XBOX One Stereo Headset - Can't hear chat

Discus and support XBOX One Stereo Headset - Can't hear chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please help - this is maddening. With XBOX One Stereo Headset: I can hear game sounds Others can hear me I can't hear others when in a party But... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hugh JackAXE, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Hugh JackAXE
    Hugh JackAXE Guest

Please help - this is maddening.

With XBOX One Stereo Headset:

• I can hear game sounds
    • Others can hear me
    • I can't hear others when in a party
    • But some people I can hear just fine when not in a party (sometimes)
    • I can hear my friends int he party for like half a second when I plug in headset then it cuts out
    • I can hear them through the tv...but when I plug in headset that stops also
    But the simple headset that came with xbox one works fine.

Headset worked fine...then the above problems started...then it worked....then problems again.

I've tried:

• I've updated the controller
    • My NAT is Open (seemed like it worked when my NAT was strict)
    • I tried putting xbox into DMZ
    • forwarding all ports as per port forwarding
    • Associated controller to user profile
    • Bought a brand new headset and returned old...same exact symptoms
    What is so odd is that it seemed to work when I had a strict NAT....I fixed the strict NAT by using static IP and forwarding ports. I have consistent Open NAT.

Also so odd that when I plug it in it works for 1 second and then cuts out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

-HughJackAxe

:)

Hugh JackAXE, Nov 11, 2015
  2. Xbox one mic stopped working

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the chat issues, I can definitely understand how frustrating that could be. Just to clarify, what headset are you experiencing the issue with? The Xbox One chat headset or the Xbox One stereo headset? If you are using the Xbox One
    chat headset, a good start would be trying the steps included on our Xbox One Chat Headset Troubleshooting Page. If you are using the Xbox One stereo headset,
    check out our Xbox One Stereo Headset Troubleshooting Page for some helpful steps.

I also recommend trying your headset with a different controller to see if the issue continues to occur. Give the steps listed in our troubleshooting pages a try if you haven't already and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Mister Quimby, Nov 11, 2015
  3. More headset and controller issue's

Yes. Same problem, yet restarting xbox one has no effect.

I can't chat in party or game with oem chat headset and i recently purchased the headset adapter and the official xbox stereo headset, same problem. I can hear people in party and game chat, yet they can't hear me.

My controller is updated.

I first had this issue during the titanfall beta...in a match, everything's good, i can hear friends and they can hear me, out of the blue they can't hear me anymore. Hasn't worked since.

I've tried everything, no effect. My new controller arrives today. maybe it's a controller issue. I'll let everyone know.

SamuelGurschick, Nov 11, 2015
  4. iMAC Toursal
    iMAC Toursal Guest

I was suspended for one day via Communication 11/4/15 my suspension was uplift on 11/5/15 I am now having Communication issues it seems like it's my headset wire but Xbox live customer service said its from my suspension. How can I fix this issue?

iMAC Toursal, Nov 11, 2015
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    {Parity}, Nov 11, 2015
  6. Hey there Hugh JackAXE and iMAC Toursal!

Sorry to hear about the issue! If you are experiencing chat issues after receiving a communications suspension, please go ahead and make a post in the thread that Genesis1953 has provided above. We are currently looking into that specific issue there.

If you have not previously received a communications suspension, I recommend trying your headset with a different controller if possible. Also, if you haven't already, I suggest plugging your controller in with a USB cable to see if the issue continues.
    Be sure to let us know the results after completing the steps. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Nov 12, 2015
  7. Hugh JackAXE
    Hugh JackAXE Guest
    Hi Mr. Quimby,

To clarify - I have never had one of those communication bans. Not sure why iMac chimed in on that.

I went and bought a new controller, one of the new ones with a 3.5mm jack. Mixed Results.

With the xbox stereo headset - plugged in via the adapter I get the same results as above.

With the headset plugged in directly to the 3.5mm jack I can hear and be heard when in a party but not when I'm not in a party. That's at least better than it was.

Also strange that with the new controller the standard headset does not work.

Tonight, I will try plugging in directly via the USB cable, I'm assuming I plug into the port which I use to update the controller.

Hugh JackAXE, Nov 14, 2015
  8. ACID TRAPMAN
    ACID TRAPMAN Guest

I also have the exact same problem I've tried all suggestions and nothing works. I think the option of chat audio playing through both headset and TV simultaneously should come back too like on the 360.

ACID TRAPMAN, Nov 14, 2015
  9. Hugh JackAXE
    Hugh JackAXE Guest
    I can now chat with most people via my new controller and a headset plugged directly into the 3.5 mm jack with no adaptor.

But, I cannot speak with my friend in either party chat or game chat. He has two xboxes connected. Perhaps that is the problem?

Hugh JackAXE, Nov 15, 2015
  10. Hugh JackAXE
    Hugh JackAXE Guest
    I think I'm fixed.

I unplugged my network cable to switch to the wireless connection and this seems to work. When wired, my xbox uses a static IP address ending in .98. My wireless IP address is dynamic and was assigned at .101

What could have fixed this?

Was the static IP Address the problem?

Was it the fact that the last octet had only 2 digits?

Or is it related to using wireless instead of wired?

Hugh JackAXE, Nov 18, 2015
  11. alias8700
    alias8700 Guest
    Having the exact same issue. Your description is spot on! I'll try using a wireless connection to see if it changes anything. Someone else also suggested assigning the controller to a guest account and then back to your account.

alias8700, Nov 18, 2015
  12. Hugh JackAXE
    Hugh JackAXE Guest
    My system is now working consistently with the stereo headset plugged in directly to the 3.5 mm jack. It works intermittently with the adapter.

It works with wired or wireless. I reset my router back to default. UPnP enabled, no port forwarding, no static IP Address.

I suspect that either the static IP Address or the fact that the ip address was less than .100 was the problem.

Any validation of those theories is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hugh JackAXE, Nov 21, 2015
  13. alias8700
    alias8700 Guest

I haven't been able to get it to work by reassigning the controller. Have yet to try the wireless network. Will update as soon as i've tried that. Unfortunately for me i don't have the newer controller with the 3.5mm jack, only the adapter.

alias8700, Nov 23, 2015
  14. alias8700
    alias8700 Guest
    Switching between wireless and wired didn't solve the problem for me XBOX One Stereo Headset - Can't hear chat :(

alias8700, Nov 25, 2015
  15. Hugh JackAXE
    Hugh JackAXE Guest
    Yes. Wireless was a red herring. I am now able to basically work both wired and wireless but there is still a problem.

I can chat with most people, but with one person it doesn't work unless I use the 3.5 mm jack and we are inparty chat. I started a different thread specific to that problem.

Hugh JackAXE, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: