Xbox One S won't play offline

Discus and support Xbox One S won't play offline in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a new Xbox One on Sept 18/17 while on land, and while connected to high speed internet, I installed, updated, and ran about 18 games (Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NautiDog421, Oct 10, 2017.

1. NautiDog421
    NautiDog421 Guest

I purchased a new Xbox One on Sept 18/17 while on land, and while connected to high speed internet, I installed, updated, and ran about 18 games (Xbox 360 backward compatible games). On Sept 28 I moved onto a ship with limited or no internet. My games
    played fine offline until today (Oct 7), and now the two games that I've been playing offline will not play. It keeps telling me to check my internet connection and to sigh in to xbox live, even though I am set to offline. I am signed into the xbox with
    my user profile, but not signed in to xbox live. The two games are Call Of Duty Ghosts and Rage. I've not tried the others yet because the discs are not handy.

When playing the games previously, if I did not go to offline mode, I would get the messages to check my connection (I was connected, but at dialup speeds, approx 5-20 kbps), so I found that going to offline mode always corrected the problem. Until today.
    No internet, no play.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

:)

NautiDog421, Oct 10, 2017
  2. NautiDog421
    NautiDog421 Guest
    Xbox one won't play offline

I purchased a new Xbox One on Sept 18/17 while on land, and while connected to high speed internet, I installed, updated, and ran about 18 games (Xbox 360 backward compatible games). On Sept 28 I moved onto a ship with limited or no internet. My games
    played fine offline until today (Oct 7), and now the two games that I've been playing offline will not play. It keeps telling me to check my internet connection and to sigh in to xbox live, even though I am set to offline. I am signed into the xbox with
    my user profile, but not signed in to xbox live. The two games are Call Of Duty Ghosts and Rage. I've not tried the others yet because the discs are not handy.

When playing the games previously, if I did not go to offline mode, I would get the messages to check my connection (I was connected, but at dialup speeds, approx 5-20 kbps), so I found that going to offline mode always corrected the problem. Until today.
    No internet, no play.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

3. NautiDog421
    NautiDog421 Guest

Thanks for the idea, but All of my games are on disk, so don't require Xbox live. And still won't play.

Is this the proper place to be posting my question to get a response or support from the support team? Or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks for any guidance.

4. SaintAvalon Win User

Game save transfers to Xbox One S or Scorpio

Saves are automatically sync'ed between systems, if you buy an xbox one s it would be like playing on an xbox one. You won't notice a difference in how games access save files, plug in the new system and download your profile. Boot up a game and wait while
    the game syncs, your save data will then be available offline as well.

Every time you see the sync your system is sync'ing your offline save with your cloud save, and it will work the same on S and Scorpio.
  5. NautiDog421 Win User

To play digital games, you will need to be connected to Xbox live. If you don't have access to internet I would suggest buying some games on disk.

Hope this helps, Happy Gaming!!!
    Thanks for the idea, but All of my games are on disk, so don't require Xbox live. And still won't play.

Is this the proper place to be posting my question to get a response or support from the support team? Or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks for any guidance.
  6. Castellus Zemi Win User

To play digital games, you will need to be connected to Xbox live. If you don't have access to internet I would suggest buying some games on disk.

Hope this helps, Happy Gaming!!!
  7. NautiDog421 Win User

Sounds like it just needs to connect online briefly to re-do the licensing. I could be wrong, but connect even briefly when you can and I hope it helps.
    After being connected for 80 minutes (at dial-up speeds -it's all I've got) I finally got a game to start. Unfortunately my daily power alotment onboard is only 90 minutes/day, so I just had time to start the game and then shut down.

I still don't know if this is related to being connected, or just my relentless attempts over 80 minutes to get it to run. I need to know this as we sometimes go "dark" (no internet) for weeks. Do i need internet for my xbox to work, or not? Thanks.
  8. JohnnyXeo Win User

Sounds like it just needs to connect online briefly to re-do the licensing. I could be wrong, but connect even briefly when you can and I hope it helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S won't play offline - Similar Threads - won't play offline

2. Home Xbox won't let me play games offline. Fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home Xbox won't let me play games offline. Fix?: We have spotty internet here. My home Xbox won't let us log in to our accounts, play games we've got discs for, play downloaded movies, anything. In order to play games we have to sign in. Sign in...
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2 Won't Play Offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Won't Play Offline: Hi, Ive been having an issue with RDR2 on my xbox one where it tells me to "check my connection" when trying to play offline. It started after I updated both my xbox and RDR2 on the 11th. I...
  4. Offline won't let me play a game I own on disc and digital

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline won't let me play a game I own on disc and digital: So I game share with a friend and my internet is out. I bought the game digital so it won't let me play when I'm offline. So I went and bought a disc copy so I had something to play. Well it's...
  5. Skyrim wont play. Own disc, all updated, won't play on or offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skyrim wont play. Own disc, all updated, won't play on or offline: Worked fine until updates to console, usually play offline. 1b6605f8-a70a-4e36-9e89-31e990220a2f
  6. Gears 5 won't play offline

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 won't play offline: Can't play Gears 5 offline on my PC. Game loads, but at main start screen, tries to connect to my xbox profile, does, but then comes up with an error message and won't let me play offline. I have...
  7. Xbox one x won't play games offline.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x won't play games offline.: Before 2020 I could play my xbox one x offline and sign into my account offline. Now I can't play my games because i cant sign into my account because of some networking error.(0x80a40011) My xbox...
  8. Home xbox won't let me play offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home xbox won't let me play offline: So my internet went down for a couple days and wouldn't let me play my games without telling me i needed to be online to play any game and to make sure my Xbox was set as home xbox. Keep in mind...
  9. Xbox one won't play offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won't play offline: I purchased a new Xbox One on Sept 18/17 while on land, and while connected to high speed internet, I installed, updated, and ran about 18 games (Xbox 360 backward compatible games). On Sept 28 I...
  10. Xbox occasionally won't play games offline.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox occasionally won't play games offline.: Every once in a while I will turn on my xbox, but not my router, and I will be told that I need to connect to xbox live to start a game. This has happened with different games from different...