Xbox One S slow download speed and constant drop out

Discus and support Xbox One S slow download speed and constant drop out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had an original Xbox one bought back in 2013 or 14 and have just got an Xbox one s around 3 weeks ago. My games are all mostly on an external hard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Merated, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Merated
    Merated Guest

I had an original Xbox one bought back in 2013 or 14 and have just got an Xbox one s around 3 weeks ago. My games are all mostly on an external hard drive so I've been playing them fine until now when I am trying to download a new one the speed is extremely
    slower than my last Xbox and it constantly drops off. I have downloaded 3GB in 12 hours. The Xbox speed test shows it has a much higher speed than what is currently being downloaded by the Xbox. I can also stream Netflix and YouTube perfectly fine without
    quality issues or buffering.

Are there any suggestions to why this problem is happening?

:)

Merated, Mar 12, 2020
  2. ElectrifiedV2 Win User

I love you! Lmao

Youre not the hero we expected

But forsure the hero we needed
  3. FunnyJoel Win User

Bro fix yall **** server download speeds this **** is annoying as **** man. I literally am paying for a 500mbs speed up/down the network speed test ON THE DAMN XBOX is saying 388mbs download im getting 676kbs download speeds what the **** type of services
    are you guys at microsoft providing up there bro this **** literally does not make any **** sense. Its a wired connection i’ve restarted my router numerous times tried everything up to this point im tired of this **** fix it. None of my other devices download
    that slow even on wifi im getting 200-400mbs and on my ps4 its even higher. Yall services are just barebones trash and dont pull that corona virus **** cause this **** has been happening since early 2019 late 2018. FIX YALL **** SERVERS MAN GODDAMN.
  4. MilanZubqo Win User

I had an original Xbox one bought back in 2013 or 14 and have just got an Xbox one s around 3 weeks ago. My games are all mostly on an external hard drive so I've been playing them fine until now when I am trying to download a new one the speed is extremely
    slower than my last Xbox and it constantly drops off. I have downloaded 3GB in 12 hours. The Xbox speed test shows it has a much higher speed than what is currently being downloaded by the Xbox. I can also stream Netflix and YouTube perfectly fine without
    quality issues or buffering.

Are there any suggestions to why this problem is happening?
  5. Honda Man 04 Win User

I would try resetting your router or gateway device. This can resolve many connectivity and downloading issues. Unplug it for at least 30 seconds, plug it back in and then wait for the normal lights to come back on and then retry downloads. I have found
    this to be my go to problem solving tool when I have similar issues and it usually does the trick. Good luck!
  6. crazydude1965 Win User

I find if you exit your game dowloads will go faster
Thema:

1. Xbox One S slow download speed and constant drop out - Similar Threads - slow download speed

2. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  3. My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.: The game I'm trying to download is Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox app for pc. While downloading the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, I have over 30 mb/s but on Rise of the Tomb Raider it is...
  4. Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps): Recently changed routers with virgin media (hub3 to hub5) as part of my service package. The package gives me 1gbps and when I tested it after installation it was working fine. 2 months later and...
  5. SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED PC: I've been an Xbox fan for years, since I was a kid. Now that I'm older I got a pc and still play via Xbox app but anything I download won't go past 10 download speed. I've looked this up and found...
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  8. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  9. Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION): There are dozens of identical posts with no clear solution, dating back years where people with perfectly fine PC's and very fast hardwired internet connections get less than 10mbps download...
  10. What is being done about slow download speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is being done about slow download speeds?: There are on-going numerous reports about slow download speeds on the Xbox series S and others. The only response has been the computer generated “try restarting your console”. We have tried that...