Xbox One solid orange power brick light, no chime and won’t turn on

Discus and support Xbox One solid orange power brick light, no chime and won’t turn on in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a problem with my Xbox One where it won’t turn on and the button won’t chime. The power brick light is solid orange with a slight... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chiefster Cheef, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Xbox One solid orange power brick light, no chime and won’t turn on

Hello,

I am having a problem with my Xbox One where it won’t turn on and the button won’t chime. The power brick light is solid orange with a slight flicker. I have looked online and have tried many fixes, from unplugging the power cord for 20 min, to wiggling the cord that goes from the wall outlet to the power brick so that the electricity crackles, I feel I have tried everything. This isn’t the first time the orange light has come on, I usually have trouble turning it on, but when I unplug my storage device on the side usb, it is usually enough to make the light turn white and I can turn it on. The xbox is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Thanks!

:)

Chiefster Cheef, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Chiefster Cheef Win User

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it!
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello Chiefster Cheef, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

If your Xbox console won't turn on, your power supply may be faulty or improperly connected!

It may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.

To reset the internal power supply, follow these steps:

1. Unplug the power cord from the console.
    2. Wait 10 seconds.
    3. Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console.

If the issue persists, here are some points to check:

• Check that the wall outlet you’re using is working with other devices.
    • Check that the power cable is firmly connected to the wall outlet and to your console.
    • Ensure that you're using the power cable that came with your console, and that it's the correct cable for your region.

If your console still will not turn on, it needs to be serviced. To request service, sign in to Microsoft account | Devices with your Microsoft account and submit a service order.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. Missing Lenk Win User

Xbox One NOT Downloading the Update Automatically

@caffinetron

"Could someone clarify my earlier question about the light on the power brick and what the two colours mean."

-

"Solid white or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, see Troubleshooting a blank TV or monitor with your Xbox One."

-

support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on
  5. AchMeinLeben Win User

Xbox turns on for 1 second then immediately turns off.

I'm having the same issue. I get a solid orange light on the power supply, but the unit won't stay on. I get the power up chime then it shuts off. I'm afraid to buy a new brick just to find out that's not the problem.
  6. VENOM MDK Win User

My Xbox 360 Slim turns off after I turn it on.

Darknessx03,

When your Xbox shuts down what color is the light on the power brick? It might be that your power brick needs to be replaced.

Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our

Xbox No Power Solution

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
    2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
    If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can

Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply
    from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console-power/check-power-supply
Thema:

1. Xbox One solid orange power brick light, no chime and won’t turn on - Similar Threads - solid orange power

2. Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe...

in XBoX on Windows
    Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe...: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe 16Gb/s, M.2 2280 Would this work with my HP victus 15f gaming laptop ?? 204d4f0e-3ff8-4b7d-a209-27c9b9ba70ee
  3. My external solid state drive is showing as media only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external solid state drive is showing as media only.: I have a 4 terabite solid state drive that us type-c 3.1 and I've looked at the support pages and I did what was there and it didn't work, it still shows as a media only drive....
  4. So I’ve been stuck on the stranded error message for a solid 4 hours and have done...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I’ve been stuck on the stranded error message for a solid 4 hours and have done...: Error message:Oops! Looks like you’re stranded, been stuck on this message for 4 hours 13a04646-4b2f-407a-aceb-3780daaa9e27
  5. The future of Xbox series solid state drives

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The future of Xbox series solid state drives: Okay I have had a big concern about the future of the Xbox series solid state drives. As game company’s produce more and more series enhanced games and the bigger they get what happens when we...
  6. why is my Fortnite screen solid blue but can hear game sound?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my Fortnite screen solid blue but can hear game sound?: Fortnite is showing a solid blue screen upon starting game, game sound can be heard but blue screen stays solid so can't play game. What's up with this? dd3d293c-e421-4078-bb73-1f810e94fa4d
  7. Solid red light on brand new power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid red light on brand new power brick: I Just bought a new power brick for my Xbox one, because my other one was fried out from a storm and lighting I know a red light means over heated but this is brand new never been used. How do I...
  8. Tension adjustment become solid

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tension adjustment become solid: If I tighten up the tension on analogue stick (left) it becomes immovable or clicky as I rotate it e44644f4-9237-4be1-ba26-04ee695bc9ec
  9. Xbox 360E Solid Red Light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360E Solid Red Light: When I power on my 360E, it boots up normally but after about 9-10 seconds the power light turns solid red, and stays that way until I tun it off. It doesnt show anything on my tv. The power brick...
  10. Constant crackle and disconnection of wireless headsets, has anyone found a solid solution?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant crackle and disconnection of wireless headsets, has anyone found a solid solution?: All solutions have been tried in old post but still having the same issues. Is there a fix for this issue yet? 8f72929f-745a-47ef-958d-5424abdbba1b