Xbox one static or crackling through Hdmi ARC audio with surround bars . Common reason and...

Discus and support Xbox one static or crackling through Hdmi ARC audio with surround bars . Common reason and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have seen and talked to many on live regarding this issue. I had it pop up as well and traced it to a change on the surround bars to one common thing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by diiorio, Jun 27, 2020.

1. diiorio
    diiorio Guest

Xbox one static or crackling through Hdmi ARC audio with surround bars . Common reason and...

I have seen and talked to many on live regarding this issue. I had it pop up as well and traced it to a change on the surround bars to one common thing on both vizio, samsung and other full surround bars.

issue is caused by the True volume or equal volume settings on bars and tvs. Samsung tvs will auto disqbles it on their side, but make sure it is disabled on vizio and all sound bars. If you do not when you Navigate on
    the dashboard and in some games, especially sims 4, you will hear it distorted , crackle ect.

Proper surround and ARC setup. This is for proper surround, pcm will not produce true positional sound, i tested it on ESo and other games and movies and dolby diagnostics disk to confirm this.

Xbox audio settings:

Speaker Audio

HDMI Audio Bitstream

Optical Audio OFF

Bitstream Format: Dolby Digital

Samsung TVS and other similiar

Sound.....

Sound Output Reciever (HDMI). Note this is ARC ....top hdmi connection is arc on Samsung’s.

Expert Settings....

Digital Output Audio for... Dolby Digital.

Note this is import for full range. PCM will NOT. Will be noticed greatly on surround games like ESO ect

——————————————————.

True volume settings is to be disabled for ARC per the standard. That is why high end tvs typically auto disables it own feature when it is used. I tried this on 3 tvs and surround systems and they all created artifacts when it was inabled. Note on bose
    sstems their bars and systems will also auto disable it you can use voice channek keveling instead.

:)

diiorio, Jun 27, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. JimmiGenius Win User

5.1 Uncompressed audio via HDMI connection

After reading some other forums, I changed the Video setting on the Xbox One from "Auto-detect" to "HDMI." After doing this, I was able to select "5.1 uncompressed" from the audio menu on the Xbox without getting an error. However, at
    this point, I was getting no sound. After a few hours of frustration (I thought it might be an HDMI handshake issue), I decided to hook my Xbox One directly to my sound bar via an extra HDMI input on the sound bar and then hook the sound bar up to my TV using
    my HDMI ARC input. I now have surround sound!

The downside is that when I switch HDMI inputs on the TV, I have to switch inputs on the sound bar as well. I thought the promise of ARC was that the TV would act as the switcher for audio.

I won't complain at this point, but any thoughts on why I would need to hook the Xbox One directly to my sound bar for surround sound to work vs. hooking the sound bar up to my ARC input? When I didn't have a direct HDMI connection between the Xbox One
    and the sound bar, I could get stereo uncompressed sound just fine. Is it a limitation of the TV? Could it be an outdated HDMI cord? Any thoughts appreciated.
  3. Mythic Sandman Win User

One S connected to soundbar for atmos, screen flashes

Found this:

1. Update firmwares for TV, XB1S & Sound bar.
    2. XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) goes to Sound bar HDMI IN. (DOES NOT GO TO TV)
    3. Sound bar HDMI ARC OUT goes to TV HDMI ARC.
    4. TV AUDIO set to PCM. TV VIDEO set to ARC.
    5. Sound bar audio set to HDMI IN. (NOT HDMI ARC)
    6. XB1S Video set to 4K UHD.
    7. XB1S Audio set to ATMOS.
    *Most importantly, XB1S HDMI OUT (to TV) DOES NOT GO TO TV, BUT GOES TO Sound bar IN! XB1S HDMI IN Should NOT BE USED!
  4. CHERRYxMUSTANG Win User

Audio crackles and pops

I have been having a similar problem with audio pops and crackles.

