Xbox One Stereo Adapter and Controller has problems

Discus and support Xbox One Stereo Adapter and Controller has problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This thing is a PoS. I have to choose between chat and game chat (found out you can turn game volume off) but the chat is volume and quality is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xGHOST4x, Mar 15, 2014.

1. xGHOST4x
    xGHOST4x Guest

This thing is a PoS. I have to choose between chat and game chat (found out you can turn game volume off) but the chat is volume and quality is terrible. The main part you plug into the controller is HUGE, I'm sure there are players with bigger fingers than
    me and i don't see how they can actually use this thing without going insane. The game audio on this thing is so half-****ed for some Next-Gen device. They really need to do like they did to the 360 and make the thing you plug into the controller smaller and
    the thing you control the audio with on the wire that connects to the mic . If i had known that the One was going to have this many issues with chat And adapters i would have bought a PS4. Just because they wanted to make little extra money with selling adapters,
    new mic, not even keep the same 2.5mm jack. You have to jam the l start button on the controller to get the scoreboard on BF or to press pause. I am just appalled at what this greedy corporation has done to a "Next-Gen" console just to make a few extra dollars.

:)

xGHOST4x, Mar 15, 2014
  2. How do we update the controller? NO USB Cable comes with Xbox One.

About updating controller, To use the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter with your Xbox One Console, you’ll need to update your Xbox One Controller with the latest software to support the Adapter.

This is from:
    support.xbox.com/.../update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

So Titanfall controller update is done by over air, no cable, (February update) and Stereo Headset Adapter controller update you need an cable, which comes with the adapter (March update).

RobertSchweitzer, Mar 15, 2014
  3. Stereo Headset and Adapter Issues

"As of the April 2014 Xbox One System Update, the firmware update for the controller and stereo headset adapter has been updated and includes significant improvements to audio quality with the Stereo Headset Adapter and the process of updating controllers.
    If you have taken the update previously and are having issues with your stereo headset adapter, please update your controller again with the latest Controller Update. You can update your controller by going to Settings, System, and then Controller update."
    -- from bottom of page linked below:

It is now April and still no update. So this means by the end of April?

sightIiIpicture, Mar 15, 2014
  4. Xbox One Stereo Adapter and Controller has problems

You're the first person I know that has complained about the adapter being too big, and I've definitely never heard anyone preferring the old volume/mute on the wire over the new adapter. Xbox One Stereo Adapter and Controller has problems :) The audio is definitely horrible though - sounds like 4-bit recording
    at a low rate and much worse than an old digital answering machine!!

Cylon-855338B5-5C5E-448F-BE6C-C4EE87D01589, Mar 18, 2014
  5. RobertSchweitzer Win User

How do we update the controller? NO USB Cable comes with Xbox One.

About updating controller, To use the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter with your Xbox One Console, you’ll need to update your Xbox One Controller with the latest software to support the Adapter.

This is from:

So Titanfall controller update is done by over air, no cable, (February update) and Stereo Headset Adapter controller update you need an cable, which comes with the adapter (March update).
  6. sightIiIpicture Win User

Stereo Headset and Adapter Issues

"As of the April 2014 Xbox One System Update, the firmware update for the controller and stereo headset adapter has been updated and includes significant improvements to audio quality with the Stereo Headset Adapter and the process of updating controllers.
    If you have taken the update previously and are having issues with your stereo headset adapter, please update your controller again with the latest Controller Update. You can update your controller by going to Settings, System, and then Controller update."
    -- from bottom of page linked below:

It is now April and still no update. So this means by the end of April?
  7. Norrissa Win User

Xbox stereo headset mic suddenly stopped working mid conversation

Stereo Headset Adapter issues and questions

If you have a question or problem using the Stereo Headset Adapter, see the following topics.

Stereo Headset Adapter isn’t working

If your Stereo Headset Adapter isn’t functioning well, check the following:

Have you updated your controller’s software to support the Stereo Headset Adapter?

Make sure your controller has fresh batteries. When the batteries get weak, some controller functions like audio and rumble get turned off to conserve the remaining power.

Make sure your headset adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your stereo headset’s 3.5-mm cable is securely plugged into the headset adapter. You will know it’s plugged in properly if you press the mute button and the LED lights up.
    If the mute light comes on and you have updated your controller but your headset isn’t working, consult the manual or manufacturer.

Try your Stereo Headset Adapter on another controller if you can. If the adapter works on the second controller, try updating the first controller again. If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online
    Service Center.

These steps were found at
    support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
  8. Akuhn235 Win User

Xbox one controller keeps shutting off after i plug in the mic!

So I've had this problem come up and I haven't really seen any permanent solutions, although i am able to turn my controller on and everything works when kind of force the stereo headset adapter hard into the controller.

I think the problem is an electrical one that's cause from a bad fit between the controller and the headset stereo adapter. Mine has never really fit too snug, and why does the headset stereo adapter have to be so bulky? It doesn't feel like there's much
    in it.
  9. maxen Win User

Confusion about XBoxOne headset vs. controller compatibility

The Xbox One Stereo headset has a 3.5mm jack and included in the box is a chat adapter for volume controls.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Stereo Adapter and Controller has problems - Similar Threads - Stereo Adapter Controller

2. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  3. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  4. Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?: I have someone in my home looking for a headset who also happens to be very allergic to latex. Does the official Xbox Stereo Headset contain latex? c5a10a76-df97-40ac-80dc-a1361efea164
  5. xbox stereo headset echo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox stereo headset echo: i just bought the xbox stereo headset the wired one and my friend says that he can hear himself because of the echo my TV was muted and I really don't want to refund the headset because its...
  6. Xbox Series X audio broken for everything except stereo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X audio broken for everything except stereo: I have a Series X connected to an Onkyo TX-NR6050 receiver. The receiver is connected to a 5.1.2 speaker setup. In the Xbox audio settings it shows that my receiver is supported for every audio...
  7. Xbox Series X audio stuck at Stereo Uncompressed when connected to TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X audio stuck at Stereo Uncompressed when connected to TV: Hardware TV: Samsung S90C 65" AV Receiver: Yamaha RX-V6A HDMI Cables: 48Gbps Ultra HD 8K HDMI Cable to the TV from the receiver. Original Xbox HDMI cable. Setup Receiver connected to the TV...
  8. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  9. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  10. Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...: I lost my donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Xbox Wireless Stereo Headset with Noise Cancelling Microphone, I already contacted pdp support and haven’t gotten an answer, just wondering where I can...