Xbox One S won't play DVDs

Discus and support Xbox One S won't play DVDs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hopefully someone here can help solve my problem. I have an Xbox One S that will not play DVDs. It plays Xbox One games and Blu-ray discs perfectly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LeroyJenkins10, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Xbox One S won't play DVDs

Hopefully someone here can help solve my problem. I have an Xbox One S that will not play DVDs. It plays Xbox One games and Blu-ray discs perfectly fine. I have tried just about all of the troubleshooting steps out there. I have done a power cycle, restarted
    the Xbox, soft factory reset, uninstalled and re-installed the Blu-ray player app, and cleared persistent storage. Both the Xbox and the DVDs were purchased in the United States and the DVDs are brand new. I've played the DVDs on other Xbox consoles before
    so I doubt they are the issue. I have also tried multiple DVDs. Has anyone been able to find the solution to this? I see that it's not an isolated issue. The error code I receive on the Blu-ray player app is 0x91d7000.

:)

LeroyJenkins10, Jan 10, 2021
  2. luissolid Win User

Blue Ray DVD Player

Hello!

No, right now you can't attach and use any external DVD/Blu-ray Player.

The Xbox One S have a Internal DVD/Blu-ray Player. If you have the Xbox One S All Digital you won't have a option ti use Disc only digital media.

Regards!
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Backwards compatible games and dvds won’t work

Hi,

Sorry about your problem there. I take it that normal DVD's won't play now either? If the answer to that is yes, then I'm afraid your console's Optical drive has a fault.

There are two lasers in the Xbox One. The red laser is for DVD's and Xbox 360 game discs (360 games are on DVD) and a Blue laser for Blu-ray discs (Xbox One games are on BD discs).

Unfortunately Microsoft no longer repairs the original Xbox One. Only the Xbox One S and One X can still be repaired. You'll need a new console if you want to play BC games on disc.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 discs no longer work on Xbox One X

Hi,

You've said you've tried blu-ray discs and Xbox One discs but have you tried DVD discs?

Xbox 360 games are on DVD and my guess is that DVD won't play either.

The reason why they won't play is that DVD diode for reading these discs has failed. Other discs work because that laser diode is still working.

Try a DVD disc. If it does not work you'll need a repair.
  5. TaffDavies Win User

Problem reading discs

Exchanged the Xbox at shop I bought it from, it played one DVD so I thought great but no same problem when I tried another one yesterday and the DVD plays fine in the other Xbox, PS3 and DVD player at home and a Xbox s at someone else's home!! Needs sorting!
  6. ChrisThomas8 Win User

Backwards compatibility

Hi there,

Console is a one year old disc playing Xbox one S. Not having any issues playing regular DVDs.

Thanks
Thema:

Xbox One S won't play DVDs

1. Xbox One S won't play DVDs - Similar Threads - won't play DVDs

2. Xbox One S won't play DVDs that it previously played, giving region error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S won't play DVDs that it previously played, giving region error: The blu-ray app will no longer play DVDs, saying it's setup for region 4 and the disk is region 1 (correct). This xbox has always been region 1, and was able to play the exact same disks before....
  3. brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs: Xbox one DVD player not working keep getting "disc stopped HDMI input does not support HDCP rights management" (0x91d7000a). I've followed all the troubleshooting (for the bluray app and the XBOX...
  4. Xbox 360 Discs and DVDs won't play on my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Discs and DVDs won't play on my Xbox One: My Xbox One has not been able to play DVDs since August, I thought nothing of it since I have an Xbox 360 still which is what we use to watch DVDs on. However, recently, I discovered that my Xbox...
  5. My X1 won't play games or DVDs please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My X1 won't play games or DVDs please help: i got my Xbox yesterday and after I set it up I tried putting in two different games. Every time I put either game in I would get different error messages. Some saying I couldn't play games or...
  6. Blu Ray discs won't play (I've no regular DVDs so I'm not sure about those)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu Ray discs won't play (I've no regular DVDs so I'm not sure about those): I have a relatively new (December purchase) 1TB XB One that sometime in the past three weeks has stopped playing Blu Ray disks. I have tried three different movies, with the same result: "We're...
  7. DVDs won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVDs won't play: Happy Christmas everyone i am currently on my 3rd Xbox one console. I purchased a day one edition which started off working perfectly but gradually lost the ability to play discs (a random...
  8. Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play: The Lord of the Rings Extended DVD trilogy won't play. There's just a black screen and nothing happens. I've seen other unanswered questions from a while back... is there a FIX yet? Returning the...
  9. Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play (unanswered)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play (unanswered): I found a forum post about this that was marked "answered." It's obviously not. My extended edition LOTR DVDs don't play (and no one else's do, either). You can imagine how badly this steams my...
  10. HELP!! Xbox one won't play games but plays DVDs & blu rays

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP!! Xbox one won't play games but plays DVDs & blu rays: I just got the most recent preview update and now I can't play any of my disc games but blu rays, DVDs and CDs work. Anyone else having trouble? 7481aba1-6bf4-4493-802e-8da0bb9b73ee