. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Hi SMPINFIDELIS93,

Sorry you're console is taking so long to boot. If you have instant on, it could just be "stuck". With the console on hold the power button down for about 8 seconds until it turns off. After it's off turn it back on and see if it books.

Did you see an update screen or something of that nature? If so try following
    this troubleshooter

Hordie, May 3, 2016
  7. hi i have a problem and need help. iv had my xbox 1 for about just over a year or so. i dont play online and the last time i was online was when i first set up my console. i was playing fallout 4 and when i fast travelled to another settlement this one
    time it took forever to load and then this error came up saying my game save files arnt synced. i switched it off and then on again and i had lost all my game save files for all my games. i had to start forza 6 again and after some playing it happened again.
    i havenet updated my xbox since i first set it up and i never play online so i really need help with this because all the posts on google with a similer problem are all players that play online. i also battle with the green screen of death issue. will updating
    my console fix this? or is there some sort of setting that causes this? thanks

TribalCanvas721, May 3, 2016
  8. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi TribalCanvas721,

Sorry you're having issues with your console. It sounds like your issue is a bit different than the OP's. So the community can best help with your exact issue, I would suggest creating a thread of your own.

Hordie, May 3, 2016
  9. Hello,I already see that this post has many suggestions so I'll make this quick,when your Xbox isn't turned on for a while it needs to boot,it's like turning a computer on for the first time,it needs to make sure your secure and there's a connection. -TFP

thefalloutplayr, May 3, 2016
  10. DRAV3NDER
    DRAV3NDER Guest
    I'm having the same drama everything from home to guide and my games and apps takes too long to load and I'm left with a black screen. I've done the hard reset but can't access settings to change power mode. Any suggestions?

DRAV3NDER, May 3, 2016
  11. Hey Hydro Skillet,

I've tried what you've suggested, and the update screen never pops up.

SMPINFIDELIS93, May 4, 2016
  12. JDVY
    JDVY Guest
    That's annoying hope you get it sorted I would just RMA it

13. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi SMPINFIDELIS93,

Just to make sure I have the whole idea of what's going on, when you says sign in are you referring to boot time, or the actual sign in for your account? If it's your account, then try removing it and then adding it back by

this process
    . If that doesn't work I'd recommend a full factory reset. If the Xbox is slow booting and you've tried the steps I first posted, I would also recommend a factory reset. Follow

these steps
    to perform the reset. Provided you keep your Xbox connected to the internet, your saves should be backed up. You will need to reinstall your games after this.

Hope this helps!

Hordie, May 4, 2016
  14. Hi Hydro Skillet,

By sign-in I meant the green Xbox startup screen, which also seems to be taking forever to complete.

15. Hi Hydro Skillet,

After I left my Xbox One on for a whole day it turned out my console is experiencing the E200 error. What should I do regarding to this?

Thema:

1. Xbox One takes way too long to boot up - Similar Threads - takes too long

2. Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...: It's Christmas eve, I've been away for months, I dusted it off. It could load disney plus slowly, but everything else, like prime video and Netflix, all games both disc and digital don't work. I...
  3. Xbox takes too long to start and times out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox takes too long to start and times out: Hi ive an xbox one which every game digital and disk won't load. It tries to load then times out and has an error message. I try this with each game and the same problem happens. Any help would be...
  4. Xbox save taking too long to sync - possibly related to Starfield

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox save taking too long to sync - possibly related to Starfield: Current status: Xbox console is on, all games are closed.Try to launch Starfield on PC or Cloud, and it tells me its taking too long to sync. The message is almost immediate, I choose keep trying...
  5. Xbox taking too long to sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox taking too long to sync: Recently i started getting this mensagem saying "your other Xbox is taking to long to sync" when i play starfield and if i select try again it Just Goes to the same message.How can i fix this?...
  6. Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?: I can't get my game going. 4b8537e1-f72a-45de-80b7-8029d9718e8f
  7. Connecting to a Party taking too long.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting to a Party taking too long.: When I join a party or someone joins me it takes me at least 15-30 seconds for it to connect to the party. I've tried resetting my router and my Xbox and it still does it....
  8. When I try to enter a map, the following message appears: "The display is taking too long...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to enter a map, the following message appears: "The display is taking too long...: When I try to enter a map, the following message appears: "The display is taking too long to load, Proceeding with world generation..." And it stays forever in this message. I left the game open...
  9. Syncing data taking too long to load anyone got a solution?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Syncing data taking too long to load anyone got a solution?: Hey I’ve been trying to play minecraft for a few weeks now but everyday my world quits it’s self and says “minecraft is unable to save your world we will redirect you to the main menu to clear...
  10. Xbox one takes too long error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one takes too long error: Xbox one I get error that start up takes to long error, logging takes too long error, loading an app takes to long error and trying to play a game takes too long error...