XbOX one suddenly cannot connect dhcp server then to the wifi

Discus and support XbOX one suddenly cannot connect dhcp server then to the wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a bit stuck here. I have been using the same router for weeks got dozens of hours playing destiny online with it. Today got an error message... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Modo44, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Modo44
    Modo44 Guest

Hi,

I'm a bit stuck here. I have been using the same router for weeks got dozens of hours playing destiny online with it.

Today got an error message that the xbox could not connect to the dhcp server. After restarting the router and the console numerous amount of time it still doesn't work. Now so times the xbox one tells me that he cannot even connect to the wifi and to
    check the network name and password. Then after a while it con next but then I'm back to the dhcp error. The Internet is fine as laptop, tablet and phone connect to the wifi and have internet fine. Tried to allocate a fix ip to the xbox but that did not help.
    Any suggestions?

:)

Modo44, Nov 2, 2014
  2. Cannot connect to xbox live PLEASE HELP

So im connecting to xbox live at my college using an ethernet cable. However, I have the ethernet cable hooked up from my xbox to my laptop. I have the wireless network that my laptop is connected to shared so that I can use the ethernet to connect my xbox
    one to wifi via the laptop's wifi. It had been working until suddenly, i dont know maybe i did something on an accident, but suddenly it stopped working and whenever i try to test the connection it says "Cant connect to your DHCP server"

Somebody please help.

NeitherPen86616, Nov 3, 2014
  3. oWEnB 06
    oWEnB 06 Guest
    My xbox wont let me connect to the internet and i have xbox live gold

Whenever i try to connect to the internet on my xbox one it says cannot connect to the dhcp server what shall i do?

oWEnB 06, Nov 3, 2014
  4. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest

Are you in the preview program, by any chance? I know they are having some networking issues at the moment in the current preview build.

Jaymo1978, Nov 3, 2014
  5. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    If you are participating in the preview program:

This is a known issue with the latest preview update.

Troubleshooting steps are provided in the preview forums right here:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1858421.aspx

Most common workaround is having Kinect unplugged to get the WiFi back working.

Please post there if you are part of the program to help to get this issue solved. Thxs for your understanding.

BobMcFly247, Nov 3, 2014
  6. Modo44
    Modo44 Guest
    Thanks both. I did some more research and found out later that was linked to the new preview update issue. And indeed for a strange reason unplugging the kinect solved the problem.

Modo44, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Modo44 Win User

Thanks both. I did some more research and found out later that was linked to the new preview update issue. And indeed for a strange reason unplugging the kinect solved the problem.
  8. Jaymo1978 Win User

Are you in the preview program, by any chance? I know they are having some networking issues at the moment in the current preview build.
  9. BobMcFly247 Win User

If you are participating in the preview program:

This is a known issue with the latest preview update.

Troubleshooting steps are provided in the preview forums right here:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1858421.aspx

Most common workaround is having Kinect unplugged to get the WiFi back working.

Please post there if you are part of the program to help to get this issue solved. Thxs for your understanding.
  10. SP Rhino Win User

Nat Help Please

Xbox now using wired connection and now message says cannot connect to your dhcp server ??????
  11. CINDYPRITCHARD Win User

xbox will not connect to wireless internet

I can connect to the wifi on all other devices and it's a 2.4 it shows a message that says cant connect to your DHCP server
Thema:

1. XbOX one suddenly cannot connect dhcp server then to the wifi - Similar Threads - suddenly cannot connect

2. suddenly cannot load M/soft solitaire and casual games. Played for years, premium subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    suddenly cannot load M/soft solitaire and casual games. Played for years, premium subscription: cannot load m/soft solitaire and casual games. Played for years as premium subscriber 19f666b3-f25a-4fba-a417-19341ca12945
  3. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. Every character cannot sign in. It...: Hello all. My Xbox 360 all of a sudden can't connect to xbox live. No characters can sign in. The Xbox is connected to the internet but always fails the Xbox live connection test. Our other Xbox...
  4. Paid for Minecraft, but suddenly refunded the money and now cannot repurchase (Trouble...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for Minecraft, but suddenly refunded the money and now cannot repurchase (Trouble...: Hi there, As said in the title, I recently bought minecraft and have been playing it for a couple days. Suddenly, I get an email that I was refunded the cost for minecraft, and when I tried to...
  5. All of a sudden I cannot log into my account, it says fix it at account.live.com but that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    All of a sudden I cannot log into my account, it says fix it at account.live.com but that...: All of a sudden I cannot log into my account, it says fix it at account.live.com but that says the site it unavailable! de81d1e7-f229-4fbc-910c-ca62f1d62ca5
  6. Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden: About a week or two ago, I noticed that any downloads through the Xbox app on Windows were failing and giving me a "see error for details" link. When I click the popup I get a "something...
  7. All of a sudden cannot sign into xbox live

in XboX Insiders
    All of a sudden cannot sign into xbox live: I just got xbox live last night after a couple years, and I had no problem signing in before this. Also just got the new COD so I'm eager to play. I've done a hard restart twice, unplugged xbox...
  8. My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers.: My son all of a sudden cannot be heard on his headset but he can hear other gamers. I have tried 2 other brandnew headsets and the result was the same. can anyone help as it is driving him nuts...
  9. All of a sudden cannot connect to internet???

in XBoX on Consoles
    All of a sudden cannot connect to internet???: Okay, so: I recently started college and have brought my xbox 360 with me. I had registered it with my school's Wifi but it would not connect and support from there didn't help me. Luckily, my...
  10. Cannot connect to Xbox one live all of a sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox one live all of a sudden: i have never had this problem before and now randomly my Xbox one refuses to connect with error message: We couldn't sign you in. Try again in a few minutes, or check your account by signing in...