Xbox One Slim, beep noise, while off.

Discus and support Xbox One Slim, beep noise, while off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I previously asked if its normal for an Xbox One to make noises while off. I believe mine is an Xbox One Slim. The question was about a faint, fan... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daniel Curs, Sep 17, 2023.

1. Daniel Curs
    Daniel Curs Guest

I previously asked if its normal for an Xbox One to make noises while off. I believe mine is an Xbox One Slim. The question was about a faint, fan noise. I got an answer back, that its normal. I forgot to ask in that post, if a beep noise while the console is off, is normal? It's a faint beep sound. I've heard it twice, maybe three time, in the two weeks I've owned it. Sorry if this is a redundant question, I'm just curious.

I'm happy to have the console, and I don't mind if such things happen. I just want to be aware of any concerns.

:)

Daniel Curs, Sep 17, 2023
  2. Daniel Curs Win User

I was also offline I think. I went to offline mode, when I first set up the Xbox One.

Ok thanks for your response. As long as there is nothing to worry or be concerned about, that's the most important thing.
  3. Daniel Curs Win User

I believe it was in Energy saving mode. That has been what I've been using 98 percent of the time. It sounds like the power on button but very quiet. I think the console was off one of the times I heard it. Maybe the second time as well.
  4. Daniel Curs Win User

I mean I installed all the updates. Then signed off, into offline mode.

Thanks again for the help.
  5. Gerardo CG Win User

So don't worry, if it is as you say, it is probably due to what I mentioned in my previous answer, it is normal. Likewise, keep an eye out in case you start to experience performance problems or something like that with your console, as long as that doesn't happen you'll be fine.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Daniel, my name is Gerardo and I'm an Xbox player like you.

If the beep sound you're hearing is very slight and can only be heard when you're very close to the console, especially when it's configured in "Sleep" mode, it's possible that the sound is related to activity on the internal hard drive. When the console is in "Sleep" mode, it may be running background processes, and the hard drive could have some activity during that time.

It would be a good idea to check if this sound occurs only in "Sleep" mode or if it also happens when the console is in "Energy-saving" mode.

As long as the sound is not loud, not too frequent, and you don't have any performance problems or other issues with your console, you have nothing to worry about.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Slim, beep noise, while off. - Similar Threads - Slim beep noise

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet: My Xbox 360 Slim has never connected to my internet, I want to fix it. when I go to the network setup, it connects to the Wi-Fi router, but fails to connect to the internet in the second step. I...
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  6. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  7. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  8. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  9. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  10. Can’t play Disney Scene It on Xbox One slim.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t play Disney Scene It on Xbox One slim.: Cannot navigate away from title screen. Every input is invalid from multiple controllers, verified current updates installed, restarted console and controllers. For clarification: the issue being...