XBOX ONE takes over a minute to sign in then the NEW DASHBOARD APPEARS.

Discus and support XBOX ONE takes over a minute to sign in then the NEW DASHBOARD APPEARS. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good Morning to everyone, This is a very odd issue that has been going on since the new dashboard update in November. Every time I wake up the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GoruNova, Dec 30, 2015.

1. GoruNova
    GoruNova Guest

Good Morning to everyone,

This is a very odd issue that has been going on since the new dashboard update in November. Every time I wake up the Xbox one from sleep it shows my Icon, it says "HI MARIO" then it sits their on the ICON spinning for about a minute (sometimes longer). finally
    the Dash board appears. Let me to provide a little idea on how my network is set up in my apartment.

**** 1762G Modem Router connects to my new Linksys WRT 1900 ACS router which connects to a TP Link power line adapter that connects to the other TP Link power line adapter near by the Xbox one for a wired connection.

1. On my old Modem/Router I enabled port forwarding (thinking maybe its a connection issue) it would give me a NAT OPEN for a day or so, then back to MODERATE- All services are available.

2. I have purchased a separate Router ( LINKSYS WRT 1900 ACS) and enabled DMZ for the XBOX ONE and it still shows NAT MODERATE- all services available. I even tried port forwarding on this new router and still getting NAT MODERATE-All services available.

3. My PS4 and other consoles connected it shows NAT TYPE 2 (Moderate) and it has not one issue logging into the console.

My overall issue is that the Xbox one takes 1 minute or 2 to sign me in and then from that point everything else is fine and fast. I'm just concern that for a new interface it's being a bit of a pain for something as small as signing you in.

4. Oh yes before I forget, yes I have also turned the Xbox one off and on again with a few minutes before reboot.

My apologies for being a bit at length I'm just providing everything I have tried and considered. Any addition questions or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thank you all very much,

Mario (CryoNova 2501)

:)

GoruNova, Dec 30, 2015
  2. master_45
    master_45 Guest
    Anyone notice the sign in being slower since the update?

It's been hit and miss for me lately. Sometimes it's instant but a few times it's taking nearly a minute to sign-in. I figured it was either a network issue or a bug with the new dashboard. I'm sure a hotfix will correct this in time.

master_45, Dec 30, 2015
  3. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    I'm having problems with my Xbox one

IndieRock, Dec 30, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

You have two routers connected to your network? That is a very unreliable configuration. You will need to configure the ARRIS to bridge mode and let the Linksys handle the routing of the traffic. Don't worry about port forwarding just use UPnP. Once
    the configuration is setup like that let us know how it goes. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Dec 30, 2015
  5. GoruNova
    GoruNova Guest
    Thank you Genesis1953 my Arris router is in bridge mode (my apologies, forgot to mention that). I will try the UPnP setup and see if that works.

Many Thanks

Mario

GoruNova, Dec 30, 2015
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    No problem. Keep us updated. Good luck!

{Parity}, Dec 30, 2015
  7. mister blvck
    mister blvck Guest
    I have this same issue and I don't have nearly as complex a setup as this. My Xbox is hard lined straight to the router which is connected to the modem. My Xbox takes forever to start up but unlike the OP says, mine isn't fast and smooth once it logs in.
    Browsing through any apps such as HBO Go or Netflix is a complete hassle and it's making me dread even using the system for anything.

mister blvck, Dec 30, 2015
  8. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

DlpABzOLIC

Your problem is a little different than this. You should start your own thread so it can be addressed specifically.

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  9. {Parity} Win User

DlpABzOLIC

Your problem is a little different than this. You should start your own thread so it can be addressed specifically.
  10. {Parity} Win User

No problem. Keep us updated. Good luck!
  11. mister blvck Win User

I have this same issue and I don't have nearly as complex a setup as this. My Xbox is hard lined straight to the router which is connected to the modem. My Xbox takes forever to start up but unlike the OP says, mine isn't fast and smooth once it logs in.
    Browsing through any apps such as HBO Go or Netflix is a complete hassle and it's making me dread even using the system for anything.
  12. GoruNova Win User

Thank you Genesis1953 my Arris router is in bridge mode (my apologies, forgot to mention that). I will try the UPnP setup and see if that works.

Many Thanks

Mario
  13. {Parity} Win User

You have two routers connected to your network? That is a very unreliable configuration. You will need to configure the ARRIS to bridge mode and let the Linksys handle the routing of the traffic. Don't worry about port forwarding just use UPnP. Once
    the configuration is setup like that let us know how it goes. Good Luck!
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE takes over a minute to sign in then the NEW DASHBOARD APPEARS. - Similar Threads - takes minute sign

2. my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s: i cant load fortnite as when i turn it on it gets stuck on connecting screen and when i go in game aftrer 45 minutes it gets stuck loading in and out of the game like what the heck is this........
  3. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  4. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  5. My xbox 1 x takes 30 minutes on the xbox load screen and even after it done loading and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 1 x takes 30 minutes on the xbox load screen and even after it done loading and...: My xbox 1 x it has an issue it take 20 min on xbox load screen and 30 min after it's done loading it's a black screen and when I try to play anything the console sh uts off and idk what is the...
  6. Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi: My Xbox takes 10-30 minutes to connect to the internet. All other devices in the house are connected to the same WiFi and working. But everytime I get on my Xbox it can’t connect to the internet....
  7. what does my halo infinite star and take over 7 minutes in load first screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what does my halo infinite star and take over 7 minutes in load first screen?: i have already check every thing and continues load so slow, y was playing 1 week ago with no problem with 60 FPS and know each time that i open the game it load super slow over 7 minutes and the...
  8. My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to start then black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to start then black screen: My Xbox One takes at least 10 minutes to get past the startup screen and then it goes black I recently lost one of the cables to the Wi-Fi antenna and Bluetooth board could that have something to...
  9. My game is stuck saying "installing game services. This may take a minute" still doesn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game is stuck saying "installing game services. This may take a minute" still doesn't...: My game is stuck saying "installing game services. This may take a minute" still doesn't work after an hour. 05c2f4b9-ed46-4ab6-97a2-702399e5b7d2
  10. My Xbox has been taking around 10 minutes to get to the green screen and then another 50 to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox has been taking around 10 minutes to get to the green screen and then another 50 to...: Are there any fixes for this it’s been like this for a week 0524ad9f-eb7f-4111-84b7-6636842da61d