Xbox One S - Redeem Code Function Doesn't Start

Discus and support Xbox One S - Redeem Code Function Doesn't Start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to redeem a Xbox360 code on our Xbox One S, but upon direct-opening Store and clicking on Redeem Code nothing happens. A green animated circle... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Schtrooklee, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Schtrooklee
    Schtrooklee Guest

Trying to redeem a Xbox360 code on our Xbox One S, but upon direct-opening Store and clicking on Redeem Code nothing happens. A green animated circle appears but nothing loads. The code can not be redeemed via web (it gives warning 'Xbox: redeem this code
    on your console'), by the way. Game in question is Tekken 6. It is compatible with Xbox One. Upon opening game's page in Store, it loads fine as does Purchase feature. But, Redeem Code doesn't function there either; a green animated circle appears but nothing
    loads. This is the first time we've tried redeeming a game code directly on our console (usually web redemption works just fine, but not for this Xbox360 game). Thank you.

Is this a temporary outage? Anyone else experiencing similar problems? Or did we mess something up when configuring privacy/advertisments/notification options (which we did recently)?

:)

Schtrooklee, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Dungis98
    Dungis98 Guest
    Problem Redeem code

Tried to redeem a new Xbox live code.

When i go in to my account it says that my account have no authority to access this function and when i try to redeem the code it says that it´s allready redeemed.

Dungis98, Nov 27, 2018
  3. PB7
    PB7 Guest
    What makes Xbox Live worth it?

Like shark said, you'll need it for demos, multiplayer, deals, and special online functions. What makes it unique is its a major part of the experience for pretty cheap. Its only 50 dollars a year. If you get the card then just redeem it using the code on the card when asked if you have any codes by the xbox one console while registering for Xbox Live. Hopefully that makes sense.

4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Try redeeming the code from a different device. I have good luck redeeming those codes from my PC.

{Parity}, Nov 27, 2018
  5. alitem27
    alitem27 Guest
    I'm having the same issue, have you found a solution yet?

alitem27, Nov 27, 2018
  6. Schtrooklee
    Schtrooklee Guest
    Nope. Tried a few PCs, but this particular code needs to redeemed on console. Tried restarting console, router, but to no avail. Will try tomorrow, oops it's already today. Will report if things change.

Schtrooklee, Nov 28, 2018
  7. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hi Schtrooklee,

I believe the console may just need some troubleshooting and some cleaning up as that seems like a technical issue on a programmed feature to the operating system.

First, I suggest trying a complete power cycle.

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 5 minutes.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

If that doesn't help then I suggest a
    soft factory reset
    . Make sure to follow the link I provided and have your account login information available as you will need to re-download accounts to your Xbox during set-up.

Give those steps a try and let us know if it helped!

XBF Diego M, Nov 28, 2018
  8. RoyEll19
    RoyEll19 Guest

in that case, if i redeem my code on my laptop, will i be able to download the game on my xbox?

RoyEll19, Nov 28, 2018
  9. alitem27
    alitem27 Guest
    I used the Microsoft account yesterday to redeem codes. Today it is working.

alitem27, Nov 28, 2018
  10. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hi Roy,

Yes, you can redeem any 25-digit code meant for Xbox Live on your laptop from your Microsoft account. Once you have the confirmation that the item was redeemed to your account, start up your Xbox and you need to initiate the download under the "Ready to
    Install" list found under your games and apps.

Here is an article that will help with redeeming codes on different devices:
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/10604/microsoft-account-redeem-gift-card-or-code

Also going forward, feel free to make your own thread anytime you have a question about anything so we don't start separate discussions on other threads. Thank you!

XBF Diego M, Nov 28, 2018
  11. Schtrooklee
    Schtrooklee Guest
    Hi, Diego. Did all of that, except factory reset (that's too much of a hassle). Anyway, got up this morning, fired up our console, went straight to Store, pressed Redeem Code et voila. It's working properly now and was able to enter the code and redeem Xbox360
    copy of Tekken 6. Working flawlessly.

But now, we're ran into another problem. Code was accepted, game redeemed and installed but it doesn't show in Purchases on our Microsoft account. What gives? Anyone? Thank you.

Schtrooklee, Nov 28, 2018
  12. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest
    Hey Schtrooklee thanks for keeping in touch!

We suggest for this new issue to check both on the console and on the website. To check on the console go to Settings, Account, Payment & Billing, Order history. Once that is done the console will bring up our Microsoft Edge browser which is fine, check
    out the order history on there. If it is still not showing up check the website (Account.Microsoft.com) payment and billing, order history. If the issue persists sign
    out of the account on the console and sign back in (If and only if the account details are known).
    Give these steps a shot and let us know if we can further assist in this or any other issue or inquiry!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 28, 2018
  13. Schtrooklee
    Schtrooklee Guest

Hi, Nestor. Tried everything, but redeemed game does not appear neither in My Games nor Order History/Purchases. It does not appear in Edge on Xbox, nor does it appear in Firefox (both on account.xbox.com and account.microsoft.com) on PC. It's as if the
    game was never redeemed. But it was, and key was purchased on cdkeys IIRC and redeemed on console. What happens if we need to reformat or reset the console? How will we able to install the game if there's no record of it in Order History/Purchases? Can the
    code be redeemed again?

Schtrooklee, Nov 29, 2018
  14. Hi Sctrooklee,

Thanks for reaching out to us! We understand your concern since the code is not showing it was redeemed on the account.

It is possible to try entering the code again to see if it says it was already redeemed or if it says that it just redeemed at that moment. It is best to check all accounts on the console as well in case it was accidentally redeemed on another account.

As a last resort, try to contact our support team at
    Contact Us.
    To request a callback, follow these steps:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select no
      thanks, then select category system update
    • Step 3-----gives some troubleshooting or help tips, select "Show contact options"
    • Step 4 ----select request a call from support

Once they call, explain the issue and they will be able to help you.

I hope this information helps.

XBF Jasmine Z, Nov 6, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: