Xbox One stuck on green start up screen

Discus and support Xbox One stuck on green start up screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My husband's friend is having an issue where his Xbox One gets stuck on the start up screen. He has factory reset it many times but it doesn't help.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SavPMA, Jun 21, 2023.

1. SavPMA
    SavPMA Guest

My husband's friend is having an issue where his Xbox One gets stuck on the start up screen. He has factory reset it many times but it doesn't help. What can he do?

:)

SavPMA, Jun 21, 2023
  2. RageRiguez Win User

XBOX ONE STUCK ON GREEN SCREEN! HELP!

It didnt work for me, my console is still stuck on the Xbox One start up green screen
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

xbox one wont load past green screen

Hello Preston,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox One is stuck on a green screen after you turn it on. A console that is stuck on the green screen during start up is usually an indication of an issue with a system update. We have a
    support article that provides troubleshooting for an
    Xbox One that's stuck on a green screen
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    Preston!
  4. XBF Lance J Win User

Stuck on Green Start up screen

Hey Big Mike,

Thank you for reaching out. If you haven't already, I want you to try accessing the troubleshooting menu by doing the following:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    You will be given 4 different options, make sure to select "Reset this Xbox." You will be given the options to either delete everything or keep your games and apps, select the latter. Let us know if this helps! :D
  5. pawncrackers Win User

Stuck on Green Start up screen

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your console woes.. Please take a look at this page and see if the solution helps. I have had positive results from this method. :)

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

If the problem persists, please feel free to reach out again, and our community will be more than happy to help.

Happy Holidays! :)

L
  6. JCampey Win User

Preparing console... *FREEZES DURING UPDATE*

If you're stuck in the green screen, after rebooting from a stuck preview update, try a cold reboot. Press the Xbox logo, so the Xbox switches off, then switch off power supply. Leave it for a few minutes, then start it up. It worked for me, but stayed on
    the green screen for about 10 minutes before finally starting proper. Hope that helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox One stuck on green start up screen - Similar Threads - stuck green start

2. My Xbox One keeps getting stuck on green screen on start up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One keeps getting stuck on green screen on start up.: Why does my Xbox One keep getting stuck on green screen as it starts up after power off state? I have been facing this issue around a month after i bought the unit (second hand) about 6 months...
  3. So my Xbox was stuck on the green start up screen done a fully factory reset and now it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox was stuck on the green start up screen done a fully factory reset and now it’s...: Been trying to get my Xbox to start up for the past 5 hours and it will just not work. It got stuck on the green screen I restarted it many times but no luck. I even unplugged waited a few hours...
  4. Xbox stuck on green start up screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox stuck on green start up screen: I’ve had my Xbox One digital for about a year, had no problems with until I tried to restart my console through the menu (to try fix my internet connection). Now it takes much longer than usual on...
  5. Xbox One stuck on green start up screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One stuck on green start up screen.: My Xbox One recently started giving me problems. I take very good care of it, so im confused whats happening. When i go to start it up it is stuck on green screen. Makes start up sound and...
  6. My Xbox one is stuck on the green start up screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one is stuck on the green start up screen: when I turn on my Xbox one it just stays on the green start up screen. I have done all the trouble shooting steps, turned it off, held the power button, UN plug the power pack, not sure what to do...
  7. My xbox one is stuck on green screen on start up, Can anyone help please

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one is stuck on green screen on start up, Can anyone help please: I have tried all the on line methods, they did not fix the issue. I am still stuck with the green screen, does anyone have any workable solutions please. 6afc91f0-59a2-482e-aa0b-c1d14ccb20b0
  8. Stuck on green start up screen after frozen update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck on green start up screen after frozen update: An update froze on me whilst applying. I left it 8ish hours and was still frozen. Turned off console and am now stuck on green start up screen. Help. 291a5033-6d34-44b2-a83f-345f8e7de6e8
  9. Remains stuck on green start up screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remains stuck on green start up screen: I have been in contact with support and was told to manually update system because it was getting hung up on green start up screen. Did that and continues to do that. Did get E203 error code...
  10. Xbox One stuck at green start up screen after New Xbox Experience download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One stuck at green start up screen after New Xbox Experience download: I am in the xbox preview program. When i tried to download the new xbox experience my xbox one turn off. I turned on my xbox one and it just sits at the green screen with the three dots that load....