Xbox one s won't play certain games

Discus and support Xbox one s won't play certain games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Have had my 2tb Xbox one s since the first day it was released (pretty ordered directly from Microsoft) over the months ihave found that. 1. It won't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by grantisonfire, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Xbox one s won't play certain games

Have had my 2tb Xbox one s since the first day it was released (pretty ordered directly from Microsoft) over the months ihave found that.

1. It won't play some DVDs

2. It won't play certain games

We blamed the discs for this. I bought overwatch for Xmas , brand new and sealed. The machine doesn't play overwatch I'm so frustrated with this now. Has anyone come across this?

:)

grantisonfire, Dec 26, 2016
  2. WeezyWoof
    WeezyWoof Guest
    Certain games won't work on my Xbox one s

Basically, I got EA access and none of the battlefield games or the original Titanfall work, it starts up then freezes, I even tried using the disc version of Battlefield 1 and that didn't work either, I hard reset my Xbox, uninstalled and reinstalled the
    games and that doesn't work either, please help.

WeezyWoof, Dec 26, 2016
  3. Minecraft download won't play

can someone help please, we downloaded minecraft on this xbox one s and the game won't play

AlbinoCeiling1, Dec 26, 2016
  4. Xbox one s won't play certain games

i have this same issue with battlefield 1

i kill u boi xx, Dec 26, 2016
  5. Do you only have problems with Disc based media or is digital download acting strange aswell?

If it is only physical based media, ie DvD, Bluray etc, then it could be that the disc drive is failing. Contact support via livechat or phone call to better resolve the issue.

Thorbjørn Jensen, Oct 31, 2018
  6. i kill u boi xx Win User

i have this same issue with battlefield 1
  7. Thorbjørn Jensen Win User

Do you only have problems with Disc based media or is digital download acting strange aswell?

If it is only physical based media, ie DvD, Bluray etc, then it could be that the disc drive is failing. Contact support via livechat or phone call to better resolve the issue.
  8. Wrayman89 Win User

Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play

I have the app fully updated, reset the console to default settings, cleared the blu ray app data, let the disc auto-play, played the disc manually, set the blu ray app to not remember the last played position, etc.

It just refuses to play certain blu rays, anybody else have Jojo Rabbit on blu ray and able to confirm the problem?
  9. Cryptic Loner Win User

Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play

Do check if your Blu-ray app on your Xbox needs any update. Also when you put the disc into your console, try letting it auto play itself first. If that doesn't work, just click the icon of the disc soon as you put it in. Small differences sometimes make
    game changing moves.

It is a strange problem. Check through the blu-ray settings in your console, see if there's anything you can point out and alter to make the disc play through the whole sequence on your console.

I hope this helps.
  10. MATT VERDE Win User

Still having trouble with some original xbox titles downloaded from xbox live

unless you have the certain equipment to play original xbox games on the 360 s there is no way to play the original games
Thema:

1. Xbox one s won't play certain games - Similar Threads - won't play certain

2. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  3. Why won't my Xbox play certain discs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox play certain discs?: I have an Xbox One X (not series) and I've used discs for awhile now, however recently, my Xbox has decided it doesn't want to run particular discs. The discs in question are: Call Of Duty: Black...
  4. When ever I try to play my Xbox after a certain time it won't let me. I tried to find the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When ever I try to play my Xbox after a certain time it won't let me. I tried to find the...: When ever I try to play my Xbox after a certain time it won't let me. I tried to find the problem and this popped up. Can someone tell what the problem is? 6af5efce-0a51-48ce-a91a-972ce3b8ceb7
  5. Xbox Series X won't play certain Blu-Ray Discs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't play certain Blu-Ray Discs.: So I just got this Cowboy Bebop Collector's Edition which features the entire series on both DVD & Blu-Ray, and also the full soundtrack on CD. And even though all CDs & DVDs work fine, and other...
  6. Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Certain Blu Rays won't play: I've been having trouble with certain blu rays for a while now and it's really starting to annoy me, as I bought the Xbox specifically to play 4k blu rays and it's much quieter than the PS4 for...
  7. Certain Disc Won't Play - Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain Disc Won't Play - Xbox 360: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is the only disc that won't play on my Xbox 360. It doesn't even have scratches on it that would cause it to not work. I clean it off and restart my Xbox but the same...
  8. My Xbox x won't play a certain game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox x won't play a certain game: I run the same game that I've always run since the last 3 yrs nvr had a issue just last night try running it and it wont load in it would run the beginning scene but loading in it would crash I...
  9. Certain downloaded games won't allow me to play them anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain downloaded games won't allow me to play them anymore: Got this email back in July related to my problem: "This is from Xbox Support, are you still getting the same issue on your games with gold - 1. Hand of Fate2. Pneuma: Breath of Life3....
  10. Why won't my Xbox 360 play certain saved game files?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Xbox 360 play certain saved game files?: I'd recently decided to revisit some of my older 360 games, and play through them once again, however, when it came to playing both L.A. Noire and Splinter Cell Blacklist: I ran into trouble....