Xbox One Stereo Headset plastic cracked, how to replace?

Discus and support Xbox One Stereo Headset plastic cracked, how to replace? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, Having troubles finding the information on the Support site. The plastic above the mic just cracked, leaving that side to be floppy, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Idasiv, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Idasiv
    Idasiv Guest

Hi there,

Having troubles finding the information on the Support site. The plastic above the mic just cracked, leaving that side to be floppy, the headset no longer sits properly on my head.

Wanted to look into length of warranty and about getting it replaced, but the only thing I found directs me to the Online Service Center page. However from what I can tell, you can't register a Stereo Headset because there is no unique Serial to it? I remember
    trying to add the headset and a controller a while back and none of the numbers on the box or on the product worked as the Serial.

Is calling the only option? How long is the warranty?

Thank you for any help provided.

:)

Idasiv, Oct 21, 2015
  2. Xbox stereo headset breaking

I have gone through 2 xbox stereo headsets and both of them broke in the exact same spot in the exact same way. They both broke 5-6 months after purchasing them. The right side of the headset, the plastic part, cracked and is extremely sharp, anyone else
    having this problem?

HazelDevotee5, Oct 21, 2015
  3. DangerousBard, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Xbox One Stereo Headset plastic cracked, how to replace?

Hey there Idasiv!

Sorry to hear about the issue! First of all, each accessory will have a 90 day accessory warranty period. If you are still within the 90 day warranty period, you can request a replacement through our Online
    Service center
    . The serial number that you would need to provide for the warranty would be your console's serial number. If you are still unable to request a replacement, I suggest reaching out to phone support from out Contact
    Us
    page for further assistance. Thanks!

Mister Quimby, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Tayanita
    Tayanita Guest
    I have an identical issue with this same headset at the original post. This is obviously a technical design flaw in the physical build of the plastic. it was a tension break from fatigue. sadly I am out side the 90 day period. i've had this for 1/2 a year.
    So sad that the quality on the product is so poor, especially since this is an Xbox product.

Tayanita, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Tayanita Win User

I have an identical issue with this same headset at the original post. This is obviously a technical design flaw in the physical build of the plastic. it was a tension break from fatigue. sadly I am out side the 90 day period. i've had this for 1/2 a year.
    So sad that the quality on the product is so poor, especially since this is an Xbox product.
  7. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there Idasiv!

Sorry to hear about the issue! First of all, each accessory will have a 90 day accessory warranty period. If you are still within the 90 day warranty period, you can request a replacement through our Online
    Service center
    . The serial number that you would need to provide for the warranty would be your console's serial number. If you are still unable to request a replacement, I suggest reaching out to phone support from out Contact
    Us
    page for further assistance. Thanks!
  8. Tomesso Win User

Controller not working

Hi,

If your Xbox One Stereo Headset isn’t functioning correctly, check the following:

• Have you updated your controller’s software to support the Stereo Headset Adapter?
    • Make sure your controller has fresh batteries. When the batteries get weak, some controller functions, such as audio and rumble, are turned off to conserve the remaining power.
    • Make sure your Headset Adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your Stereo Headset’s 3.5-mm cable is securely plugged into the Headset Adapter. You will know it’s plugged in properly if you press the mute button and the LED lights up.
    • Try your Xbox One Stereo Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox
      Online Service Center
    • Try your Stereo Headset and Stereo Headset Adapter on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try updating
      the first controller
      again. If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online Service Center .

Cheers
  9. XBF Crystal P Win User

mic

Hi there Tazzie,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with a headset and sound. To help clarify, are you seeing a mute icon on your homepage when the headset is connected?

I recommend to try this:

• Try your Xbox One Stereo Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the
      Xbox Online Service Center.
    • Try your Stereo Headset and Stereo Headset Adapter on another controller, if you can.
    • If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controlleragain.
    • If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the
      Xbox Online Service Center.

Hope this helps.
  10. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Xbox one headsets cut out

Mad Squirrel JN,

Are you using a wireless or wired headset?

Try some of these solutions listed below:

Stereo Headset isn’t working

If your Xbox One Stereo Headset isn’t functioning correctly, check the following:

• Have you updated your controller’s software to support the Stereo Headset Adapter?
    • Make sure your controller has fresh batteries. When the batteries get weak, some controller functions, such as audio and rumble, are turned off to conserve the remaining power.
    • Make sure your Headset Adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your Stereo Headset’s 3.5-mm cable is securely plugged into the Headset Adapter. You will know it’s plugged in properly if you press the mute button and the LED lights up.
    • Try your Xbox One Stereo Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox
      Online Service Center
    • Try your Stereo Headset and Stereo Headset Adapter on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try updating
      the first controller
      again. If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online Service Center .
Thema:

1. Xbox One Stereo Headset plastic cracked, how to replace? - Similar Threads - Stereo Headset plastic

2. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  3. Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?: I have someone in my home looking for a headset who also happens to be very allergic to latex. Does the official Xbox Stereo Headset contain latex? c5a10a76-df97-40ac-80dc-a1361efea164
  4. xbox stereo headset echo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox stereo headset echo: i just bought the xbox stereo headset the wired one and my friend says that he can hear himself because of the echo my TV was muted and I really don't want to refund the headset because its...
  5. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  6. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  7. Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...: I lost my donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Xbox Wireless Stereo Headset with Noise Cancelling Microphone, I already contacted pdp support and haven’t gotten an answer, just wondering where I can...
  8. Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello, I tried to use my new Xbox Wireless Headset, already appaired to my series X, on my computer (using bluetooth). Most of the time everything work fine. The two devices are connected...
  9. I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...: I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter is very expensive, so I don't want to buy it, so I'm interested in a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter cable. I...
  10. I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...: I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter is very expensive, so I'm interested in a converter cable. I have a question though Would this work?...