Xbox One S stopped working out of the blue

Discus and support Xbox One S stopped working out of the blue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm not 100% sure what's wrong with my Xbox One S. It stopped working about 2 months ago and at that point, the console was about 2ish years old. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by T-Lex78, Apr 28, 2024.

1. T-Lex78
    T-Lex78 Guest

I'm not 100% sure what's wrong with my Xbox One S. It stopped working about 2 months ago and at that point, the console was about 2ish years old. The Xbox has a constant ticking hum when connected to power, and when I hit the button, the light will turn on and the sound will que, then it will give the power off sound and the light goes out after about a second or two. I've tried unplugging the power and plugging it back in after 10 seconds, holding various buttons for periods of time according to various other threads and of course, I've ensured heat was no issue. I honestly don't want to send it in for repair but I'd like to find out what the problem is so I can try to fix it. If anybody knows what to do here, the help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

T-Lex78, Apr 28, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, T-Lex78! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions to confirm whether or not your console needs repairs.

---------

- Have you already tried plugging your console directly into one of the wall's outlets? sometimes extension cords, power strips, surge protectors, and similar devices, can cause power-related problems.

- Besides your TV/monitor, do you have any other external devices plugged into your console?

- Have you already tried leaving your console unplugged for longer than 10 seconds? For any power-relates issues, I'd suggest leaving it unplugged for 3 - 5 minutes.

- Just to be sure, is this one of the methods you tried?

Xbox Startup Troubleshooter:

• Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    • Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
    • Press and hold the BIND button and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

*Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an EJECT button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the BIND button and then pressing the Xbox button.

• Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    • Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    • The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

---------

> " I honestly don't want to send it in for repair but I'd like to find out what the problem is so I can try to fix it."

Unfortunately, users on these forums can't provide assistance or guidance on any kind of self-repair process. If your console is not turning on and doesn't respond to standard troubleshooting, it would be best to have it repaired.

It's important to point out that Microsoft no longer repairs Xbox One consoles, as they have been discontinued for some time now. Should your console need repairs, you could opt to use a third-party service.

---------

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. C0BRA STYLE Win User

Just stopped working out of the blue

Prior to today, when it recognized the command "Xbox Watch <channel name>" I would see it entering the digits for the channel in the cable box's overlay. I no longer see that happening even though it recognizes my voice command (and obviously nothing happens
    as a result).
  4. bengsxr Win User

I have a direct tv box. Small update here I can control the tv through the xbox smart glass app everything works fine except the one guide on the xbox itself and the app.
  5. C0BRA STYLE Win User

Exact same problem. Started today for me as well.

I have an Xfinity HD DVR box from Comcast.
  6. Whalers1988 Win User

Wireless Blue Tooth Headset ???

Also will the PC Blue Tooth Wireless Headsets be able to work on the Xbox One and Xbox One - S???
Thema:

1. Xbox One S stopped working out of the blue - Similar Threads - stopped working blue

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  4. Game Clips Stop Working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Clips Stop Working: Whenever I take a game clip it always stops working once I upload it to the Xbox Network, whenever I try and access the clip it gives me an error code. The one thing about this is that the only...
  5. My Hp omen 17's camera stopped working all of a sudden.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Hp omen 17's camera stopped working all of a sudden.: Hello, I was trying to call someone on discord and the camera wasn't working so i checked if it was working anywhere else and it consistently does this thing where it just shows an icon of a...
  6. Controller stops working in COD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller stops working in COD: Xbox 1 controller stops working in COD 3124af11-dc99-4735-8266-9fcf0de37f69
  7. CEC partially stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    CEC partially stopped working?: I have a Series X plugged into an Onkyo Tx-Nr7100 that is then plugged into my TV, a Vizio P65-F1. Everything was perfect until about two weeks ago when CEC will no longer turn on the AVR and TV...
  8. My microphone just stopped working out of nowhere

in XBoX on Consoles
    My microphone just stopped working out of nowhere: I was watching a basketball game talking with my friends and out of nowhere my microphone stopped picking up voice. I tried pressing the Mute button multiple times, i have it correctly set up, the...
  9. My Logitech 720p was working the first day i bought the camera and then it stopped working....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Logitech 720p was working the first day i bought the camera and then it stopped working....: My Logitech 720p stopped working (dunno the actual model but it was bought during 1sr covid quarantine) I tried everything i saw online, (trust me so i need some new advise, the only thing i...
  10. My RB button stopped working out the blue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My RB button stopped working out the blue.: I just recently replaced my son controller as well because of the same issue. I’m having the exact same problem now Series X and series S I’ve tried all troubleshooting solutions and get the same...