Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic is producing Static or Doesn't hear anything at all

Discus and support Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic is producing Static or Doesn't hear anything at all in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It seems that I keep getting told that my mic is producing static noise/ Crackling noises or sometimes my mic doesn't hear me. Please help if you know... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DGC BA2210 CL, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic is producing Static or Doesn't hear anything at all

It seems that I keep getting told that my mic is producing static noise/ Crackling noises or sometimes my mic doesn't hear me. Please help if you know of fix./

I have tired various fixes:

Unplug Adapter From controller

Restarted Console

Restarted Controller

:)

DGC BA2210 CL, Apr 29, 2015
  2. spiderwasp
    spiderwasp Guest
    Headset Mic/Chat Problem?

Hello All

I have a problem with my headset mic/chat as cannot hear anything I say via the mic. I am using the xbox one stereo adapter and also a gamecon 388 headset and a startech splitter and everything is setup as it should be.

I tried party chat and the mic seems to be being heard/picked up via the xbox as the edge around my profile picture lights up every time I say anything, yet I cannot hear my voice at all.

In games I can hear background music and effects sounds all fine, yet cannot hear myself chat.

Is their anyway I can get this working correctly?

cheers

spiderwasp, Apr 29, 2015
  3. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    Broken mics

Is it the standard Xbox one mic or the xbox one stereo headset?

Auswulf, Apr 29, 2015
  4. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest

Hey there ba2210,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. Let's try out some troubleshooting steps to see if we can get your headset to play nicely with your Xbox One.

• Power cycle your Xbox One console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds.
    • Update your Xbox One controller with your headset adapter attached.
    • Make sure your controller has fresh batteries.
    • Make sure your headset adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your headset's 3.5mm cable is securely plugged into the headset adapter.
    • Try your headset with another device (Like a cell phone) to see if the issue continues to occur.
    • Try your headset and headset adapter with another controller. (Make sure the additional controller has been updated)
    If after you try out these steps I listed above and the issue still persists, I would suggest posting what's happening on your end over in this thread, as that is the place we are gathering more information from users who are experiencing this. Thanks in
    advance!

Miss Diggz, Apr 30, 2015
  5. Daqpanda
    Daqpanda Guest
    Hello, I am having this same problem. I tried all the steps suggested, and it still has the problem. I have tried it with the same adapter in my phone and computer with no issues. I have also tried both of my controllers, and bought a new one hoping that
    was my problem, but it still had the static sound. It does not happen when I have my mic cord unplugged, but my headset cord plugged in. It only started happening to me in the last few weeks. Any insight you have be would be appreciated. Thanks!

Daqpanda, Oct 12, 2018
  6. Hey there Daqpanda!

If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you!

XBF Esteban R, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: