XBox One shuts down when starting Live TV

Discus and support XBox One shuts down when starting Live TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Xbox One when starting Live TV. I have the following setup: - HTPC (Windows 8.1) - Cablecom TV-Box... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by K3N.SD, Feb 16, 2014.

1. K3N.SD
    K3N.SD Guest

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Xbox One when starting Live TV. I have the following setup:

- HTPC (Windows 8.1)

- Cablecom TV-Box (Samsung)

Both devices connected through a high quality HDMI Switch to the Xbox ONE. When waking up the XONE with the "XBOX ON" command, then starting Live TV ("XBOX WATCH TV" command), the HDMI switch points to the HTPC which is already ON. During the Start of the
    Live TV my TV screen went black, the XBOX makes a squeaking noise (the Xbox itself not though the speakers) and shuts down completely. If the HDMI switch points to the TV-Box the screen stuttering for about 1 minute and no sound is played.

I already replaced all the HDMI cables and the HDMI switch without success. I tested the HDMI switch with my TV and it works fine. If I restart the console after the crash, everything works fine and as expected, except from the sound issue. To solve the
    sound problem I have to turn off the TV-Box and switch it on again. The sound issue happens with all devices it seems, that the problem occurs if the connected Device is ON before the XBox ONE is ready.

Is there any fix for this, or is any update (already have the Feb. 16 update) in queue?

THX K3N

:)

K3N.SD, Feb 16, 2014
  2. IDVDI
    IDVDI Guest
    Xbox one wont shutdown if live TV is on after 1 hour of inactivity.

Could anyone confirm that power saving settings are not effective when live TV is on?? I've set it to one hour. Saying Xbox off works fine. It shuts down both Xbox and TV. The power saving settings are not working as I expected.

I would really appreciate this feature, since my daughter always forget to shut down the whole thing!!!

IDVDI, Feb 16, 2014
  3. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Help with HDMI Control

TV's can auto detect if a port stops being used and shut down, my TV i have will shut itself down if i have a pc connected to it and i shut the pc down. This might be on your tv, look for settings about connections and shutting down.

Xbox doesn't turn your tv off like that, when it turns the system on for instance it does it with kinnect doing a spectrum spread that is basically bombarding the room so it hits the tv.

cross44, Feb 16, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: