Xbox one stuttering DVD playback

Discus and support Xbox one stuttering DVD playback in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; DVD's will play but they jerk and stutter and make it unwatchable. From what I've read it's the bluray player app that is faulty as users world wide... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AccidentallyTim, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Xbox one stuttering DVD playback

DVD's will play but they jerk and stutter and make it unwatchable.

From what I've read it's the bluray player app that is faulty as users world wide have the same issue.

Never heard of it happening on PS.

Thanks for the mega let down.

No it is not the dics, all are new and work fine on my PC and on stand alone players that friends own.

Yes my Xbox is up to date and always online.

Yes I have searched for hours to a solution and the only one I can find is what I've mentioned above, the bluray player software is faulty.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as trading my One for a PS is not an option because of how much $ I will lose on a trade in

:)

AccidentallyTim, Aug 19, 2018
  2. CORBENDEN
    CORBENDEN Guest
    CORBENDEN, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Cheski
    Cheski Guest
    Xbox One: Blu-ray and DVD movies

I would check out the Xbox page for Blu-ray playback regarding regions. But yes, your Xbox One can certainly play DVD and Blu-ray movies.

Cheski, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Xbox one stuttering DVD playback

Rick Rorschach, Aug 19, 2018
  5. Rick Rorschach Win User

well, Mike Ybarra is aware of the problem..

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/685183761089040384

I can't say if an update is coming soon, but at least you know that xbox is aware of the stuttering

you could also try the solutions mentioned on this page

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/stuttering-video
  6. CORBENDEN Win User

Vudu and Amazon Video having problems since the New Xbox One Update. "Judder" or "Stutter" like effect when videos are playing on these two apps.

7. XBF-Spartan Win User

Series X DVD Stutter Playback

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! Is the stuttering happening at a certain point or through the entire movie? Also are the DVDs store bought or are they homemade DVDs?
  8. NonSportsGirl Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

The reason I prefer the 360 over the One for DVD playback is the media remote. The one for the 360 can operate my TV and DVD playback. By contrast the One media remote is very limited and parts only work when pointed at the Kinect.

Also what utter nonsense that the One is not designed for DVD playback. if it were not then it wouldn't even be able to play them, as it wouldn't have the diode in the drive.
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox classic

Hi, the original Xbox required a dvd playback kit to play dvd's. It was basically a small piece of hardware with a remote control, which you plugged into one of the controller ports which would then let you play dvd's. If you have not got this, then that
    is why you cannot play them on that console. The dvd playback kit looks like this.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Xbox one stuttering DVD playback - Similar Threads - stuttering DVD playback

2. Audio stutter when streaming

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Audio stutter when streaming: Hi, I play on the Xbox series s and stream directly to twitch from console and there's always been audio stutter. It's intermittent throughout the stream. My internet connection and speed is...
  3. Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?: since I purchased a series X last December I have experienced sound stutter when viewing videos on YouTube via the App. I have tried sending a Report A Problem for this issue ,but because it is...
  4. Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.

in XBoX on Windows
    Playing gamepass on my gaming laptop keeps stuttering.: Hi guys! I have an issue with my gaming laptop. When I play gamepass cloud games or installed on my ssd it stutters really bad and cannot play games at all. I was able to before but ever since I...
  5. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  6. Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs: Hello , so I’ve been having a problem with my mouse stuttering when doing small inputs. I found this article with a lot of views clearly showing people have the same issue. I’ve done everything...
  7. Every Game Stutters On My New PC RTX 4060 i5-12400F

in XBoX on Windows
    Every Game Stutters On My New PC RTX 4060 i5-12400F: Hi, I got my new pc a month ago and i noticed that in every game I turn on I have the same issue. In every game i have good FPS but everytime it drops like 5-10 fps and it makes my game stutter. I...
  8. Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games on my hdd stuttering constantly?: I understand this isn't necessarily microsofts products but I thought this would be a good place to go. Games on my Hdd are extremely slow and keep stuttering. It's a brand new hdd. Seagate...
  9. My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine

in XboX Insiders
    My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine: I bought a new headset and controller to try to tackle this issue and the controller definitely did reduce the occurrence yet it still happens where my audio keeps on stuttering really badly at...
  10. Series X DVD Stutter Playback

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X DVD Stutter Playback: Having an issue where the picture stutters on playback (audio is fine) on a standard DVD (Not blu ray) Using included HDMI, and console is only a couple of weeks old. TV is 4K60hz. Works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. play dvd on xbox one without stuttering