Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...

Discus and support Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Subject is self explanatory of my issue. To get in specifics, here is what I tried: First off, I used the Chat Headset that shipped with my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DarkBladeSpy, Jul 11, 2015.

1. DarkBladeSpy
    DarkBladeSpy Guest

Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...

The Subject is self explanatory of my issue. To get in specifics, here is what I tried:

First off, I used the Chat Headset that shipped with my console for over 2 years. The mic started to not work, but I could still hear others. (Nobody complained about Static or anything.)

FOR CHAT HEADSET TROUBLESHOOTING

- I have made sure that the headset's mic was not muted.

- I have disconnected the headset and firmly reconnected it.

-I have power cycled my console.

-I have tried using it on different controllers.

And after that, I assumed that it was natural wear and tear of the product. Later, I upgraded to an Xbox one Stereo Headset. I plugged it in, hoping it was fully functional, I was hopeful since the game audio was playing fine. When I opened a new Party
    to test the mic, It still was not picking up audio.

FOR STEREO HEADSET TROUBLESHOOTING

- I have tried the procedures above.

-I tried restoring my console to Factory Defaults.

-I have tried to check my NAT type, It said it was Open.

-I checked to see if any dirt or debris was in the stereo headset converter or the Headset itself.

-I have tried changing my privacy settings on my profile so everyone could hear me.

-I have tried re-assigning the controllers I use to my profile.

-I checked to see if UPnP was enabled for my router and console.

A apologize if there is any similar topics to this one. I just did not turn up any answers I have not tried. Can anyone please help me with this issue?

:)

DarkBladeSpy, Jul 11, 2015
  2. XBOX ONE Stereo Headset & Headset Adapter First Impressions Review

The XBOX ONE Stereo Headset is a great sounding headset, others may look the other way when they find out its not a Virtual 7.1 like the new Sony PULSE Gold Headset for the PS4 and is just Stereo sound, well I own both headsets and I have concluded the XBOX
    ONE Stereo Headset Audio Quality is superior to the PS4 PULSE Gold Headset and it works great with my PS4 and any device that uses a 3.5mm audio jack.

How about the microphone you ask? The XBOX ONE Stereo headset uses a boom style microphone unlike the hidden microphone used on the PS4 PULSE Gold Headset, this results in far superior microphone sound quality for the XBOX ONE Stereo headset, and I dare
    say its possibly one of the best gaming microphones I have ever used.

The Stereo Headset Adapter will also be sold separately for $24.99USD but is included in this XBOX ONE Stereo headset. The Stereo Headset Adapter lets you adjust the game volume and chat volume separately letting the user set their ideal setting.

!!Warning!! Until March 4, 2014 the XBOX ONE Stereo Headset will be useless until the March Update for the XBOX ONE is released, if you plug it in now you will hear audio but after a few minutes the audio will become static. If you are one of the lucky ones
    in the March Update Beta and you purchased this headset, then you are good to go but you may need to update you controller firmware.When you purchase this headset the first will be to update the firmware of all your XBOX ONE Controllers with the provided Micro
    USB Cable. To read up on the full process on how to update the firmware of all your XBOX ONE Controllers, head to this link. -
    www.xbox.com/xboxone/controllerupdate

Should you buy as a XBOX ONE Owner? In my opinion this was a great buy for me and it will be a great buy for you. Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ... :)

If you want to see my unboxing & microphone quality test follow this link -

Costa Apostolou, Jul 11, 2015
  3. Headset not working, what am I doing wrong.

I hate to tell you this but the Xbox One console does not transmit game sounds or music through the Xbox One Chat Headset. If you're looking for an Xbox One headset that provides both game and chat audio, you should be
    getting yourself an Xbox One Stereo Headset.

To set up an Xbox One Stereo headset, you can follow the steps provided through this link:

support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot

Jo Mari GianGuintu, Jul 11, 2015
  4. Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...

"If you can hear people through your mic but they aren't hearing you, it's normally because the controller with the mic plugged in doesn't know which profile is using it.

Try one of these two suggestions:

Position yourself so kinect can see your face and the controller in your hands.

Go to the home screen and select your little profile icon on the top left next to notifications. Then select Choose this person on your profile.

If this doesn't work and you have tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the articles posted above then you may be in need of a new mic and can arrange a repair here."

Hope this works.

Th3 FPS MaNiAc, Jul 11, 2015
  5. im having the same problem the headset is basically new and the headset can pick up sound and other people and im really sick of spending money on a new headset when they break after a few months

METROID FUSIONZ, Aug 13, 2015
  6. I'm having to same problem. I can hear but can't talk unless I use the Kinect. I bought another headset and still no change, this all started two days ago. I've been looking everywhere online and no solution has help. Even Xbox support can't help.

x216MiLiTiAxMiL, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Brickhead88
    Brickhead88 Guest
    I've had this EXACT same issue for a little over a month now. Thought my stock headset went bad, bought the stereo adapter, still nothing outgoing. Incoming works just fine, but the lack of me being able to talk to anyone really puts a damper on being
    able to play online with other people.

Brickhead88, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the microphone issues! We are currently looking into this issue

here. When you get a chance, please go ahead and check out the link. Be sure to try all of the listed steps and send me a private message as well. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: