XBOX ONE still can be better despite the updates!

Discus and support XBOX ONE still can be better despite the updates! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; -@Fatal... Not cold, just ignorant How so? Explain what part I got wrong. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by U N I F l E D, Mar 18, 2014.

  1. XBOX ONE still can be better despite the updates!


    -@Fatal... Not cold, just ignorant

    How so? Explain what part I got wrong.
     
    Fatalshock8912, Mar 18, 2014
    #16
  2. I actually tried hard to use Kinect when i got the X1, I gave it about 3-4 weeks until I got that fed up that I finally turned it off. I can see why some people like it, but to me it just turned out to be nothing more
    than a gimmick. I have seen people say "pin it to the home screen" so many times, my pins just look a jumbled mess after pinning a ton of things there. Hopefully ms will eventually find a happy medium and make it perfect for both kinect and controller use's.



    I was almost in the same boat as you... but it has improved somewhat with the recent updates. Still, I don't use it as much as probably most people here who like it, but in cases
    where it would take multiple button commands and navigating through more than one 'screen' to get to what you're after, I find it much easier than the alternative. I'd say it might be worth turning it back on and giving it another try after a few more updates.
     
    A Blue Illusion, Mar 18, 2014
    #17
  3. @Goat, out of curiosity, what kinds of problems did you have with it?
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 18, 2014
    #18
  4. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

    XBOX ONE still can be better despite the updates!

    If I was home I'd be playing "Titanfall" on my XBox ONE instead of reading about you complaining.

    "Titanfall" is the answer.
     
    Azrael008uk, Mar 18, 2014
    #19
  5. As of now you can arrange Pins however you please! Just because it takes a bit of strategy as of now too get them where you want does not mean one can not.

    Simple highlight tile, press menu button and select move to front.

    This is something the dev team is aware of and looking to implement improvements in the future!

    Give them time with it as well as that is not really all that serious.
     
    Listed mia 510, Mar 18, 2014
    #20
  6. I don't use Kinect! Don't get me I like it for Kinect bowling. Other than that I use it for the code option and recording vids,but I just wish it was easier and quicker like 360. I am happy with my X1 I have two of them even. I was just stating what in
    my OPINION would like to see fixed or changed!
     
    U N I F l E D, Mar 18, 2014
    #21
  7. I respect that to the fullest. It is something you are entitled to.

    Try leaving feedback and wishes in the XboxLive Wishlist/FeedBack section though. General discussion is not monitored by xbox live.
     
    Listed mia 510, Mar 18, 2014
    #22
  8. Fye Nikka
    Fye Nikka Guest

    XBOX ONE still can be better despite the updates!

    The Xbox One is designed to continually get better with time as updates and optimizations for the console are developed and rolled out. The system has a life span of market shelves of 8 -10 years. So sit back and test the system while identifying the bugs/fixes
    and MS will address them in a timely fashion. You have quite a while and a few more releases before the system UI is at full functionality. As usual THANK YOU for choosing XBOX ONE and GAME ON BUDDY...! LMAO
     
    Fye Nikka, Mar 18, 2014
    #23
  9. TwitchingBug
    TwitchingBug Guest
    Text bubbles lol. I find the kinect really easy to use, hear lately that's how i been switching apps, "xbox go to youtube, xbox go to battlefield4" pretty simple and easy if you ask me. Only feature that I'm really missing is the true DLNA and playing music
    in the background and NOT snapped. I personally wouldn't want the 360 guide back.
     
    TwitchingBug, Mar 18, 2014
    #24
  10. The other day I received a code from Xbox Live that allowed me to download a feedback app. This app allows me to leave feedback that goes directly to the development team through my Xbox One & even enables me to send them screenshots. Lately, I've been sending
    them numerous improvement suggestions. One of them had to do with the pins.

    I suggested that they should have a "move pin" contextual option under the menu when you press the menu button after highlighting a pin. Once you select it, 4 arrows will appear surrounding the outside of the pin, 1 on each side, pointing away from the pin.
    Simply press left, right, up, or down on the directional pad or joystick to move the pin to the desired location. Once done, you can either press A to "accept" or B to "cancel" - which will have on-screen prompts at the bottom of the screen. This way you don't
    have to organize everything in a certain order or have to start over if you mess up. The tiles will simply shift from place to place based on where you move the current pin. Easy & intuitive IMO.

    What do you guys think?
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 18, 2014
    #25
  11. Goatsnatcher
    Goatsnatcher Guest
    @Fatal. There is also a controller in the box, isn't that still as/more important as kinect? I know some of you guy's are fanatical about the X1, and you really hate seeing anything negative about it. I just want the console to be as suited to a controller
    as it is to kinect.

    .

    @GG. It's not exactly that I find kinect difficult to use. I just don't enjoy using, I don't really like talking to my tv and would rather not. I remember playing BF4 and hearing people shouting commands at kinect and then getting mad because it wasn't doing
    as they asked, they just sounded so stupid, they had now idea people could hear them.
     
    Goatsnatcher, Mar 18, 2014
    #26
  12. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    the UI is a simplified version of the 360, how is it massively different, it is tiles based, side scrolling, on the 360 it took longer to find the game you wanted for a start.
     
    Farscape247, Mar 18, 2014
    #27
  13. XBOX ONE still can be better despite the updates!

    @Goat, was it that they didn't realize people could hear them or was it that they didn't care?
     
    Galactic Geek, Mar 18, 2014
    #28
  14. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    [quote user="A Blue Illusion"]

    QFT... but wait, that would mean you'd have to push the guide button once to go to your home screen AND SCROLL ONE SCREEN to the left to get to your pins screen,
    then select the redeem code... wait, how dare you simplify the process!? >.<

    [/quote]

    On the 360, to redeem code Press Middle Button > move tab to the left > scroll down to redeem code

    on the XO to redeem code Press Middel Button > move tab to the right (your pins) > click redeem code

    or Press Middle button, move tab to the right and Press Game > move to the right and hit redeem code,

    or say Xbox Redeem Code

    You have 3 options on the xbox one, ontop of that if you get the code in QR format you don't even have to enter the code you put it into, you can scan the code.

    How are any of those options more complicated than the 360, anyone complain about the UI, simply hasn't put the time in to learning it, its very very simple, just different. Its not going back to the 360 UI so get used to it and stop moaning, or come up
    with an idea on what you would be happy with, its not going back to the 360.
     
    EnenDaveyBoy, Mar 18, 2014
    #29
  15. @EnenDavey... Read the majority of my post(s), put them in context... and then go look up the word 'sarcasm'. I wasn't moaning about anything with that particular comment, slow down and actually read. I'm just as tired of hearing people complain about it.

    @Goatsnatcher, That is actually one of a few things I wish there was a way to address. It does get really annoying having to listen to a lobby full of people in TF, all talking to their Xbox. Xbox, snap party... invite... Xbox, record that... Xbox, unsnap...

    As GG already touched on... I doubt it has much to do with them not knowing they can be heard. I more think it's that they just don't care. I at least have the courtesy to use the mute button when I'm using the voice command(s).
     
    A Blue Illusion, Mar 20, 2014
    #30
Thema:

XBOX ONE still can be better despite the updates!

Loading...
  1. XBOX ONE still can be better despite the updates! - Similar Threads - still better despite

  2. Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them: I checked the omega ring patch notes this morning and it said mythic achievements were available however i have updated my console and still nothing is there can someone explain this to me...
  3. Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?: I just got my first Mythic Achievement on PC, in the game INSIDE. Even though the achievement popped up during gameplay, it’s still not showing as available on my profile (and it’s not showing up...
  4. I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update: Basically, I was in the Xbox Insider Program years ago, and I joined again when I found out Mythic Achievements had been added. I’m in the Delta ring, but I still haven’t received the update. Is...
  5. 1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?

    in XboX Insiders
    1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?: I’ve been trying to understand how to get the newly updated Remote Play to actually show at 1440p across many different test devices to no avail. I see the updated options, I can check the 1440p...
  6. Insider since mid August and still no disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider since mid August and still no disc to digital: am I the only one? is there something I am doing wrong? I’m level 3 omega and haven’t had an update come to my console since 8/19. Ive been celebrating disc to digital for almost a month before it...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...

    in XboX Insiders
    To this day I am still unable to download the xbox insider hub, it just gets stuck at 0%...: Ive tried Restarting my console Downloading the bundle instead of the independent app Downloading something else first submitted by /u/Uneasiermoon [link] [comments]
  9. Smite Better With Friends 500 myVIP gems still not received.

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Smite Better With Friends 500 myVIP gems still not received.: I made a post about this over a month ago and just a day or two ago you guys allegedly solved the problem and resent the reward email to the address I provided. Problem is that I still have not...
  10. "Hitman" is still great and only getting better.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    "Hitman" is still great and only getting better.: So it's a little bit of a weird way to introduce your game. "We'll give you the first chapter... and keep adding locations and missions as the months go by". But... it did allow them to offer...