Xbox one says network not setup when connected to Xbox live

Discus and support Xbox one says network not setup when connected to Xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; im connected to Xbox live playing destiny. The game is super laggy and I'm red bar. I checked multiplayer connection and it says network not setup. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OpTic CaMPinG, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Xbox one says network not setup when connected to Xbox live

im connected to Xbox live playing destiny. The game is super laggy and I'm red bar. I checked multiplayer connection and it says network not setup. I check detailed network and it says 402 Mbps dwn 266 mbps up and latency 30 Ms 0% packet loss and 1480
    mtu. I've hard reset Xbox twice, cleared Mac add, numerous other things and it still won't test multiplayer settings.

:)

OpTic CaMPinG, Jun 9, 2017
  2. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest
    This needs expanding

How did you get a multiplayer connection but not connect to Xbox Live? You need to be connected to Live to play multiplayer.

When you run the network setup wizard on your Xbox One, when does the connection fail?

Bazajaytee, Jun 9, 2017
  3. EmoCasper13
    EmoCasper13 Guest
    My internet on my xbox isnt working but the internet is working on all my other devices.

I'm trying to connect to xbox live on my xbox one but when i try to go to choose my internet option thing nothing comes up and when i try connecting to xbox live it says "Not connected Your network isn't set up."

EmoCasper13, Jun 9, 2017
  4. Bazajaytee Win User

This needs expanding

How did you get a multiplayer connection but not connect to Xbox Live? You need to be connected to Live to play multiplayer.

When you run the network setup wizard on your Xbox One, when does the connection fail?
  5. curse1 Win User

Connecting behind a Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller

When you say can't get a connection to the internet what exactly do you mean? When you run the troubleshooter on the Xbox one where exactly is it saying the connection is failing? Here is a link for the Xbox One and the network setup:

support.xbox.com/.../network-settings

In regards to potential ports you need to verify are open I would look at this link to see if you have them all set correctly.

support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

Let me know what you find and if this helps resolve your issue.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Is not connecting to live with the internet

You will need to provide details of your network setup.

How are you connecting to the internet? Wired? Wireless?

Are there any specific error messages that show up when the system says you can't connect to Xbox Live?
  7. SeshyWolf Win User

can't connect to xbox live with a connection

I see that this just started happening a couple nights ago. Did anything change with your network setup around the time that this started happening? not that I know if, I was away then came home and no work.

What were you doing on your console when this started happening? dunno

When you run the Network Connection Test, at what point does the test fail? it don't. says connected to xbox live, then when I sign in to my account, says xbox live has lost connection
  8. InYohFace Win User

can't connect to Xbox live

I'm having the same issue. I was connecting fine with my modem and wireless router until yesterday. Now it picks up my network but can't connect to live. If I test my Xbox live connection....it connects to the network and Internet but not live. If I run
    a static check it connects to the Internet. However if I do the Initial Setup....the Internet fails and says Blocked next to xbox live
Thema:

Xbox one says network not setup when connected to Xbox live

1. Xbox one says network not setup when connected to Xbox live - Similar Threads - says network setup

2. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  3. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  4. When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online

in XBoX on Consoles
    When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online: When ever i try to play a game its saying “check your network” even though i am online 02e83646-6549-4dd8-87d7-8502c9261a43
  5. Xbox Series S not connected nor acting connected, but saying it's connected only in network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S not connected nor acting connected, but saying it's connected only in network...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  6. Xbox Series S not working and saying its not connected to Internet outside of network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S not working and saying its not connected to Internet outside of network...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  7. Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  8. My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.: My xbox X has not been used in 6 weeks. I turned it on today and it said I it was August 2019, though it had been used previously in 2024. I connected to the internet after chaanging the date...
  9. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  10. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...