When I have my Xbox One connected to my TV with an HDMI cable and my surround sound receiver plugged into my TVs optical out port the audio pops and crackles (only from the Xbox One, not from any other audio source going into my TV and out to the receiver.)
    Yet if I plug my receiver directly into the Xbox's optical port the audio plays normally with no distortion whatsoever. I even tried replacing the HDMI cord but got no results that had no popping or crackling in the audio. Hence leading me to believe that
    the HDMI port on the Xbox one is having trouble sending audio to the TV through its HDMI cord as I even tested each of my 4 HDMI in ports on my gaming TV and my living room TV that achieved the same exact popping and crackling audio issues.
  5. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

DTS reverting back to Uncompressed 7.1

I actually have to turn HDMI audio OFF completely and use stereo uncompressed under digital optical just to get my 5.1 surround sound to not "pop/crackle" when navigating menus/playing games. That "pop/crackling" was driving me nuts the system doesnt "pop/crackle"
    when set to just TV but nor does my surround system "pop/crackle" when connected to my TV/Xbox 360. Never done that before...did MS cheap out on the audio system for their "all in one" media box or is this an isolated incident with my 2008 phillips surround
    I wonder.
  6. ramitimeout Win User

Xbox One S audio rear surround sound bleed leak to front speakers

i am having the same issue as yours, except, the sound bleeds to the other surround speaker,, on the Neflex test pattern, the sound from the left surround channel will bleed into the right surround channel and vis versa.. i have the xbox one x connected
    deerfly to my surround sound receiver.

i have tried all the audio out options on the xbox, uncompressed, bitstream, dobly digital, and DTS, the surround bleed is in all the issues

This does not happen when i play the Netflix test through my Samsung smart tv

did u find any fix ?

for your second issue, i believe Samsung TVs do not pass through 5.1 surround sound from an HDMI in to an HDMI ARC out. if you put in 5.1 in HDMI in, you will only get 2 channels out of HDMI ARC. other tvs do not have this issue, but Samsungs do
Thema:

1. Xbox one static or crackling through Hdmi ARC audio with surround bars . Common reason and... - Similar Threads - static crackling through

2. Static IP address problem on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static IP address problem on Series X: On Monday morning my Xbox Series X (and laptop) was working just fine, connecting to the WiFi with absolutely no problems. The console was on standby mode until Wednesday morning, and now it...
  3. Xbox One S static while opening certain applications

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S static while opening certain applications: I have a xbox one s and when i opened up apple music all it showed was static and the normal screen would flash on the tv for a second then he static continues until i RESET my xbox, not just turn...
  4. Xbox series static screen fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series static screen fix: I've had a couple Xbox Series S With the gray static screen If you have this issue and have replaced the port and even the retimer chip and it still not working. Enter safe mode and reset...
  5. Static screen on Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static screen on Xbox series X?: Has anyone else got a static screen freeze on their Xbox? I was playing and it completely froze up on me I noticed that in games that have ray tracing my Xbox struggles to keep up and it was in a...
  6. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  7. Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue): Hi, would appreciate any help on this as I'm close to banging my head against the wall. I have an Xbox Series X and received Three 5G hub at the start of the month, worked fine with an ethernet...
  8. Astro a50 static issue on series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a50 static issue on series X: I have a set of Astro A50s that I have used for about 2 years with zero issue. Now during use of the headset there is a static noise every 2 minutes or so on YouTube or spotify but on Netflix it...
  9. EOLO-Xbox NAT and static IP problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    EOLO-Xbox NAT and static IP problems: Good morning, I have an Xbox S series connected to the Eolo wifi network. I have two problems: NAT appears to be limited despite having opened all the necessary ports on the router. Furthermore,...
  10. Xbox series x showing static on LG OLED

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x showing static on LG OLED: Xbox series x is connected to the LG OLED via the Xbox series x 2.0 HDMI cable. Yet for streaming apps, YouTube, a game or two the screen goes to static. Sometimes it goes away on its own and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox vizeo sound bar buzzing

2. Xbox One audio crackling TV