Xbox one s stuck at 50% During factory rest.

Discus and support Xbox one s stuck at 50% During factory rest. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, During the last system update in April 2023 my Xbox got stuck on the green startup screen. And it would not turn off by the power button. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scott R13, May 20, 2023.

1. Scott R13
    Scott R13 Guest

Hello,

During the last system update in April 2023 my Xbox got stuck on the green startup screen. And it would not turn off by the power button. I unplugged it let it sit for 30 seconds plugged it back in. Now nothing will show in the screen. The power button makes its ding sound and the power light comes on, but that is it.

I am able to get to the system menu by holding the pair/eject buttons. I tried doing a online and offline update the online wouldn't work at all and the offline would freeze at 50%. I've also tried a factory reset and again it freezes at 50%.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Scott R13, May 20, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Scott!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

I just want to confirm, you were able to perform the offline system update (OSU) already using a USB with a minimum of 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS and downloaded the file from the Xbox support website however the issue still persists, is that correct?

For OSU reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. FlashSpirit3 Win User

Xbox one factory rest stuck at 50%

4. Tdrow112 Win User

Hi FlashSpirit3,

Thanks for providing the link, unfortunately I've already tried the systems listed in the link and did not find any success with them. I agree with your comment and I too believe that there is some type of hardware failure. I completely realize that hardware
    modifications are not supported here, I'm not really interested in playing the MacGyver game.

Thanks for your assistance, but it looks like I'm just without a console.

I really do appreciate your help,

Thanks for your time
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Tdrow112,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is stuck on a green loading screen, and the factory reset is not able to complete. Also, you have some questions about the warranty for the original Xbox One. The original
    Xbox One is no longer manufactured by Microsoft. If the console is not in-warranty, it will need to be replaced. We have a support article that provides more

troubleshooting options for the green screen issue
    . We hope this information helps!

Thanks,

Leo
  6. Tdrow112 Win User

XBF Leo G,

Thanks for the reply however I've already tried all of the green screen workarounds. My xbox one sat at the green screen trying to load for over 6 hours. After going through all of the steps listed on the troubleshoot options. I attempted to do a offline
    update however the Xbox will not recognize a flash drive. I've tried 3 different working flash drives of all different memory (8gb, 64gb, 254gb) sizes. Including the flash drive that was working on the system that had games saved on it and none of them were
    recognized by the system; and yes I had formatted them correctly. I then tried to do a factory rest however it now just gets stuck at 50% on the factory rest screen, and will turn its self on and off a few times each time getting stuck at 50% until it finally
    just shuts its self down at some point or will just stay on for forever. The xbox has be on stuck at the factory rest screen for over 8 hours, after 8 hours I just turned it off because clearly something is wrong. At this point I'm thinking some type of hardware
    failed, unclear to me how.

I struggle to understand how the original xbox one is no longer supported when there hasn't been a next gen system made public yet, but I realize that is far beyond you. If you have any other ideas on this issue I welcome them, otherwise it looks like I'm
    without a console for 6 months. I guess I have 6 months to compare Xbox's and Sony's new consoles and figure out what company I'm going to go with. I've been with Xbox for over 10 years and have never had an issue, and it seems like now the first time I've
    had an issue I've been told I'm SOL and I'm on my own; which is sad because my 20 year old PS2 still runs perfectly.

I really do appreciate your help,

Thanks for your time
Thema:

1. Xbox one s stuck at 50% During factory rest. - Similar Threads - stuck 50% During

2. Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%: Payday 3 aswell as cities skylines 3 downloads are stuck at 50%. Everytime, ive tries reinstalling multiple times already and even reinstalled windows two times. I noticed after buying the...
  3. My xbox one s is stuck on 50% and it keeps on freezing and not connecting to my tv...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s is stuck on 50% and it keeps on freezing and not connecting to my tv...: Anyone able to help me with my issue cause am about to give up with Xbox for good and I’ve cleaned it out and doing that did not help 352d63d4-19b8-4332-abad-d5b1007163dc
  4. Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%: So I factory restarted my Xbox one and it stays at 50% and is says for a few hours 2d9eb9c8-e29a-4b3b-a72b-2fe4752baa7f
  5. My XBOX One GoW 2tb is stuck on the “Preparing console…” screen and resets my XBOX at 50%.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX One GoW 2tb is stuck on the “Preparing console…” screen and resets my XBOX at 50%.: Using as normal and shut down to pick up my friend from work. I came back an hour later and turned the XBOX on to the green XBOX splash screen. It would reset my XBOX after a moment. I tried to do...
  6. Xbox One s stuck on 50% preparing xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One s stuck on 50% preparing xbox: So i tried the suggested method and it didnt work and i tried going back to the menu where you Can reset and factory rest and it dosent allowe me to do so. What Can i shod a do....
  7. My new Xbox seris s is stuck on preparing console 50%, I’ve done the troubleshoot thing and...

in XBoX on Windows
    My new Xbox seris s is stuck on preparing console 50%, I’ve done the troubleshoot thing and...: My new Xbox seris s is stuck on preparing console 50%, I’ve done the troubleshoot thing and full factory reset twice and the Xbox power off cycle thing, is someone able to help me with this...
  8. Xbox stuck at 50% preparing console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stuck at 50% preparing console: My Xbox is stuck at preparing console and won’t go past 50%. How can I fix this 593b28d5-1d4d-4b7d-b2d3-48a6687a4b59
  9. XBOX One factory reset is stuck at 50%

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One factory reset is stuck at 50%: I had an issue with my controller earlier this week, so I attempted to re-sync it. After doing so, I restarted the console and it sat on the green screen (for hours), so, I performed the power...
  10. Xbox One S stuck on 50%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S stuck on 50%: Hi I am trying to restart and/or troubleshoot my xbox one s but i get stuck on 50% then it says: "Something went wrong" (System Error: E200 000000EF 00000000). Please help as I don't know what...