Xbox One S won't play DVDs that it previously played, giving region error

Discus and support Xbox One S won't play DVDs that it previously played, giving region error in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The blu-ray app will no longer play DVDs, saying it's setup for region 4 and the disk is region 1 (correct). This xbox has always been region 1, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by nonotexact, Jul 1, 2022.

1. nonotexact
    nonotexact Guest

The blu-ray app will no longer play DVDs, saying it's setup for region 4 and the disk is region 1 (correct). This xbox has always been region 1, and was able to play the exact same disks before. It plays DVD games just fine, so I know the drive works. It also plays the one blu-ray movie I have with no issue. That movie is a region 1 blu-ray.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the blu-ray app. I have tried updating the region settings and changing it back. I have cleared the blu-ray cache. I've rebooted it a number of times. Nothing has worked.

:)

nonotexact, Jul 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today buddy

May I know if you already tried an offline update for your console?
    In that way Xbox system will be updated from scratch, this is in case there's some corrupted files that regular factory reset is not able to delete.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

By the way, do you have another Xbox Console from the same region to test if can be an issue with your console itself?

I'll be waiting for your feedback, greetings from another Microsoft user!
  3. nonotexact Win User

Hello again, this procedure will only remove the accounts, all applications and games will be maintained.
    If it doesn't work, then the ideal would be to perform the reset that erases everything.
    This did not work. The same error occurred. Is a full reset the only other option?
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, this procedure will only remove the accounts, all applications and games will be maintained.

If it doesn't work, then the ideal would be to perform the reset that erases everything.
  5. nonotexact Win User

Hi Josef,

I successfully performed an OSU update and it is still exhibiting the same behavior and giving the same error when I try a standard DVD that I have watched on this console before. Blu-ray and game DVDs still work fine.

I do not have another console to work with.

Thanks,
  6. nonotexact Win User

Follow-up: I attempted a full reset, and did not import any account settings. It is still exhibiting the exact same behavior. One blu-ray works, game DVDs work, but it says the console is region 4 and the movies are region 1 when I try a regular DVD. This is the same exact series of DVDs I have watched on this console.

Is there any way to see what updates the blu-ray app has received and go back to an earlier version that worked? So far as I can tell, that is the culprit as I had "keep my games and apps updated" checked and did not touch any other settings. The only things it gets used for are streaming apps (no changes there) and watching DVDs.
Thema:

1. Xbox One S won't play DVDs that it previously played, giving region error - Similar Threads - won't play DVDs

2. Xbox One S won't play DVDs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S won't play DVDs: Hopefully someone here can help solve my problem. I have an Xbox One S that will not play DVDs. It plays Xbox One games and Blu-ray discs perfectly fine. I have tried just about all of the...
  3. brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new Xbox One X won't play dvds or bluray discs: Xbox one DVD player not working keep getting "disc stopped HDMI input does not support HDCP rights management" (0x91d7000a). I've followed all the troubleshooting (for the bluray app and the XBOX...
  4. Xbox 360 Discs and DVDs won't play on my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Discs and DVDs won't play on my Xbox One: My Xbox One has not been able to play DVDs since August, I thought nothing of it since I have an Xbox 360 still which is what we use to watch DVDs on. However, recently, I discovered that my Xbox...
  5. My X1 won't play games or DVDs please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My X1 won't play games or DVDs please help: i got my Xbox yesterday and after I set it up I tried putting in two different games. Every time I put either game in I would get different error messages. Some saying I couldn't play games or...
  6. Blu Ray discs won't play (I've no regular DVDs so I'm not sure about those)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu Ray discs won't play (I've no regular DVDs so I'm not sure about those): I have a relatively new (December purchase) 1TB XB One that sometime in the past three weeks has stopped playing Blu Ray disks. I have tried three different movies, with the same result: "We're...
  7. DVDs won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVDs won't play: Happy Christmas everyone i am currently on my 3rd Xbox one console. I purchased a day one edition which started off working perfectly but gradually lost the ability to play discs (a random...
  8. Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play: The Lord of the Rings Extended DVD trilogy won't play. There's just a black screen and nothing happens. I've seen other unanswered questions from a while back... is there a FIX yet? Returning the...
  9. Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play (unanswered)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs won't play (unanswered): I found a forum post about this that was marked "answered." It's obviously not. My extended edition LOTR DVDs don't play (and no one else's do, either). You can imagine how badly this steams my...
  10. HELP!! Xbox one won't play games but plays DVDs & blu rays

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP!! Xbox one won't play games but plays DVDs & blu rays: I just got the most recent preview update and now I can't play any of my disc games but blu rays, DVDs and CDs work. Anyone else having trouble? 7481aba1-6bf4-4493-802e-8da0bb9b73ee