Xbox One Startup issues after September update

Discus and support Xbox One Startup issues after September update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the update, my controller no longer starts the system and neither do voice commands. The hdmi connection isn't found on the tv and after a frozen... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrRidickulous, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Xbox One Startup issues after September update

Since the update, my controller no longer starts the system and neither do voice commands. The hdmi connection isn't found on the tv and after a frozen boot that does nothing, I must pull the plug and then restart it manually to get it to turn on. This had
    happened everytime since update.

:)

MrRidickulous, Aug 30, 2014
  2. sionetix
    sionetix Guest
    CDN Error - Resource not found

Xbox Fitness is now listed as 'up and running' on
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status
    again. There was an update to the game which rolled out in the last few days.

Does anyone who had the CDN/startup issues still have them after installing this recent update?

Unfortunately, even if the CDN/startup issues are fixed, they seem to have introduced a new problem: New Lag/Freezes Since XBox Fitness Update Xbox One Startup issues after September update :(

sionetix, Aug 30, 2014
  3. wogars
    wogars Guest
    Cannot install xbox 360 system update via DVD or CD

I cannot update via Xbox live due to connection issues with your website for over 3 weeks. I tried updating with DVD using the instructions on

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info
    . After restarting the console, it does not recognize the update on the DVD. It is still asking for update via xbox live. I tried configuring startup from Disc, still did not update. No error message with DVD, just
    does not recognize the update on the DVD. Also, where do I find the latest version of the console update? The update on your website is for September 2nd, 2014. Very frustrated to say the least...

wogars, Aug 30, 2014
  4. Xbox One Startup issues after September update

Hi! Sorry to hear about your issue. We can try a system cycle. To do this have your xbox one on. Now hold down the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts off completely. Now you want to unplug every cord from the back of the console and wait 2 mins.
    After the 2 mins plug everything back making sure everything is plugged in securely. Now let it reboot. I hope this helps!

Senator Canuck, Aug 30, 2014
  5. ArtoisArab
    ArtoisArab Guest
    After doing the update my console is acting weird upon startup too. Now when I flick the power on at the wall my xbox emits a whine and sounds like it's starting up. But it just continues to whine and nothing else happens.

Upon pressing the button on my pad nothing much happens either. However the console very briefly reboots eventually (power brick flicks to orange then white) and then continues to the home screen. Tried a system cycle a few times but it hadn't had any effect.
    Unit is set to energy saving mode.

ArtoisArab, Aug 30, 2014
  6. System cycle does nothing to improve the issue.

MrRidickulous, Aug 31, 2014
  7. Maybe this isn't due to the September update. Turned on console this morning, it wants to do a 259mb update, however due to my issue, the system can't restart after and its stuck in a loop.

MrRidickulous, Aug 31, 2014
  8. CaptCanary
    CaptCanary Guest

Since the September update, when you turn on the console at the plug the power brick light goes white straight away and the console sounds like it's on, without the logo lighting up, before going silent again. If you try to turn on the console using the
    controller during this period you have to wait about 30 seconds for this process to finish before it boots up.

If you shut down and restart at any point, without turning off at the plug/unplugging, it goes orange on the power brick and restarts as normal. It's just the initial turning on which seems to be going through this new process.

Instant on mode is unaffected as the power brick light remains white at all times.

Any idea why this is now happening, the process it's going through, or could it be a bug released with the update?

CaptCanary, Sep 3, 2014
  9. BRYMIZAR
    BRYMIZAR Guest
    I have the same problem as captcanary they told me to send it back in but honestly my console was working amazing until this update so i don't know if i should send it in or wait kinda sad with games i want to play coming out

BRYMIZAR, Sep 4, 2014
  10. CaptCanary
    CaptCanary Guest
    I spoke to one of the Customer Service people and they have said that they are aware of this as they've had other reports, and that the Developers are looking at it, so I shouldn't worry about sending it back. I imagine it's probably happening to most people
    but they just aren't noticing.

CaptCanary, Sep 5, 2014
  11. Crashoverrun
    Crashoverrun Guest
    Crashoverrun, Oct 31, 2018
  12. CaptCanary Win User

I spoke to one of the Customer Service people and they have said that they are aware of this as they've had other reports, and that the Developers are looking at it, so I shouldn't worry about sending it back. I imagine it's probably happening to most people
    but they just aren't noticing.
  13. MrRidickulous Win User

Maybe this isn't due to the September update. Turned on console this morning, it wants to do a 259mb update, however due to my issue, the system can't restart after and its stuck in a loop.
  14. MrRidickulous Win User

System cycle does nothing to improve the issue.
  15. ArtoisArab Win User

After doing the update my console is acting weird upon startup too. Now when I flick the power on at the wall my xbox emits a whine and sounds like it's starting up. But it just continues to whine and nothing else happens.

Upon pressing the button on my pad nothing much happens either. However the console very briefly reboots eventually (power brick flicks to orange then white) and then continues to the home screen. Tried a system cycle a few times but it hadn't had any effect.
    Unit is set to energy saving mode.
  16. BRYMIZAR Win User

I have the same problem as captcanary they told me to send it back in but honestly my console was working amazing until this update so i don't know if i should send it in or wait kinda sad with games i want to play coming out
Thema:

1. Xbox One Startup issues after September update - Similar Threads - Startup issues September

2. XBOX Startup Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Startup Error: This has currently been happening since January. I gave up trying to fix it for a few weeks, and since yesterday I have tried everything I possibly can to get my Xbox back up and running again....
  3. Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...: I've tried scanning and repairing the xbox app, deleting and attempting to reinstall everything. I am stuck on the same issue. Any suggestions? 5f814e40-c1c6-4216-8b3a-47848fba451d
  4. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...
  5. My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...: My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen I have tried holding the power button for ten seconds then unplugging the power cable please help. 332b2acb-c264-49b8-8d13-488d283a12f0
  6. Xbox 360 Startup Game LIVE Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Startup Game LIVE Error: So my Xbox 360 is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable. It has no issues signing into my profile and connecting to Xbox LIVE on the dashboard. About two days ago, when I start an Xbox...
  7. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  8. forza motorsport crashing at startup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza motorsport crashing at startup.: whenever i launch forza motorsport, there is a screen of text. After that screen of text, the game crashes and just disappears. I have done all the guides everything. I have not overclocked...
  9. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  10. how to fix crash on startup splash screen for forza hotizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix crash on startup splash screen for forza hotizon 5: funinstalling and reinstalling fixes the game until the next update where it crashes on startup again until i uninstall and reinstall. i have tried every option to fix this issue through the...